Barefoot Clan ;D

Smiling Doesn't Cure Misery

               You wake up the next morning, hoping your second day of school will be a whole lot better than your first. Ha, of course it won't. After that scene you made in front of everyone, who know's what they'll be saying about you. And Tae Hyun, what will he think about you? He did help you yesterday, but that was yesterday. What will be be like today? Will he act like your friend, or will he act like he doesn't even know you in front of his friends. Even after he got into an argument with Jong Woo, you're scared to what is in store for you today.

               You pull into the parking lot and hop out of your car, as you walk in, it's the same as yesterday. People talking, laughing, not wearing their uniforms. Blah, blah blah. You walk up to your homeroom and see Tae Hyung and his group of friends sitting on their desks laughing with each other. They hush one another as they see you walk into the room, and when you do. You feel a slight pull at your feet, you look down to see a wire. You trip and fall, but instead of falling on your face, your roll out and hop right back up. They look at you in awe. Haha, nice try Tae Hyung, not going to prank me that easily.

              You walk over to your seat and stick your tongue out at him. He does it back, you hold back a grin. Dork.

"Aish, I could've sworn we would get her," the one with the deep voice said.

"All in good time, Nam Joon, all in good time," Tae Hyun says, still looking at you. He smirks then looks away, continuing his chats with his friends. So Nam Joon was that guys name. That doesn't really seem bad-boy-ish at all.

"What should we do then? She didn't fall and land on her face like we were suppose to, what next?" The one with the cute mouth blurts out. 

"Yeah, if we can't prank her, what will become of our reputation?" Another one with a pretty face says, looking in a mirror.

"Guys, I have an idea!" You glance over, looking at the one that looks like he's about twelve, what is he thinking? He motions them in for a group huddle and whispers things you can't seem to understand. If they're going to challenge you, then a challenge you'll get. You're not going to sit around and mess with you. Not today. So you'll what they have in store for you, and you'll bring your A game with you everywhere you go.

               The bell rings and everyone piles into class, the teacher walks in. Mom, she looks so much like her. You hold back tears and a sob. You just focus on what she's saying. That was how you got through the hours until lunch came around. You packed yours so you wouldn't have to wait in line, you walk outside and spot a bench in the back of the school. You sit in it and pull out your box of rice and a pair of chopsticks. Sadly, this was all you had at the house, so you just packed a giant box of rice and gave your siblings your money for them to buy their lunches. And besides, you like rice. It's not bad for you.

               You pull out your water bottle and take a sip, you here some leaves break and you turn that direction to see Tae Hyun walk over to you with a tray of food.

"What's up, Je Seok?"

"I should be asking you that, you seem to have something else planned for me, are you going to tell me what it is?"

"Sorry, no can do. I swore to them I wouldn't tell, and they already know about what happened with us yesterday."

"Did you tell them?" You ask.

"No, it turns out that my friend, Ho Seok, the one that looks like Mir from MBlaq, well anyway, he followed us to the gym on his bike, crazy right? He watched us punch, so now he think's I've gone all soft and don't want to prank you now. Which is totally stupid, I mean, I'll prank anyone, especially you. Considering you dodged our last stunt."

"Okay, that is REALLY creepy, why was he following us?"

"When he saw me go after you like that in during class, he thought something was up. And no, I won't give you any hints on what we're doing."

"Seriously? Come on, please?" You give the look you use to give your mom when you wanted something.

"Oh my gawd! Stop it, it's too much to handle!" He shields his eyes, but keeps peeking in between the cracks of his fingers.

"Please?"

"But- I- just-. .  Okay. Okay! I'll tell you, just stop it with the face! It's too much!"

"Yay!" you take a sip of water.

"But you can't tell anyone I said this, and I'm only giving you a hint. I can't give away too much. It involves water and flour. I can't say anymore. And bring extra clothes just incase you just so happen to NOT dodge this one."

"Aish! You're friends are weird."

"You have no idea," he looks at your box of rice, "is that seriously all ou brought to eat?"

"Yeah, why?" You take a mouth full of rice.

"Well, its just rice. Wouldn't you want something else to eat?"

"I'm fine, really. It's not like I'm starving."

"Are you eating well at home?"

He had to ask about home, you don't tell him, "of course, why wouldn't it be?"

"No reason, here," he hands you the other half of his PB&J sandwich.

"No thanks, I'm not that hungry," you decline.

"Take the sandwich, Je Seok," he says in a kidding, but serious voice.

"I'm not taking the sandwich," you refuse again, but just thinking about it makes your stomach growl a little bit. You haven't exactly been eating a lot these pass few days. But you don't want to take Tae Hyung's lunch away from him.

"Take the sandwich!" He places it right in front of your mouth and starts to push it, making it smear on your lips.

"Okay!" you scream as it flies into your mouth, you bite down on it and Tae Hyung lets go so you can hold it yourself.

"This right here is gold, so don't waste it," he waves his half in front of you. And you want to smack it out of his hands, but he just said it was gold, so that makes you realize that he's obsessed with food. He's a food addict. That's funny. Your dad was a food addict. Always making and buying food so he can eat it and do the cycle all over again.

               You ate your food in silence, same with Tae Hyun. And after that, the bell rang and you two went to class together. Time flew by quickly and the next thing you knew, school was over with and you drove home. You park your car on the side of the road and you lock your car on the way to your house. You freeze, there are is a man in black putting something in your mail box. Who the fudge is that guy?

"Hey!" You shout, the man quickly turns around, looking for the noise and sees you. You cant see his face. He stops what he's doing and run away, you consider chasing after him, but you would never catch him, he was running too fast. You walk up to your mail box and open it, finding a letter, along with some other bills. You take everything inside, reading through everything on the letter. What the hell?

