Symptoms ;D

Smiling Doesn't Cure Misery

You wake up a few hours later and look around the room, it's pitch black. 

The light's blinding when you find the lamp switch. You sit up and place your hand on your head, still hurts. 

You pull the covers off of you and stand up, holding on to something and waiting for the blood to rush to your head. When it does, you almost pass out. 

After regaining your senses you walk over to the window. You're on a high floor. At least the city lights are pretty. You wonder what Tae Hyung's doing right now. Sleeping? Probably. It's three in the morning. 

Your computer's lying on your nightstand. Tae Hyung brought it over last time he stopped by. He thought that you'd like to be updated on some of the things doing on in school and at the warehouse. He said that he would email you if anything popped up.

Did something pop up?

You snatch your laptop and crawl back into bed. The screen pops up and you type in your password, anxious to see if Tae Hyung found anything. 

You quickly go to your email and search for anything.

Nothing.

Just coupons for pizza places. Aish!

You look in your junk mail just in case but there isn't anything. 

Remember Je Seok, you're suppose to be resting. Not investigating.

You shake your head and go on your school website, your teachers always post homework on there just incase someone looses theirs or something. You can work on that for now.

Of course the homeworks pretty easy, it was mostly just math. So you get it done quickly. Which is a first, you usually have to sit around and think of the problems a lot. That must've been part of you sleep deprivation. You didn't even realize how tired you were. To be honest, you thought that you'd be just fine if you could just wait it out. But everyone saw how that worked out.

If only Mom were here. She'd be able to take care of you, she would totally be able to help you out on this case. You miss her so much. You could've prevented the accident, you know you could have. If it weren't for your clueless mind.

You've never been back to that area. You refuse to. One time you tried, just to get the memories back on track; but the weight of the guilt pulled you away. Never again.

Now you're laying in a hospital bed, due to sleep deprivation. Great. Mother would be so proud.

She'd be even more disappointed in Dad. He's a coward. He doesn't understand the burden he casted over you and your siblings. They need a place to grow up in, not a small house with barely any food. You father had a job, it was a well paying job too. He has children that love and care for him. Why on earth would he turn that away? He didn't just put up with us because of Mom, right? Right?

He could've have. Dad made every one of us. He took you to Judo practice more than enough times, he shopped for baby clothes. He wouldn't just walk out on you like that.

Could he?

 

Tae Hyung comes to see you for the day. Its a Saturday, so you can keep him for as long as you want.

"Thought you might like something to read," he hands you a couple books.

"These are mine. Were you in my house?" This pabo.

"Yeah, when I said people wold be watching the minions, I was included."

"I thought you said someone would be watching them," you grab the books from his hands and place them on the night stand.

"Not at all times, we'd leave them for an hour or so then switch shifts. Don't worry. We've got this all covered."

"You didn't give Sarah any peanut products, did you? She's freakishly allergic to it."

Tae Hyung hesitates for a second, "So I wasn't suppose to give her a Snicker's bar?"

"YOU GAVE HER A SNICKER'S BAR!" Is he stupid or clueless? Both, probably.

He chuckles and places his hand on your shoulder, "Calm down, she's fine. I didn't give her anything. She big enough to know what not to eat. She told me when I said I'd make PB&J. I had to pay 5,000 won to get a darn can bottle of peanut butter from the store. That's 5,000 won gone to waste."

"Thank God."

Tae Hyung ruffles your hair. You pout and fix it, but you ease up on your tension. 

The nurse walks in and smiles politely, "ready for your CT scan?"

"CT scan?" You turn to Tae Hyung, "you never said anything about this."

"I didn't?" He his head to the side and inhales quickly, " I thought I did."

"Oh well, let's get this over with." You stand up and walk out with the nurse and smile at Tae Hyung. He winks at you.

"I need to leave, it's my turn to watch the kids. See you later," Tae Hyung presses his lips on the top of your head and slides pass the nurse, bowing his head slightly.

"Follow me," the nurses voice is soft. She was probably in her late forties, "do you know what a CT scan is?"

"I've heard of it, its used for things in the head, injuries, things like that."

"Nice, that's about it. We're going to scan your head and see if there's anything wrong with it. I'm sure there isn't, you seem perfectly fine." She takes a right turn and you quickly react to the change in directions and keep up with her, "you'll have to lay very still, it will take a little bit, okay?"

"Sure. How soon will the results be finished?"

"Not long. An hour or so. The doctors will have to analyze it and things like that and take care of other patients."

"Aigoo!"

The nurse giggles a little bit, still walking a steady pace, "you remind me of my mother, she would always sigh like you when she'd have to clean after us my siblings and I. Though I never mean't to make her so frustrated all the time," she chuckles again, "but she's long gone, from old age."

"I know how you feel," finally, someone who understands what it's like to lose someone close, "my mother passed away a few years ago."

"I'm so sorry," she places her hand on your back,  "it's always hard to go through something like that."

You look down at the floor awkwardly, you don't even know why you feel to touched by her. Not just literally, but emotionally.

 

You're walked back to your room and wait for a little after the scan finished.  The docs are checking out your CT scans right now. It took several hours, but the nurse and doctor finally walk into your room and look at you concerned.

"What? What is it?" You ask nervously.

"Miss," the doctor starts, "you have post traumatic stress disorder. We saw it in your bran chart."

You inhale sharply, "I have what?"

"P.T.S.D. You've heard of it, I'm sure," the doctor claims.

"Yeah, but. . . How is this possible? I feel fine."

"Have you had a loved one pass away? Refuse to go back to certain areas or places because of it?" The doctor asks.

"Oh my god," you breath, "my mother."

"That's what probably triggered it." He confirms.

Your mother triggered the PTSD. Great, another thing to worry about. You'll have to take pills and go to group therapy, hell no!

"So are you going to give me any drugs to take?" You ask simply.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll prescribe you with some stuff. Just be patient with us, please." The nurse assures.

"I'll try to be, but I have to work. The things I've been working on has been pushed back stupendously. I need to get back to it."

"You look really young to be working," the doctor notices.

"I'm old enough, Sir. Don't worry about it, just please get my medicine prescribed quickly."

"Will do," he says and smiles. He strolls out of the room while writing things on his click board.

How on earth are you going to fit this into your schedule? It was perfect before, now this stupid disorder has to get in the way. It better be cured quickly. You hate having to push back things that are important to you.

Just please don't let this interfere with finding Mom's killer.