Charming Guy

I'm Here To Love You

 

                Zelo was dragging his movement as much as he could while getting ready for school. His room was awkwardly quiet this morning as a result from his random confession last night. He noticed how his roommate was acting undisturbed about it but the older boy always got caught avoiding his eyes.

                “Are you going to breakfast?” Daehyun asked, sounding more stiff than usual.

                “Yeah. You go first. I’ll be there in a bit,” Zelo replied quickly, almost twisted his tongue in the process.

                “Okay…” Daehyun finished packing up his bag before leaving the room.

                Zelo blew out a puff of air right after that. He knew Daehyun was only asking him because that’s what they usually did everyday; going to breakfast together. But he intentionally woke up later today and took his time showering in the bathroom. When he was just about to find his uniform to wear, Daehyun was already completely dressed up.

                Both of them realized that it would take some time for them to be at ease with each other again. So Zelo thought it was better to go to the cafeteria separately. But then, it would be best if he didn’t show up at all.

                Zelo nodded, agreeing to himself. He finished putting on his clothes and zipping up his bag before picking his cellphone from the bed. He decided to text Daehyun that he wouldn’t be able to have breakfast with a fake reason in which he forgot about his homework and he needed to do it now.

                Then he just waited in his room until there was only ten minutes before the school started. He went straight to his class, almost running because he didn’t want to be too late to burst out his confused feelings at a certain someone.

                He opened the door of his classroom and thanked god when the teacher was not there yet. Almost everyone from the class was already there, talking noisily among each other and he spotted Jongup sitting at his desk. The boy looked up when he heard the door opened, or typically, everyone did.

                “Zelo!” Jongup exclaimed as his friend rushed towards him. Everyone else went back to do their own things. “Where were you? Daehyun hyung was waitin-”

                “!” Zelo cut the other off, rounding their desks to plop down in his seat. “I confess to him! !”

                Jongup’s eyes widened with great surprise. “F or real?! What did he say??”

                “Nothing! He didn’t say anything!” Zelo ranted while taking off his backpack before placing it on the table. “It’s so awkward between us I don’t think I can handle it,” He tousled his already messy hair in distress. “Isn’t it better if he just says no if he doesn’t like me?” He raised his brow quizzically at the latter.

                Jongup quickly shook his head. “No, Zelo. That’s very good for you. That means you stand a chance of Daehyun hyung liking you back,” He hardly slapped the boy’s back when he couldn’t contain his excitement.

                Zelo didn’t even care about the painful feeling he got when he was too curious of Jongup’s words. “What? Really?”

                Jongup nodded his head vigorously. “If he’s really interested in you, he’ll use this time to observe you. He needs to see if you’re really the one for him. In that case, you have to show him all of your charms,” He smirked, his eyebrows wiggling comically.

                Zelo absorbed evey single words coming out from Jongup’s mouth. He leaned back against his chair, running his hand over his invisible beard as he thought deeply his ever so experienced friend’s advice.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                After the school ended, Zelo straightaway went to the library since Daehyun had promised with him to meet here for their study session. After giving it a thought, he had made out his mind. He would do anything to prove his love towards his older roommate. But first, let him take a selfie.

                Zelo took a picture of himself smiling cutely with the background of the library. He messaged it to Daehyun without any hesitation along the caption; ‘I’m here, waiting for you’. It was good that he immediately sent it because he found himself cringing at his own act after that.

                He didn’t do it without purpose. He did all of those embarrassing things since he had to show his charm to Daehyun. And the most important charm anyone would spare a look at is a handsome face. Well, he admitted he was not that handsome, but he was not ugly either. So he just hoped that selca could somehow melt the receiver’s heart, or at least gave him some blush on his cute cheeks.

                A while later the awaited person arrived at the table. Zelo just stared at Daehyun who was settling his books across him. He wondered if Daehyun had read his message because the older boy didn’t show any abnormal expression on his face. He didn’t even get reply from him.

                “Sorry, I’m late,” Daehyun apologized as he took a seat in front of the other. “Shall we start now?”

                “Yeah,” Zelo had to lean forward when he needed to be taught by Daehyun and he found it really inconvenient. But Daehyun was the one who chose to sit there compared to previous times when they would casually sit beside each other.

                “Hmm…” Daehyun frowned when he was thinking about the question Zelo had asked him. “I forgot how to do this one. I’ll go find a reference book for it,” He said before standing up to go to the shelves.

                Zelo huffed in discontent.  Things were not going the way he wanted. Daehyun didn’t show any sign that he was giving attention to the person who had a crush on him. Zelo thought he really needed to make Daehyun attracted to him or his love would never be returned.

                He waited and waited but Daehyun didn’t come back to their spot. He was sure it wouldn’t take that long to find a book on the neatly arranged shelves. So he decided to go find the older boy, passing from one shelf to another until he saw the one he was looking for.

                No wonder Daehyun was delayed. He was struggling to get a book from the top shelf. He stood on his toes as much as he could and stretched him arm with all his might but only a fingertip touched the desired book.

                Zelo chuckled. If only the boy would ask for his help, he wouldn’t be in such trouble. He smirked, coolly approaching Daehyun before picking out the book with ease.

                Daehyun’s eyes widened at the sudden appearance of the latter. He stood back on his heels and took the book which Zelo was handing to him. With their close proximity, the younger boy was really towering him that he must tilt his head up to look at the other’s face. Zelo was smiling down at him and he felt so small under his deep gaze.

                “Th-Thank you…” He muttered shyly before rushing back to their study place.

                Zelo laughed in triumph after Daehyun left the aisle. He could clearly saw Daehyun’s pink dusted cheeks. That meant he had managed to show his charm to his crush; his tall charm. It was a good start. He should keep his efforts up.

                When he returned to the table, Daehyun was already sitting on his seat. Zelo narrowed his eyes, considering about this plan he had come up with just now. Then he nodded himself in ultimate determination before marching to the seat next to Daehyun. He pulled the chair and sat down on it like it had always been a seat meant for him.

                Daehyun diverted his eyes from the reference book to the boy who had just claimed the spot next to him. He wondered if Zelo did that on purpose or he actually forgot that they were sitting across each other previously. If it was going to be like this, his effort to stay away from the younger would be in vain. But it’s not because he hated him. It was just that he would be really conscious of Zelo’s every move and he would either get uncomfortable or embarrassed by it.

                After referring to the book, Daehyun began to teach Zelo how to solve the problem. Zelo sat close to his tutor when he talked to him, causing the latter to stutter a few words. When Daehyun looked up, Zelo gazed straight into the eyes, making the older quick to anxiously look away. When Daehyun asked him something, he would reply using the softest deep tone he could utter, resulting in Daehyun with red ears.

                Zelo subtly pulled a sly smile. He wasn’t trying to seduce his roommate. He was just radiating his charming auras to him. But he did listen carefully to his tutor before trying to do the questions on his own. Lucky him, he did all of them correctly and he got to show his good attitude charm at the same time.

                They spent hours studying at the library until dinner time. They straight off went to the cafeteria after that with just the two of them, not really caring about their other friends. Those four could have dinner just fine without the two of them. Daehyun and Zelo didn’t see them at the cafeteria anyway.

                The dinner was fun. Zelo noticed that Daehyun was less awkward than before. The older boy started talking more and he was almost like his usual self when they were together. Zelo was glad that Daehyun didn’t directly dislike him after the confession. Jongup was right. He might stand a chance with his crush.

                They went back to their dorm at night. Zelo dashed to the door to unlock and open it for his roommate. Daehyun rolled his eyes at the latter’s funny act when in fact, Zelo was trying to show his gentleman charm. But Zelo liked the way Daehyun laughed at him. It’s cute.

                And then they had to take a shower after spending the whole day at school. Of course Daehyun was the first one to get into the bathroom since he was older. So when Daehyun got out of the shower, Zelo purposely took off his shirt right before his roommate, thinking that it was a good time to show the charm of his glorious body.

                Daehyun’s eyes bulged at the refined six packed abs displayed right in front of him. He blinked rapidly, gulping down his excessive saliva to prevent it from drooling out of his mouth. He shook his head vigorously before hastily walked away from the bathroom door to his wardrobe.

                Zelo stifled his amused laugh. It was adorable how Daehyun tried hard to deny when he obviously looked so enticed by the body. Zelo bobbed his head up and down, completely satisfied with his achievement today.

 

 

 

                The same things were repeated over and over again for a few days. Zelo was getting bolder as the time passed but at the same time, Daehyun wasn’t really trying to avoid him anymore. Instead, his roommate acted more intimate that they ever did before. He would find a way to sit close to him whether during their study session or when they were having their meals together. And when he obviously flirted with Daehyun, the older boy just laughed it off despite the flustered look on his face.

                Zelo enjoyed that. And Daehyun seemed to enjoy it too.

                Everything was under control for Zelo until one night. They were studying together on the bed; Daehyun’s bed, lying prone beside each other. Daehyun had never been so sleepy no matter how late they went into studying but that night, it could be because of the tons of student council’s works that he fell asleep while waiting for his younger roommate to finish the exercises he gave.

                When Zelo turned to Daehyun to hand his completed worksheet, he was surprised to see his roommate sleeping soundly using his folded hands as the pillow. His lips curled up at the adorable sight. His work was forgotten as he unconsciously stared at the beautiful sleeping face. How he really wished that Daehyun had returned his feelings by now because he couldn’t wait to claim everything about the older boy as his.

