안녕 #1

Hello (안녕)

Soohyun, hurry wake your brother up. Or you two will be late!”

The girl named Soohyun nodded and run upstairs to her brother’s room. She knocked her brother and shout, “oppa! Hurry up, we’ll be late!!”

‘Wait me downstairs! I’ll be down in 5mins!’

She sighed, “you better be hurry okay?! I’ll eat my breakfast first!” after that she run downstairs and back to her breakfast. When she’s about to stuff her bread, a hand stole her bread away. It’s her brother, Chanhyuk. She glared at her; the boy noticed it and just shrugged it off. “Hey! That’s mine!! Eat yours!”

“What? They’re still the same” he replied, while munching his food. Their mother chuckled with their behavior. She put 2 glasses of milk for her children. They’re not twins, but they acted like they were one of it. The between them is 3 years. The oldest, Lee Chanhyuk now is a last year student in High school. While the youngest, Lee Soohyun is a last year student in Secondary School.

“Fighting over bread again?” the siblings sigh. “Seriously, Hyun. It’s just bread. Here, eat this or you’ll die because of starving” the oldest give the half eaten bread to his sister. The girl smirk, instead of take the bread with her hands, she bites the bread and the owner hands too. “Yah! This girl!”

The girls stuck out her tongue to her brother, then runs off not forget to bring her bags along with her. “I’ll be going first mom, goodbye! And Chanhyuk, that’s a punishment for you because, stole someone’s food!” The boy stunned after hearing what her sister said to him. He faced his mom, “Mom, did she just call me with name?” his mom nodded and signaling him to chase her. He immediately takes his bag and run to chase her sister.

“Okay mom! I’ll be going too! I love you!”

~~~~♦♦♦~~~~

“Yah! Lee Soohyun! You better watch you lil---“he got cut off by her sister, “Ssshhh! Oppa! You better be quite, I’m sorry okay!” she said almost whispering. She put her hand at his brother’s mouth to keep him quite, while she was sneaking behind the post lamp. The brother signaling her sister to take her hand off, and she take her hand off him.

Their schools are in separated ways, so they use separated bus. But, as a good brother he was; he always waits for Soohyun to take her bus first instead him. He knows when her sister behaving likes this, sneaking here and there. It’s because of a guy she’s been crushing on ever since she’s in the second year of school. Nam Juhyuk. He lives near their house. But they never talked to each other. “Oh, it’s that guy!”

He said it out loud, makes Soohyun face hi and signaling him to keep quite. Soon the bus arrived, That Hansol guy got in the bus. Soohyun hurriedly run to the bus and leaving her brother there. “Oppa, I’ll text you letter. Okay bye!”

Not long after that, the bus for him arrived.

~~♦

Its lunch time, Soohyun walks to the field to eat her lunch there. Ever since she knows him, she eats her lunch there; to see him, sleeping peacefully under tree. Of course she will watch him from a far, and sometime she will share her lunches to him using aluminum wrapper and leave it beside him after that she will back to her hiding spot and watch him slowly awake and eat the food she gave him. The guy looks around to see who’s giving him lunch every time he take a nap there, the place he claimed as his hiding spot. After make sure her crush eat his lunch already, she quickly leave the place while smiling ear to ear.

At the other place, Chanhyuk seat at the corner of cafeteria; secretly watching the girl in his dream walking down the hallway to the cafeteria with her friends. Kang Haeun. Her smile is like a rainbow, and the star shining from her eyes. Makes the spectacles guy falls deeper and deeper.  Her eyes searching for empty spot around the cafeteria; her eyes meeting his.

Dugeun…. Dugeun…

He breaks the eye contact and started to make another words to make a beautiful poem in his notebook.

‘Hello, I know you
but you don’t know me
we haven’t talked for all this time
I just looked at you hanging out from faraway’

He kept writing and focusing. Hearing someone soles getting closer and closer to his spot; it’s like music to his ears. The more the footsteps getting closer, the more his heart beats faster; he quickly drank his mineral water to slow down his strange feelings.

“Can we seat here?” the voice is so familiar. He looks up and fixed his spectacles; choked. “Are you okay?” when her hands almost reach his shoulder, he quickly stood up and gathers his books.

“Ye—yes you can. I’ll find my other table anyway. So… uu-mm excuses me” he moves to another empty dirty table in the other corner. When he’s cleaning the table for him, he heard one of her friend said. “What a freak nerd. Tch” his shoulder sank. Her friends said I’m freak, maybe she’s too. It’s no way I can be with her, I’m not her type.

“Yah, don’t be like that. He’s a nice guy and maybe kind of cute” hearing that, Chanhyuk face’s brightened.

~~~♦

Class dismissed, Chanhyuk gather all his things to his backpack and walk out from the class. At the corridor, he heard a familiar angelic yet cute laugh. He set his gaze to angelic laugh, but then his face fell down. Well it’s good to see someone you’ve been crushing on laughing or smiling (like it’s the most precious thing in the world), but to know that person laughing or smiling because of someone else instead of you. Its pain

His phone vibrating inside His pocket, Soohyun sent him messages.

“I’ve dismissed my class. I’m waiting in front of my school’s gate. You better hurry!”

Without replying, Chanhyuk put his phone back to his pocket and fixed his backpack. He checked the love-bird, but they’re no longer there. He started getting worried and quickened his paced to the gate. In case they are still around here, and he want to make sure that she’s okay with that guy. Why he have to worry much? Because from the first glance, he know that the guy is not a good guy.

But it’s a good thing, the love-bird still cuddling in front of the gate. Soon, a fancy black car stopped in front of them. The couple bid a goodbye, even the guy kiss her forehead romantically. After she’s gone, the guy checked his phone and calling someone. He’s a good guy for Haeun. Chanhyuk-ah, don’t think negative. She’ll be alright. You must worry your sister instead. With that thought he left his spot and fetch Soohyun.

But on the way, he met this guy again. Haeun’s boyfriend.  Walking hand in hand with another girl, even the girl gave him a peck on his lips. EW, my innocent eyes. He though and wiped his eyes away like he wiped his eyes when a dust went to his eyes.  The guy’s phone ringing, but he avoided it like it’s nothing.

“Who’s that babe? Why don’t you answer it?”   The girl asked with her oh-I’m-so-loveable tone. “Just a friend of mine, nothing serious and it’s not important anyway. Maybe he just asked me to lent another mangas again” The guy reasoned and chuckled. Why is that girl so easy to buy his lies? I knew it! He’s not a good guy for Haeun! I’ll take this as a proof and show this to Haeun.  With that Chanhyuk took out his phone and took a picture of them. 

The sky’s almost dark, and he finally spotted Soohyun in front of the school gate; sitting at the dirty ground. Noticing that her brother has arrived, she quickly stood up and brush of her skirt. The spectacles guy stopped in front of her while panting hard; searching for oxygen. She shoot glare to his brother from her small eyes.

 

“So—Sorry! I—I need to help—my lecture first”   he said while panting hard. He knows that his little sister won’t easily buy all of his lies.  Pitying her brother, instead of bombarding him with truth lies question; she kicked his brother’s sin hard and leave him there. The guy walk weakly following her sister step. “So, forgive me?”

But no answer, the girl kept walking without any sounds. Because they’re biological siblings, the brother instinct never fail; he knows something bad happen to her. He quickly turned his sister around to face him, but the girl low her head. Tears stain on her cheeks looks visible for him, being a good brother; he brings the poor girl to his warm embrace. Without thinking, the girl snake her hands around her brother and cry hard.

“I’m so sorry, Soohyun-ah. I’m such a bad brother for you; I shouldn’t have let you wait there alone. I’m so—“

“Oppa, Juhyuk—already dating someone else. I’m such a fool for not noticing it. I should’ve notice it awhile ago” she sobbing really hard. “Oppa, why does one sided love really hurt much?” he the crying girl lovingly, and then the latest event comes back to his memory.

‘Alone in a lost orbit, a boat left alone on the waves, less than me
Because I’m always alone
I won’t even put my hopes up high, will you even call my name?’

“I don’t know hyun. But it does really hurt. You’re not a fool, trust me. We ARE not a fool. We’re just too blind to notice that little thing” he pulled away from hug and bent down a bit to her eye level. “Now, stop crying Hyun-ah. You’re strong girl. There’s still a lot of guy around the world, you’re beautiful. Stop crying, wipes those tears away, and kicks me hard again. I won’t mind. Because seeing my princess cry is more painful than being kicked by you” the girl chuckled and wiped her tears. They continue walking home while holding hands.

All the way home it’s so awkward, no one speak. Until they got home and their parents worried about them. After both of them having dinner and having warm bath, they faced each other in front of their bedroom door.

“I know why you were late, because you spent your times to stalk that dream girl right?” with that she run to her bedroom and locked it, leaving chanhyuk stonned there.

