The Agreement

Beautiful Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy it!

Baekhyun stared into Daehyun’s eyes intensely. He never hoped for this to happen. He knew this was his fate, but he never expected that fate was this cruel. If he could decide, he would decide not to take the offer, but he couldn’t. He needed the money for his baby.

“Okay, I take the offer.” Daehyun was satisfied with the answer.

“But, I want you to treat my child like your own kid.” Baekhyun looked at Daehyun deadly. He thought if he couldn’t have his child, then anyone who was going to take care of his child had to give the love he should have given.

Daehyun wasn’t sure about loving the child who was from his own flesh and blood. He didn’t need or even want this child to exist. Daehyun could only nodded, even though he was only lying about it.

 

It was already near the time he would give birth to his child. Baekhyun was walking alone to buy things at supermarket.  He had to make something tonight. A ‘special’ guest was coming tonight. He rolled his eyes again when he remembered about the father of his baby. Daehyun called Baekhyun this morning and told Baekhyun that he was coming tonight. And the older boy even asked Baekhyun to make his favorite food. At first Baekhyun never thought that Daehyun would come almost every week, only to check his condition. He didn’t want to believe but it was happening. The first time Daehyun knocked Baekhyun’s house, he went into the latter house without permission and stayed for dinner. After that Daehyun frequently visited Baekhyun house and sometimes he even stayed for a night. Someday, Baekhyun asked about his strange behaviour to Daehyun. But Daehyun only answered that he was asked to do that by his mother. Baekhyun just shrugged it off. He didn't care about it anyways, he was just curious. But he couldn’t also say that he didn’t like Daehyun being there for him and their baby. Baekhyun didn't really anything to do. He was dropped out of his school and he had no friends to play with. But then another strange thing happened. His classmate, Jung JinYoung, suddenly came into his house and played with him. Baekhyun couldn’t fully trust JinYoung, but at least JinYoung had made him feel less lonely. JinYoung almost played with Baekhyun everyday; except he had things to do and when the day Daehyun came. JinYoung never asked Baekhyun about his condition. Baekhyun didn’t even feel suspicious about it. He just felt thank to have them visited frequently.

Baekhyun quickly went home and prepare dinner for Daehyun. On his way home, he met Jin Young, but he wasn’t alone. He was with Baekhyun’s other classmates. Baekhyun really wanted to hide, but it was too late. They already saw him. He wanted to run, but he wouldn’t do anything stupid that could harm his unborn baby. From afar, he could see Jin Young, who was trying to stop them from approaching the pregnant boy. Baekhyun walked faster but then he felt so weak and his stomach hurt so bad. He almost fell, if someone didn’t hold him. And he could only see black.

 

Daehyun got up from his chair; he looked at the calendar on his worktable. He circled it. Daehyun sighed. It would be the last time he met Baekhyun while he was pregnant with his son. The birth date was predicted 2 more days. He often visited Baekhyun on Saturday, giving his time for the pregnant boy. It was his mom idea at first, but then he began to enjoy it. He didn't know why he even stayed for dinner. It wasn’t even in the idea. The first day he visited Baekhyun, it was already night and he was already hungry. That’s why he decided to stay for dinner and then he became addicted to Baekhyun’s food and now he even dare to ask for his favorite food. Baekhyun’s food became his favorite food. Anything, everything Baekhyun cooked for him, he would eat it happily, even though his face didn’t show it.

Today he asked Baekhyun to cook his favorite food for him. He was already drove his car to the boy’s house, but on his way, he saw the pregnant boy who was in a rush. Daehyun saw the boy’s face. He could see that he was in pain. Daehyun pulled over his car, he ran to the boy and held him before he even touched the ground.  Daehyun called for Baekhyun’s face, but got no response from him. Daehyun was too shocked and didn’t know what to do until a voice woke him up.

“Hyung… we have to take Baekhyun to the hospital right now.” Daehyun turned his head over the person and saw his brother. Daehyun was surprised.

“You have to explain everything!” Daehyun took Baekhyun into his car and asked Jin Young to drive them. Daehyun pulled Baekhyun closely into his chest. He also whispered words that make him calmer.

 

Daehyun was waiting outside the ER with worry. Jin Young joined him sitting beside him. He tapped on his brother’s shoulder. He kept repeated that both of Baekhyun and their baby would be okay. Not long after that the doctor came out and said that Baekhyun and the baby was okay. Daehyun didn't know why, but he felt relieved. When Daehyun walked to the Baekhyun’s care room, his mom approached him and dragged him to the babies’ room. She couldn’t wait to meet his grandson. Daehyun left his mom in the room while he visited Baekhyun.

“I’m so sorry Byun Baekhyun, but I have to take your baby away from you.” He felt he wanted to cry. He was about to get out of the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter