안녕 #2

Hello (안녕)

   Day by day passed, every time they meet; Haeun will always give a cold shoulder. Not like the past one month, they would silently greet each other or give a slight smile. But after that incident, everything back to normal or even worse. She will avoid him, give him cold glare or bump him on purpose. She hate you now, fool.

“Do you know how lonely it is to be alone?
Do you know how sad I get when I see you avoiding me?”

“Hey guys! This is me, Joshua. The leader of school’s extern organization. So I have announcement, this summer on this Sunday, there will be a summer song’s competition festival~! If you want to show off your talents in dance, sing, rap, or band. You can register your applications to the school’s extern organization room. We will accept 5 applicants for each talent. So hurry up, we will be waiting until school ended, and we will announce the participants tomorrow! Chaoo~~!!” Joshua’s voices echoing around the hall and after that the hall become chaos.

“Haeun-ah! You’ll come to the summer festival right?!” after hearing that name being called, Chanhyuk automatically gaze at Haeun’s presence. “Yeah, I’ll come. I’m curious with this year’s participants. Because you guys know right, every summer festival a talent agents will be the judges! And last year, no one interest all of the talent agents. So, I’m curious with this year!”

‘So there’s talent agents… if you come, then I’ll be there. Wait for the surprise, Haeun

~♦~

WHAT?! YOU’RE CRAZY RIGHT? HELLOOOO~ I’M NOT A STUDENT IN YOUR SO CALLED FAMOUS SCHOOL. HOW CAN I JOIN THE COMPETITION??!”Soohyun’s freaked out. “Last time I checked I’m still normal and the school’s organization okay with it. So what’s the problem? I’ve write some music before; there’s nothing to be worry about. Besides, I know you want this too, Soo”

“What makes you think that I’m excited with this things?” she tilted her head to her brother, he grinned “There’ll will be talent agents for the judges”

“REALLY?! Then I’ll join! Now let’s go home real quick and prepare for everything. Chaochao!” She runs leaving his brother, the guy just laughed at his little sister’s cute reaction. “Hey wait for me!”

 

Lanterns decorating the place. The crowded gathering in front of the stage; anticipating the competition. At the backstage, everyone seems nervous. Some of them were pacing back and forth, some of them practicing their voice, some of them jumping up and down, some of them practicing their dance. On the other corner of backstage, there’s siblings played each other to reduce the nervous feelings. Chanhyuk and Soohyun. Sometimes, Soohyun will peek through the stage to see if their mom coming to watch the performance of not; or checking if her prince charming coming or not. Because she invites him.

“Oh my god! Oppa! They’re really coming!” she yelled and jump up and down in excitement; earning what’s-wrong-with-her glare. Noticing the glares her sister’s earning, he quickly pulls her back to her sit. “Who?” he casually asks.

 “Are you a fool of what? Of course our mom, and my prince charming! And his dearly ‘princess’” she mentioned the last sentence as she rolled her eyes ball in annoyance. He chuckled and hugs his sister. “Oh come on, ignore that girl presence and just do our best tonight so the ‘prince’ of your dream will chase after you and ditch that ‘princess’” The girl chuckled

“Well that’s a good idea. I just realized that you’re smart enough, Babo” Soohyun grinned evilly earning a pinch on her cheek from her brother “where’s your politeness towards the older?”

“Enough kids stop the bickering. Get ready because your performance is number 6” the staffs said while pushing Soohyun and Chanhyuk to the makeup and dressing room.

~~

First, second, third, forth, and fifth contestant finished their performance. Now, it’s the last stage… means, it’s their performance. The siblings cheer up to each other and hold their hands as they walked to the stage together. After they got the right positions, they face the crowd and the judges. As for the judges, there’s Park Jin Young from JYP Entertainment and Yang Hyun Suk from YG Entertainment.

“Hello we’re Akdong Musician!”They answered in sync without hesitation. “What song you’re going to show us? Tell us the singer and the tittles” Hyunsuk asked with his judging cold stare. “Actually, this song is written by my brother. The title is ‘Hello’

“Oh you write this song? Interesting! Now, sing the song please” Jinyoung said with his excited face. Chanhyuk grab his guitar; before he play the intro, he looks around the audience and spotted the girl he wanted to see. Haeun; she looks shocked with what her see.

(Here’s the full music along with the English subtitles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4J-7sYwpmY)

….Hello, I know you
but you don’t know me
Hello, I know you
but you don’t know me

Don’t hate me

Don’t leave me far behind
Leave me right here like this
Just being with you all together
Will make me feel secure

Don’t leave me alone
Let me be with you all
Just being with you all together
Will make me feel secure

Don’t hate me
don’t hate me
don’t hate me

 

As the song reached it ends, the audiences give them a standing claps; even Park Jiyoung’s eyes getting watery. The siblings bowed to the audience and the judges.