The next day, Chanhyuk quickly spotted Haeun; it’s a good thing that he knows her hiding place (when she wants to be all by herself). He wanted to tell Haeun the truth about her boyfriend, but he was in dilemma. How would he approach her? He’s not even close to her. She doesn’t know his name. She never calls his name and never greets him. He was invisible in her eyes.

He’s just a stranger in her eyes; it’s not polite to intrude someone else’s business. When he decided to leave the place, he tripped and made a loud thud.

“Who’s that?!”  The girl comes nearer to his hiding spot. He knows it’s too late to run away, so he quickly stood up and fixed his outfit. “Oh it’s you. What are you doing here? I thought… no one knows this place except me”

“I’m—I’m so—sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb your peace. I—I’m just walked around here and FO—founding this beautiful abandoned place. If I disturb you, I’m so sorry. I’ll leave. Uumm—no—now” he awkwardly bowed to her. “No! Wait!” Chanhyuk turn his back to the girl, confused.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind if we’re sharing this place together. We’re friend right… umm… Chan…hyuk.sshi?” hearing the girl just called his name, he blushed. She chuckled and help him fixed his spectacles. “Now that’s better. This place is ours now. Anyway, I’m Haeun. If you still don’t know”. Chanhyuk smiled in respond.

The bell rang means the lunch time is over. Haeun bit a goodbye to chanhyuk; Chanhyuk let the girl leave first before him.  Since that day, they started their friendship secretly, not letting anyone knows.

A months passed, their friendship getting stronger. They always meet up every lunch at their hiding place. But, for today; they got unexpected visitor at their place. Haeun’s Boyfriend. No one of them invited him here, but he came here by himself. Chanhyuk just stay quiet, not wanting to set a fire; let the girl explain it by herself. Suddenly, that guy pulls his collar and spat on his face.

“How dare you to get close to MY girl?! Who do you think you are?! Do you think you’re handsome? You’re just a piece of , you know what?! I warn you, don’t touch MY girl! Understand?!” with that, the guy throws Chanhyuk to the ground and take his girl with him. Anger boils up inside him, he remembered every time he met Haeun’s boyfriend date with his girlfriend.

“I’m not a piece of , but you are!” he stands to his feet as his hands make a ball. The guy stopped and loosened the grip on his lover’s wrist. “What you mean huh? Wanna starts a fight?”

“No, I don’t mean to set a fire between us and make this condition getting worsted. But, Haeun... you have a right to know this” Chanhyuk point at that guy, Jongsu. “That guy is not a good guy like what you think he is. If you don’t believe me, I can prove it to you. I’m saying this because I don’t want you to get hurt! Haeun-ah… he’s a playe—“before he could finished his sentence, Jongsu give him a slight punch on his right cheek. Chanhyuk’s phone fall to the ground without him notice it. Haeun take the phone, and search for the prove; while the guy busy throws punches to Chanhyuk’s face.

“STOP!!! STOP ALL OF THIS! STOPP THIS NONSENSE. JONGSUK STOP!” Haeun’s yelled as her tears fall to the ground. “Baby, I’m not that kind of guy. Please, belie—“Haeun slapped the pretty boy’s face.

“WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE A BASTARD LIKE YOU?! Chanhyuk’s right, you’re just a piece of . We’re over, Jongsuk. OVER! Now, Leave!” she yelled to the guy “No… No… I’m sorry baby, please give me second chances. Baby, please I’m—“She slapped him again

“Don’t baby me! Now, Leave! I don’t want to see your face again” after that, the guy leave; lowered his head. She helped Chanhyuk to back to his feet again; when she’s about to leave him without words, Chanhyuk held her wrist.

“No, Chanhyuk. Let me go. I hate you too. Can you leave, or I’ll leave” she refused to face him. “No, Haeun I’m sorry. I should’ve told you, but I’m scared if I ruin our friendship. I’m so sorry, Haeun-ah” right now, she face him and stare him right in the eyes. Her eyes showing full of disappointment, anger, and sad.
“Why don’t you tell me earlier? So I couldn’t feel this hurt. We’re over too, Chanhyuk. Now, this place is all yours. I’ll be moving. I’m disappointed of you, Hyuk. Oh anyway, I’m giving back your phone, thanks for proving. “With last glance, she left him on the same spot. After she’s gone from his sight, he messed his hair and sighed; holding his anger.

‘You should know, Haeun. I like you, I really do like you. I messed up’

 “Don’t leave me far behind; Leave me right here like this
Just being with you all together, will make me feel secure…”