               You ignore your younger siblings running around and walk to your room, closing the door and rereading the note again.

               Before you go running off and telling the police about this letter, you need to understand something first. We have leads on your mothers death, about who killed her, and why. You don't know who we are, but that will change if you meet us. We'll email you the address, and don't bring anyone, because this mission may be dangerous. If you truly want to find out who killed your mother, you'll have to cooperate and work with us. You can ask questions once you meet us and we'll fill you in on everything we know. I know you're probably shocked right now, I understand that. But you can't go and tell anyone, I repeat, anyone about this. Not even your closest friends, or your family. By the time you read this, we'll email you. So check your mail box. See you there.

 

                                                                                                                       Barefoot Clan

               You look up from the letter, in a daze. Why are they telling you this now? Out of this whole time Mom has been dead, they're just now telling you about this. You don't even know who these people are, how can you trust them? That's the problem, you don't have a choice. Whether you like it or not, you're going to have to go and see the Barefoot Clan. You knew it. Some body killed Mom on purpose, there had to be a reason. And they have the answers, you're going to have to work with them or else the curiosity will eat you alive. You hate it when you're always like that. Always trying to get to the bottom of things.

              You log onto your computer and click on your e-mail. Sure enough, there's an unopened e-mail. You click it and here pops up an address, you write it down and look at the name that sent this to you, but it doesn't say anyone sent it. Just a blank spot where the name should be. You grab the paper you wrote the address down on and kiss your siblings good-bye, telling them you were going to the store and would be back soon. You hop into your car and punch the letters and numbers into your GPS device and watch as it carries out the route and you follow it. It's a good 40-ish miles away from your house and not anywhere close to the city. When you pull into a driveway, you look at the building, it's a old, rundown factory that had broken windows and there are a few cars outside. The lights are on inside, you're scared to go in there. Here goes nothing. You made sure to where you tennis shoes so you could make a quick get away if you needed to. You walk up to the building and slowly, very slowly open the door. You peek your head inside and don't see anyone, yet. You bring yourself to walk inside and quietly look around,making sure not to do anything loud. You creep around and notice some voices coming from a room in front of you. You run over there, hoping not to be seen or heard and reach for the door knob and turn not. Locked. Dang it, you'll have to knock. 1. 2. 3. . . You raise your hand up and bang your knuckles three times real hard on the door. The chatter stops and you hear whispers, then you hear some footsteps and the the door opens.

               A man, maybe in his late 20's see's you when he opens that thick wooden door and he looks you up and down.

"She's here, guys," he motions you inside and you hesitantly go in, "don't worry, we don't bite. Much."

At least he's got a sense of humor. You walk in with your head held high, hoping they don't see the little girl you're hiding under your skin. You stand and observe everyone and everything around you. There were five men, excluding the guy who opened the door for you, they were all gathered around a map of the city with marks scattered all around it. And the room was FILLED with high-tech materials. Camera's, computers, screens, it's crazy.

           A man gets up from his seat and walks over to you, he sticks out his hand, "hey, I'm Yoseob, and this is my team. Meet Dong Guk," he looks over at a man at least in his 50's with short dark hair and glasses, he waves to you, "Over here's Tae Gak," he waves to you, his hair is same colour at Dong Guk and his cheek bones are really high, "this is Jonghyun," Jonghyun was the guy who held the door for you, he's tall and attractive, "this over here is Lee Won," He waves at you and gets right back to his chart, "and this guy over here is my son, Kenny. Say hi." Kenny gets up from his chair and walks over to you, he's about in his 20's also, and his hair bounced every time he moved forward.

"Hey, I'm Kenny, but you already knew that," he shakes your hand.

"Right, I'm Je Seok. Nice to meet you."

"Everyone," Yoseob walks you over to the table, "this is Je Seok, she's the daughter of Won Seo."

You look at him, "you'll need to fill me in on everything. You know that, right?"

He chuckles a little bit, "I know, sit down and I'll tell you everything you need to know."

            At first, he had to think about the words he would say to you, but then, everything just flew out. He told you that they were working with your mother on a case about this man who killed her brother. Kim Bo Kyung was the murderers name. She came so close to finding evidence that would convince the cops Bo Kyung killed him, but once he found out, he had to do what ever he could to stop her from handing that evidence over, and that meant he would have to kill her to shut her up. When Mom was in the hospital and her clothes were in the storage room, Bo Kyung snuck in there and took everything that was on her flash drive. She found footage in a nearby car that had a camera in it, that showed Bo Kyung shooting Uncle Him Chan in his head. He took it and now the Barefoot Clan doesn't have any more evidence. They'll been trying to find the locations of his victims, and so far, they've had no patterns. Which means no leads. Bo Kyung's latest victim was here in Seoul, Yoseob thought he would talk you into joining them. He'd only been reminded of you when he realized that your called them a few days ago, the day he left and said he was looking for Bo Kyung himself. He didn't mean to not tell you, but he didn't really know how. He knew you would've wanted to come along with him, and he knew that he couldn't put you in danger. Do he decided to not tell you and leave you there at the house. Which, you think was pretty stupid. You had to give up your social life - not like you had one anyway - and take up so many jobs. Dad didn't really think that one through very much. He should've at least called you once, just to let you know he was okay. He didn't have to give anything away, he just had to say he was okay and you wouldn't have to worry him anymore.

               After the talk he asked you a question, one you didn't really want to be asked, but you knew you would have to answer. 

"So," he looked you in the eyes with a happy/surprised look, happy because you actually came, and surprised because you actually didn't scream after he told you the story, "are you with, or not?"

You take a deep breath, knowing you'll regret this later on, "I'm with you."

Everyone cheered and patted your back, welcoming you to their crew. You're a Barefoot now, solving the crime of your mother. That's not a very good way to live your teenage years. But there's no going back now.