Can't Stay Away From You

I'm Here To Love You

Zelo hurried to catch up with Daehyun. He could see how the other boy was undeniably angry when he walked so fast with tight fists. When Zelo was finally able to walk beside him, already at a quite far distant from the hall, the older one stopped in a sudden.

“What the hell have you done?!” Daehyun snapped, causing Zelo to halt his steps and turn around. He was utterly surprised with Daehyun's outburst.

“What? He started it!” Zelo countered.

Daehyun narrowed his eyes as he glared at the younger before sighing heavily. “Listen, I know you felt pity for me 'cause I don't get Yongguk's love but I don't need your help. I really do like Yongguk hyung but I'm not trying to make him like me back,” He said frankly.

Zelo shifted his weight on one foot and crossed his arms against his chest. “And why is that? What if he wants to like you?”

Daehyun snorted. “That's nonsense. He has Youngjae.”

“That's right,” Zelo nodded in consent. “And that’s why I don’t want him to use you and cheat on Youngjae.”

Daehyun gasped when his favourite hyung was accused to be someone he’s not. “Yongguk hyung is my best friend since we’re still kids!” He snarled.

Zelo rolled his eyes before looking back at the shorter boy in disbelief. “But you're still hoping to have him. Why don't you just take him from Youngjae?”

Daehyun glowered at his roommate with clenched jaw. “No I won't. I'm not that desperate. Youngjae is my best friend too.”

“If you're really best friends, why do they hurt you like this? Yongguk didn't tell anything about Youngjae to you. Doesn't he care about your feelings?” Like something else was taking over his mind, Zelo impatiently threw his provoking questions at the other.

“And who the hell are you to talk like that about us?!” Daehyun yelled in return. He didn't know why but Zelo was extraordinarily irritating tonight.

That outrage had left Zelo loss for words. The angry look on Daehyun was scaring him more than the movie they saw just now. When the said boy had turned away and proceeded to jog to their dorm, he didn't make any effort to stop him.

If he thought back, Zelo wasn't sure the reason why he had acted that way previously. All he could think of was to prevent Yongguk's hands from touching Daehyun, get all of Daehyun's attention to him, make Daehyun stay as far as possible from Yongguk, so he could get Daehyun all to himself.

There were anger and disgust towards Yongguk, and some sort of affection towards Daehyun. And those feelings were very strange to him. He didn't know what was the cause, he didn't know what he was feeling anymore.

Zelo shook his head, giving up on finding the answer tonight. He would let it pass and wait till tomorrow. He dragged his feet to the dorm, pondering on how he could face Daehyun again. The door was slowly pushed open and Zelo peeked inside. Thankfully, his roommate was already covered totally in blankets on his bed with the lights off. He felt guilty for asking Daehyun to hang out with him tonight but end up ruining it. He promised to himself to say sorry the next day.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

The day after, Zelo woke up earlier than everybody in the dorm would, just because he didn't want to bump into Daehyun. It would be awkward. Plus, he didn't know how to act in front of the older boy before he could figure out his puzzled thoughts about him.

Nobody was in the classroom when he got there. So maybe taking a short nap would be nice before the others came. Zelo went to his seat and his head slumped onto the table, on top of his folded arms.

Almost an hour later, the rustling sounds and muffled voices were getting louder. Zelo squirmed before sitting up with a long yawn. After rubbing his face a couple of times, his eyes blinked rapidly as he took a look around. It turned out that Jongup was already there, sitting next to him at his desk with a confused expression. He nodded his head towards him as a greeting.

Jongup frowned. “What’s with the dark aura?”

Zelo shoot him a glare, making him held up both of his hands. “Okay, my bad. You’re not possibly mad at me, aren’t you?”

Zelo groaned. “No, not you.”

“So you are mad at someone else,” Jongup assumed.

“Of course I am. I was so having fun with Daehyun last – ”

“Daehyun hyung,” Jongup cut in.