“This is wonderful! I felt touched by the song! Can you tell us a simple story of this song? I knew this song is based on reality” Jiyoung’s said as he wiped his tears away. Chanhyuk spotted the girl again, and took a deep breath; start talking.

“This is about my sister… and my love story. Bitter story, there’s a line saying ‘don’t hate me’. Because, I think I just ruined my friendship with the girl I like. I feel like a stupid person that time, maybe because of my stupid acts… she hates me” Chanhyuk said while chuckling to ease the pity stares.

“Oh so it’s like that. Don’t worry buddy. Your future is bright” Hyunsuk said as he winked at him; leaving the siblings clueless.

“For all the participants please come to the stage” the host announce. “We’ve seen great performances tonight. They are all good and talented! Even the judges get confuse to choose who the winner is” everyone forced their laugh, so it’ll not hurt the host feelings.     Lame jokes, coughs.

“For the 3rd winner will receive 400.000 won! The 3rd winner is… Alley Street Dancer!” the 3rd winner group makes a little chaos on the stage, before step to the front of stage. “Congratulation for the Alley Street Dancer! So for the 2nd winner will receive a trip to Jeju and Nami Island! The 2nd winner is… Dragons Duo!”

The duet step to the front of stage with teary eyes, and the other one with tanner skin wiped his tears. “Congratulation for the Dragons Duo! And now… the 1st winner will receive 1million won and there’s a special presents from the judges!”

Chanhyuk feel his sister get shaky, he could feel his sister cold sweat. He held his sister hands and cares her gently, “Relax, Soo. I’m here. Its okay if we’re not the winner, we should do better in the future. Win or not; it doesn’t matter” the girl nodded and smile at him

“So the 1st winner is…” the drummer play his drum, to make everyone getting curious and curious. Chanhyuk close his eyes and pray in his heart.

“Akdong Musician!” He heard a lot of people cheering, he shoot his eyes open and see her sister crying in front of him. The girl quickly hugs him, “we won! We did it! I love you oppa I love you!” he hugs her back after realizing it’s not his dreams. He spotted his mother, crying on her sit while mouthing ‘I’m so proud of you’and then he spotted Haeun, she waved at him; Chanhyuk wave back,

The siblings got off from the stage as they make a run to their mother; they make a group hugs and cry in joy. As they hugs their mother and receiving congratulate from people around them, the judges come near them. They noticed the judge’s presence, so they break the hugs and bowed to the judges.

 “I have an extra surprise for both of you; like that stupid host just said earlier” Hyunsuk said without smiling. “So, are you up to sign contract to my agency?” the oldest wiggle his eyebrows to the siblings with grinned.

“Re—really?!” the siblings stared at each other and back to the founder of YG. “Well, actually I was about to offer you the exact things. Or maybe we should let this kids choose what they want, shall we?” Jiyoung said while wiggling his eyebrows to Hyunsuk. Hyunsuk chuckled and nodded in agreement. The siblings hurriedly whisper to each other and make a deal shout.

“We’ve made a decision… that we—“

 

 

“Hi Akdong Musician… Hi… Chanhyuk. I’m sorry for disturbing Mr. Park and Mr. Yang. But, Chanhyuk-ah I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have leave you. What you do was right, I don’t need to be mad at you but thanks to you instead. I’ve made a mistake. And I…I’ve realized that… I—I like you” Haeun said after she finished her statement, she’s blushing as tomato. Chanhyuk give her a warm smile and look at her sister and the 2 judges in front of them. The three nodded and give him an ‘Okay’ sign.

“No need to apologize. I’m happy enough that finally I’m not in one sided love situation again. I can say it clearly now, I like you Haeun. But, friendship is enough for both of us right now. Because I’ve made decisions… “He grinned and take a one glance to his sister, the sister replies while winking. “I’ll be signing contract with Mr. Yang and chasing me and my sister’s dream. Will you wait for me, until I can reach and touch the star?”

Haeun giggle as she heard what just he has said and Mr. Yang being proud of him making Mr. Park stared in annoyance. Haeun put her arms around Chanhyuk’s shoulder in friendly manner. “Don’t worry buddy and take a note you’re not just touch the star. But, you’ll become a bright star. Here I am, becoming your 1st fan. Remember that okay?!”

“Okay, so it’s clear that Akdong Musician will sign contract with YG Entertainment and debuting soon. I’m hoping your visit tomorrow at YG Entertainment building, here’s the address. Because I’m still having something to do, see you tomorrow” Mr. Yang bid a goodbye while pulled Mr. Park along with him. They laughed and not forgetting to bowed to them.

“Well, it’s night already. My dad already picked me up, so guys see you soon! Congratulation! Akdong musician fighting!” Haeun said while pumping her fist up. The siblings wave their hands to her.

“I’m really proud of you, Childs” Their mother said from behind them make the siblings turned their head and run to their mother. Once again they cried again together.

~~FIN♦