                It was a long time since he had kissed those plump lips. His heart was throwing rainbows when he recalled about the tingling sensation of Daehyun’s lips on his. His hand unknowingly reached out to take off the other boy’s glasses. Then like something had burst inside of him, he leaned in and pressed his lips against Daehyun’s.

                The light kiss lasted longer than he intended to. He slowly pulled apart before opening his eyes again. But somehow, his heart clenched in pain when he saw the expressionless Daehyun when he had always dreamt of how Daehyun would smile shyly after he kissed him with flushed face and twinkling eyes.

                Zelo sighed. He shook his head out of his own reverie. He gathered his things after that before continuing to study alone at his desk.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                “I have tests tomorrow,” Zelo uttered during the dinner time with his roommate. It was just the two of them again this time and he liked it like that.

                “What test?” Daehyun asked.

                “English… Physics, and… Maths,” Zelo stated, his fingers counting each of the subjects.

                “Wow, that’s hard,” Daehyun’s face scrunched up in dismay though he quickly pulled a bright smile to the latter. “But I believe in you!” He cheered.

                Zelo chuckled and as always, his slick mind was fast to produce a brilliant idea. He bit his lips before leaning forward to get closer to the other. “Say…,” He began and Daehyun raised his brows curiously at what he was going to utter.

                “Maybe you should give me a reward if I score in all of them,” Zelo suggested.

                “A reward? Sure,” Daehyun nodded. “I’ll reward you with anything you want.”

                Zelo shoved a spoonful of mushroom soup into his mouth. When he pulled the spoon out, he deliberately all over it, wiping the spoon clean with his tongue. “I want a kiss,” He smirked, daringly stating his wish.

                “Oh… okay,” Daehyun was obviously stunned by that. The way Zelo was playing with the spoon using his mouth was already giving his goosebumps. But he tried to play it cool. It’s just a kiss, right? It could be anywhere other than the common place.

                “On the lips,” Zelo added.

                Daehyun almost choked on air. Zelo said that as if he could read people’s mind. “Oh…” Daehyun cleared his throat to get his composure back. He then looked up at Zelo with a challenging but perturbed expression. “Let’s just see if you score or not.”

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                Almost a week later, all of the tests results were out. Daehyun didn’t know about it until Zelo tossed his marked test sheets before him. They were currently at the school garden for their usual tutorial session but Zelo didn’t waste any second as soon as he reached there to show the proof that he had scored all of the three tests.

                Daehyun snatched those papers for a better look. His eyes wide as he observed the little red marks and the score on top of the sheet; 92, 85 and 90 percent. This boy really gave all out in the tests. It’s not like he wasn’t proud of his student but he had taken very lightly about the boy’s wish and his capability to make it happen. And now he was shaken by the thought of having to give Zelo his reward.

                “I’m claiming my kiss,” Zelo said smugly, taking the best seat to do it which was next to the other.

                Daehyun shut his eyes, his tight grip were crumpling the papers he was holding. “Fine,” He replied with a shaky breath.

                Zelo had never been this amused before. He eagerly sat there, full of anticipation for his reward. Daehyun slowly put the papers down and turned to the younger boy. His gaze was strong but there was still a hint of agitation in it. Zelo had his legs at either sides of the wooden bench so that he could properly face the older boy, crouching down a bit with both of his palms in between his thighs to make it easier for the smaller one.

                Daehyun heaved a deep breath, mustering all he courage he had to finally grant Zelo’s wish. He puckered his lips first, before inching closer and closer to the other pair of lips. Zelo tried so hard biting back his laugh because Daehyun was just too adorable to not be kissed right there and then.

                On the other hand, this thing was harder than he expected. Daehyun initially thought it would be all over in a blink of an eye if his lips had touched the latter’s but now he couldn’t seem to move any closer when there was just a thin air separating their lips. He was frozen like that for quite a while until he realized it was getting more and more awkward.

                Daehyun leaned away, huffing in irritation because he didn’t have the guts to kiss Zelo even when they had done it a number of times before. “You do it!” He sulkily crossed his arms against his chest.

                Zelo shrugged his shoulders. It was not a problem for him since he was the one who would always initiate their kiss before. He began to lean forward, closer and closer until Daehyun had to close his eyes. The older of the two was stiffened in his spot as he waited for the kiss to come.

                “Are you sure about this?” Zelo suddenly asked.

                Daehyun immediately nodded, afraid that he would change his mind and be a coward who didn’t fulfill his promises if he spared a second thought about it.

                Zelo smirked while gazing at those luscious lips right under his nose. “You haven’t thought that I was possibly just kidding?”

                Daehyun’s eyes snapped open. He looked so angry right now he could beat the boy to death. He furiously pointed a finger to Zelo. “You-”

                Before Daehyun could say anything, Zelo smacked their lips together. Their soft flesh molded perfectly with each other and it still gave the same fluttering feeling like any other kisses they had before. Daehyun was taken aback for a moment but then he just let his lips to be devoured by his roommate.

                Zelo pulled apart nearly a minute later. “Ah… I enjoyed it. Thanks a lot, hyung.”

                Daehyun thought he could die from overheat. He was sure his face was as red as his slightly swollen lips right now and the way Zelo was smiling sweetly at him could set a high sugar level in his blood. God, save him.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                It should be a peaceful night for Daehyun after all the chaotic evening he had with his roommate. But it was just for a moment. He was casually sitting on his bed after taking a shower, drinking from his large water bottle to quench his thirst. That’s when Zelo who had just got out of the bathroom suddenly shouted.

                “Eight legged!!!”

                Daehyun took some time to register it until a certain freaky insect crossed his mind. He spurted the water in his mouth and screamed a little less like a boy. His body shook violently, unconsciously throwing the water bottle behind him as he only thought of running away from there.

                Zelo on the contrary was chasing the spider all over the room. One hand was holding up his slipper and one hand was holding to the towel wrapped around his waist. The spider was already a mishap so there would be even more trouble if the towel slipped from its place.

                “Killed it!” Zelo exclaimed after he whacked the spider using his slipper.

                He immediately discarded the dead body into the trash can outside of the room. But when he got back inside, he was surprised to see his drenched roommate in the corner of the room next to his bed. He always knew Daehyun was afraid of spiders but he didn’t expect the fright to reach this limit.

                “What happened to you, hyung? You look like you’ve been hit by a hurricane,” He mocked.

                Daehyun glared at Zelo. He steadily stood up before going back to his bed. His lips formed a pout when he found all the water from his large bottle was absorbed by it. “I don’t think I can sleep here tonight,” He patted his wet bed in disappointment. “I should go share a bed with Youngjae.”

                Zelo went to stand in front of his roommate on the other side of the bed with his hands on his hips. “Why him when you have me?”

                Daehyun was totally flustered at that question. He looked up to the serious looking boy. “Bu-But you’re taller…and bigger… so it would be uncomfortable...?”

                “We had slept together at the hotel during the student council’s trip. And the spot was a lot smaller than the bed in here,” He stated nonchalantly with a shrug of his shoulders.

                Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Fine…” He chewed his lips for a moment, thinking if he should ask Zelo properly about it. “Would you let me sleep with you tonight?” He finally voiced out his thought.

                Zelo shuddered at Daehyun’s odd suggestive tone. Or maybe he’s the only one having that thought. But his older roommate was looking very tempting with the water dripping from his soaked hair to his beautiful face and the damp shirt that was stuck to his gorgeous body. Daehyun was absolutely getting a revenge on him right now.

                Zelo gulped. “O-Of course.”

 

 

 

                Therefore, both of them were squeezed in one bed that night. Daehyun was lucky his pillow was not wet too or he also had to share it with his roommate. He was lying on his back with his eyes closed, ignoring Zelo’s stare on him.

                “You know, if I would always be rewarded like that, I might get perfect scores next time,” Zelo muttered, referring to the pleasurable kiss he received earlier.

                “You shouldn’t be teasing me so much. I’m your hyung,” Daehyun returned.

                “It is because you’re my favourite hyung,” Zelo emphasized before seriously asking. “Why? You don’t like it?”

                Daehyun sighed. “It’s not that…”

                “Then what?” Zelo moved closer, his chest touching the older boy's arm.

                Daehyun clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Whatever,” He turned to lie on his side, his back facing the other. “Just go to sleep already.”

                Zelo was quiet after that. Daehyun wasn’t sure if the boy had fallen asleep or he was still waiting for a proper answer from him. But later, he heard a shuffling of the bed sheets along with the night greeting.

                “Goodnight, Daehyun hyung.”

                Daehyun didn’t know which was the truth anymore. He told Zelo to stop teasing him but he didn’t know why. If it was not that he didn’t like it, then did he like it? He knew it was cruel when he kept leading the boy on if he didn't like him. However, every time Zelo , he surely got annoyed but at the same time, his heart fluttered almost pleasingly. And as the time passed, he found himself wanting more of those overwhelming feelings only Zelo could provide.

                Maybe he had long fallen for the boy after all.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 


 

A/N :

Only a few chapters left. I don't know what to feel about that :/

Anyway, thank you to upvoters, subscribers, readers and the lovely comments! I love you ♥♥♥