How it ALL Started . . .

The Guys Of My Life

[ Ara's POV ]

I don't know how it started.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, or maybe it was because I was staring at that guy for so long.

I just don't know.

I think it started back when I moved to Seoul with my sisters and started a new school there. It was kind of weird at first. My sisters were being so over protective and kept giving me warnings about everything. I was just going to a new school, why would they need to give me warnings? Besides I'm tough and it's not like I don't pay attention to a lot of things.
To top it all off I'm 17! They don't need to give me all these warnings as if I was going to war or something.

Anyways, enough with their words of advice and useless information! Let's get back to the subject. Where was I? Oh right, school. I admit. Seeing a guy for the first day of school and practically falling in love with him is a bit…odd,in my book anyways, but it just happened. At first, I didn't know what his name was until my new friends told me these things I didn't need to hear.

"Don't get too into him Ara," Ri In told me one time during lunch, "I heard that he's got like two other girlfriends from two different schools."

Our other friend, Taeyeon, shook her head.

"You've been listening to Junsu's nonsense again haven't you?" she asked with a smile, "But from what I've heard, he doesn't have just a girlfriend, but like, five or even more then that." she said as she turned to look at me.

At first, I didn't really believe what they said. Heck, I'm not one like those dumb bimbo's who believe every rumor they hear without having any evidence to base it on. Not to say my friends are bimbos, but you get what I mean. Moreover, all that really mattered was what I, myself, thought of him. Who is 'him'? The one and only Kim Kibum.

The first day at a new school went smoothly, not at all like I thought it would be. It was probably better because I was able to meet such great and awesome friends. A girl by the name of Jang Ri In, who has a voice that gives chills whenever you hear her sing, not to mention a personality that makes everyone smile. My second friend was another girl by the name of Kim Taeyeon. Her older brother is Kim Junsu, who is also Ri In's boyfriend. They are SO cute! But anyways, Taeyeon is just like her brother. They're always so cheerful and crazy. Sometimes it's hard to believe that they're related. Nevertheless, because of them, I've probably had the best first day of school ever.

To put it simply, the both of them got into relationships before and after I came. Confusing huh? Well, Ri In's been with Junsu since last year, and Tae just got with some guy named Jinki. Of course, most everyone calls him Onew.

But while I was happy for the both of them, their relationships left me in an awkward situation. Here I was, crushing on a guy that I barely spoke to or even had a class with! I need help. And soon.

"Yes. You do need help. May I sugge--"

"No Donghae. I don't need any of your weird 'Fishy' advices to help me," I told him while glaring.

This guy is Lee Donghae, who I unfortunately sit next to in math. He's another one of those odd friends that I made after my first week of school. He's pretty cool but he can be weird at times, especially when people even call him 'fishy.'

"Oh come on! My advice has helped a lot of people Ara," He said to me, "And what I was about to say was that..."

"Donghae, I said no," I reiterated, "Besides, the last person I heard you helped, nearly killed himself. Why would you tell a guy to jump off a building in hopes that the girl he likes would care?!"

"But it worked…?"

"He broke his leg and his arm," I stated.

"But the girl noticed right?"

Oh Donghae, what ever happened to your brain? How many times were you dropped as a child?

"The girl never even glanced at him."

"Oh."

He nearly kills a guy and that's all he could say? But knowing him and his persistence, he'd probably insist I listen to his advice.

"But come on! Can't you at least listen to what I have to say?" He asked.

Oh, I am just too good.

Even so, I sighed and decided to let him speak for once.

"Oh okay, fine. What is it?"

I swear I saw his face brighten when I finally let him speak. Silly, silly, fish.

"Oh wait..." He paused for a moment, "I forgot what I wanted to say."

I groaned at his absentmindedness and moments later the bell rang. I refused to wait until he remembered and grabbed my backpack before walking out of the room.

"Wait! Wait! I remembered Ara! Wait for me~~~!" He whined, chasing after me with his arms waving like the crazy person he was. Mind you, I wasn't running nor do I know why he would do that. Err, strike that. Obviously it's because he's weird.

"What is it now, Donghae?" I muttered, turning to look at him.

"You s-should w-w-write.." He said in between breaths. I honestly didn't see why he had to run in the first place. I was barely two steps away from the door!

"Write? Write what?" I inquired, crossing my arms.

He looked up.

"A letter."

That's his advice?! Write a letter?! Has he gone insane or something?! Oh wait. He's crazy, duh.

"No."