Zelo rolled his eyes. “Daehyun hyung,” He corrected. “Last night, but a ing idiot decided to destroy our moments together.”

“What are you talking about?” Jongup asked with knitted eyebrows.

“It’s the one and only president of the student council. I don’t know where he came from. He just appeared beside Daehyun just – ”

“Daehyun hyung.”

“– like that! And then he started to be all friendly towards my roommate. His hands were all over Daehyun’s small body and his face was urgh! I just want to rip it apart!” The table was smacked with a strong fist.

Jongup’s mind was loading for a second while Zelo was trying to even out his breathing. When Jongup tugged his lips into a smirk, Zelo raised a brow at him.

“Are you possibly... Jealous?” Jongup asked teasingly.

Zelo’s eyes widened as he gaped at the latter. “What?! Jealous??” He said like it was the most ridiculous thing ever. Shaking his head, he whipped his face away from Jongup, which he unfortunately didn’t notice it turning red.

Jongup who could clearly see that, grinned from ear to ear. He scooted closer to the other. “Zelo...? Do you like Daehyun hyung?”

Zelo snapped his head to Jongup. The blush on his face was growing into a deeper shade. “What? Why would you say that?”

“’Cause I think you do,” Jongup stated firmly with a wide smile, causing Zelo to get all flustered.

“W-Well, maybe I do like Daehyun, but – ”

“Daehyun hyung.”

“Alright, Daehyun hyung, okay, but…it's not in that way…?” Zelo said timidly, shrugging his shoulders in hesitation.

Jongup sat up and leaned back into his chair, arms crossed against his chest. “You don't have much experience in love, aren’t you?”

Zelo wanted to deny but no words were coming out from his mouth. Still having the flushed face, he averted his gaze to somewhere else while scratching the back of his head.

Jongup snickered. “Thought so.”

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

Daehyun groggily turned off his phone alarm. He stretched up his body under the covers, blinking his eyes a couple of times to be fully awake. With his hazy mind, he tried to remember how he went to sleep last night. When he recalled about the fight he had with Zelo, his lips curved downwards. He hated to have a fight with his friend. Just seeing their face would annoy him to death and it would affect his mood throughout the day.

Cautiously, he pulled the covers down in a slight movement to peek over Zelo’s bed. It was all tidied up. So he listened carefully if Zelo was somewhere in the room or the toilet but he heard nothing.

Only then he dared to get out of the covers. Sitting up on the bed, Daehyun looked around and Zelo had indeed gone to the school earlier than him. He knew his roommate wouldn’t want to see him too.

Daehyun quickly hopped into the shower with a light heart. As the warm water began to run down his body, he wondered about last night, about what Zelo said to him. Did Yongguk and Youngjae didn’t really care about him or his feelings? Maybe it’s true since they never asked if he ever liked someone. Not that he would tell the crush he got on Yongguk but still. He did ask them about it. Yongguk ignored him while Youngjae said no. Now that he knew the truth, it really did hurt. His best friends must not care about him enough to be telling him about their feelings towards each other, making him felt like an outsider.

Daehyun sighed. He continued washing his body with the flowery scented soap. If his best friends didn’t even care about him, why would Zelo do? It’s only a month since they met each other and yet, Zelo was trying so hard to keep him away from Yongguk. He remembered the way Zelo embraced him last night. He couldn’t help but to compare him with Yongguk. Even though Yongguk was the person he liked, he had to admit he preferred to be wrapped in Zelo’s arms more. He didn’t know why but Yongguk’s touch was more to possessiveness, whereas Zelo’s gave some sort of protectiveness.

Daehyun blushed at his own thought. He shook his head and hurried up with the shower. Once he had done, he stepped out of the bathroom with towels hung around his waist and neck. He was looking at the clock on the table to check on the current time when he spotted a small carton of milk in the middle. His brows furrowed in confusion as he went to grabbed the milk. There was a yellow sticky note on it saying a brief ‘I’m sorry’.

He immediately had an idea of whom it might come from. Definitely not Yongguk since the elder knew he would rather have a chocolate drink than milk. It must come from Zelo and he unconsciously smiled. It’s cute, he thought. The boy really had his way to cheer him up. Or maybe he was not really mad at Zelo in the first place.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

After hours of wandering around the school, from the garden to the lake, from the library to the gym, Zelo finally decided to go back to his dorm. It’s not like Daehyun had fallen asleep since the time was only 10 p.m. but Zelo missed his bed and needed a shower.

Slowly twisting the doorknob, Zelo found that it was not locked. He could see the room was fully lit from the gap under the door. Maybe Daehyun was studying while listening to the music using his headphones. So he would open the door and got inside without making any noise.

Zelo quietly stepped in and turned around to close the door. He didn’t even lift his head to look around, afraid if his assumptions were wrong. Well, they really were when Daehyun’s voice greeted his ears.

“Where have you been?”

Zelo cringed before trudging around Daehyun’s bed towards his, still not showing his face to his roommate who he could see from the corner of his eyes, sitting at the study desk.

“The gym,” He replied nonchalantly.

“Really?” Daehyun sounded dubious. “Why weren't you joining our lunch and dinner? Was it because of Yongguk hyung?” He asked even though he already knew the answer. “He didn't show up either.”

Not my problem. I don’t even care about that guy, Zelo thought as he took off his clothes, leaving him only in a tank top and boxers. “It’s not him. I...hold no grudge against him,” He lied.

“So it's because of me. That’s why you’re avoiding me all day.”

Zelo was frozen for a second while pulling his towel from the rail. He sighed before turning to the other. “I didn’t avoid you,” He lied again, locking his eyes with Daehyun’s. He noticed that the older boy had put his new glasses on. It was round and large like the previous one but the frame was thicker, making him looked less nerdy and more trendy. And of course, he’s still as cute as ever.

“Then why?” Daehyun pressed, having a fixed expression in his face. His right elbow was resting on his desk as he faced Zelo while his fingers were twirling a pencil. The other boy liked that skill of his.

Zelo blew up a puff of air, causing his bangs to flail. Of course he was never going to tell Daehyun he’s jealous with Yongguk but he had nothing else to cover that. “Can we talk about this later? I need to shower,” He raised his brows at the other, thumb pointing to the bathroom.

The pencil stilled in Daehyun’s hand. He bit his lips to arrange his next words in his mind. When he took a while to do that, Zelo had turned his back to him, heading to the shower.

“I forgive you,” Daehyun blurted out. Zelo stopped moving before turning around to give a surprised look at his roommate.

“But don’t do it again after this,” Daehyun added, pursing his lips. The air suddenly felt awkward that his eyes began to wander somewhere else, avoiding the stare from the younger. “And don’t come back late… And don’t forget to have every meal with me... And don’t go to school before me…” He nodded his head to no one and spun his chair back to the desk.

Zelo who was dumbfounded by Daehyun’s previous act blinked his eyes when the older boy finally ended their conversation. He unconsciously returned the nod although Daehyun couldn't see it. “Okay...” He looked at the back of Daehyun’s head with a thin smile. “Thanks,” His voice was low but he was sure Daehyun could hear it. He went straight to the bathroom after that, thinking on what’s actually going on between them.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 


I’m sorry for taking a really really really long time to update this story. It has been more than five months omg. This story could already be finished during that period of time ‘cause I don’t plan to make it longer than ten chapters in the first place. But we shall see about that.

I know this chapter is short and not worth for a five-month wait. So I’ll try to write the next chapter a.s.a.p!

I'm sorry for grammar mistakes or errors. I write this on my phone everywhere I'm at ^^'

Thank you to all upvoters, subscribers, readers, and commentors! Saranghae~