"Awh.. come on, Ara! Everyone likes getting letters!" He said as he trailed behind me while I walked ahead of him.

"Said who?"

He and I stopped when we saw Ri In and Junsu walking out of the music building.

"Who said that everyone liked getting letters?" Ri In asked.

All I could do was point to the psychopathic, fish-loving person next to me before walking away. I swear, if I keep near him, I might turn into something like him.

Oh god I hope not.

Donghae pouted.

"All I suggested to Ara to write a letter to Kibum, telling him how she feels about him,"

Yes. I told Donghae that I liked Kibum! But he kept bothering me about the matter! I mean honestly, break, lunch, and class, all he could say was, ‘do you like somebody? Who is he? Do I know him? Come on! Tell me!’ But he swore that he wouldn’t tell Kibum and he better be thankful he kept his word.

Junsu looked over towards me. "Really? I don't think that's a bad idea, Ara."

"Oppa.." Ri In started as she glanced over at him Junsu, "Did you just say that Donghae's idea was a good idea?"

He just smiled and nodded

Oh my word. The world has officially gone mad. The apocalypse is coming and we’re all doomed. Really we are! And we can give all the thanks to Lee Donghae!

"I'm not writing a letter to a guy who will know that it’s another confession. But only because I know in the end," I paused, taking a breather, "it will be left un-open and thrown in the trash." How do I know you ask? I've seen it a thousand times. Okay maybe not a thousand, but you get my drift. I exaggerate, sue me.

"I highly doubt that he would do that," Ri In encouraged with a smile, "We'll just have Donghae here make sure he actually reads it. Isn't that right, Donghae?" She let her gaze travel towards him as she finished her sentence and seethed.

He was tuning her out and blasting his stupid Ipod! Ri In glared. I think anyone would have. Who likes when people ignore others?

"YAH! DONGHAE!" He jumped at the sudden shout of his name.

"Eh.. wha... wha-- What happened?!" He answered pulling his headphones down to his neck.

He looked over at Ri In, who was now sporting a death glare on her face. Even Junsu couldn’t pacify her during one of these fits. Speaking of which, he’s smiling at her. Should I be scared?

"Ara, It wouldn't hurt to try to write it right?" He asked, "Besides, how many times have you written a letter to a guy before?"

I thought for a moment and realized that no number came to mind.

I thought for a moment till a number came to mind.

"None." Junsu's eyes widened.

"Bwoh?!(What?!) Are you serious?" He practically screamed as if it was the most shocking news to him. Well I guess it could be, it was, but not to me.

"So wait.. you never written a letter to a guy before in your entire life?"

What the hell is with all the questions?

"Yes."

"Wow..." was all Donghae could say.

"Shut up, Donghae," I snapped.

It wasn't that I was embarrassed about it; it’s just weird to have to admit to something I've never done.

“Damn boys,” I muttered.

Ri In giggled lightly at my response.

"Well, I think its time for us to head to class. Come on, Ara," she said before walking towards Junsu to place a light kiss on his cheek.

Once done, she lightly pulled my arm before turning to Donghae.

"And You!" Donghae pointed at himself confusedly before Ri In continued,"Stop giving bad advice."

I swore I wanted to laugh at that moment. I knew for a fact Donghae didn't really understand what she meant until Junsu calmly explained it to him.

"We both heard that you gave Sungmin advice to dye his hair rainbow in hopes to get attention," He said.

"Really? What happened?" Donghae asked all excitedly.

Oh. My. Goodness. Why does he think that every thing we say to him is good news?

"Its Donghae, Ara," Ri In answered as if reading my thoughts. "We just have to live through it."

I smiled.

"True."

We smiled at each other before continuing on to our classes, only to stop after hearing a familiar voice screaming in desperation.

"AH!! WAIT! WAIT! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT DYING YOUR HAIR IN RAINBOW COLORS WOULD MAKE YOUR HAIR FALL OUT!!"

That Donghae. And he insists that his advice is good.

"LEE DONGHAE!! GET BACK HERE!!" screamed another voice.

As Ri In and I watched in amusement, we noted the obviously fake black wig atop the boy's head. This must be the infamous and extremely stupid Lee Sungmin. I mean, honestly, who dyes their hair rainbow? Good idea for sticking out, bad idea overall.

"YAH! DONGHAE I'LL GET YOU BACK!" Sungmin roared continuing the chase.

May all the fish pray for you Lee Donghae…

If they can pray that is.

--- End Chapter 1 --
[A/N] Graphic credits; me (please don't take it >_<)