And The Fun Begins ;D

Smiling Doesn't Cure Misery

Your Point of View:

               You say your farewell's to your younger siblings before they head off to their new school and then grab your backpack and swing it around your back. You grab a granola bar before you head off to your new school as well. You hop into your car and drive down the road, a few miles away from your house. You approach the school and the first thing you notice is the big sign out in front saying "Bangtan High School." You hate it, you wish you were back at your old school back in Busan with your old house and your whole family back together again. It brings tears to your eyes every time you think about Mom, how she died like that, in your arms. That car didn't even stop, the way her head went one way and her body went the other while she flipped over the car. That was the most horrifying thing you've ever seen in your entire life, and it replays everyday, every moment of your life. Even while you sleep. That's all that plays. 

                After that, Dad moved your siblings and you up to Seoul, after he enrolled you into school, he bolted, just like that. He didn't say where we was going, or when. One morning you woke up and he wasn't there to make breakfast. The strongest person you knew, fell apart. You had to start working to pay the house rent and feed your siblings, working five part time jobs just barely gets you by. Feeding seven siblings is very hard, they're growing so fast, that means they're getting hungrier and hungrier.

               The oldest one, besides you, is Sarah, she's thirteen. Three years younger than you. Next is Lee Jae Won, he's twelve. Third is Lee Gak, he' Jae Won's twin brother. The fourth one was named after Rain, the singer, and actor, he's ten. The fifth one is Minho, sixth is Ji Woo, he's eight. And lastly, the seventh one, is named Chae Won, she's the youngest, seven years old. And because everyone's so young and immature, they're very loud and they play with each other way too much. They're smart, so they get their homework done quickly, right when they get home. That leaves them plenty of time to get into trouble with the neighbors or with you and you'll chase them and yell at them until you can't anymore. Sarah is starting to mature though, so she's not as bad as everyone else.

                You pull into the school parking lot and park your car by the shade. You hop out of your car and hit the lock button as you walk towards the front entrance. You feel the cold air as you walk inside and nothing looks right at all. A lot of people aren't wearing their uniforms. Is this some kind of tradition? Don't wear your uniforms on the first day of school? You look around and notice some people staring at you, some guys whistle as you walk by them. You keep looking for someone appropriate looking to ask where your homeroom class is. At the end of the hallway, you spot a group of girls laughing and giggling with each other. You walk up to them.

"Excuse me?" You say in a rather shy voice, shier than you realized, but a girl managed to hear you.

"Can I help you?" She said nicely, she's very pretty, and tall, with dark brown wavy hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"Yes, I need help finding my homeroom, I'm new here."

"Yeah, I noticed, you're wearing your school uniform. Not many people here do that here, Sweetie. But let me see that paper of yours," you hand her the paper with your schedule on it "follow me, New Girl."

You laugh a little bit, "My name's Kim Je Seok."

"Weird, so's mine!" She smiles.

"Really?" 

"No," she laughs, "I'm just messing with you, my name's Hannah. It's everyone's job to mess with freshmen, and new comers. . . Well, not everyone. Just seven boys that go here, but everyone started doing it. But nothing like the boys do, they're pranking gets really out of control here sometimes. Anyways, this way," she turns a few corners and you're there in the classroom.

"I would love to stay with you, but my friends and I are planning our first dance this year. It takes forever to get those things ready, but if you ever need anything, come find me and I'll help you out. Nice to meet you Je Seok!" she says and walks out of the room. 

               You look around, it's empty, the whole room's empty. You take the seat that's next to the window and pull out your headphones. You put them on and start playing some music. You have over a hundred songs on there, and it took forever to get all of them. You lean back and close your eyes, listening to every word of the music, not just the lyrics, the instruments and the beat that fits so well with the song. You start humming along to it, nodding your head and tapping your foot. You just love music, so much. It's one of the little things that actually make you happy, and actually makes you smile. not one of those fake one's that you put on for everyone. You hear footsteps come from the hallway and you open your eyes. and stop moving the to beat of the song. You look inside your backpack for a book to read and open it quickly, to make it look like you weren't just looking like an idiot while listening to music. You take out your bookmark and quickly find where you were at the night before. You quickly start reading and wait for the footsteps to subside, but they don't. They get closer. Is class about to start soon? Is that one of your classmates? You don't look up to find out, you just mind your own business and read your book.

               You hear a lot of footsteps, six, maybe seven people  into the room and sit down. One of them walks over to you.

"Hey, you're in my seat newbie," you look up at him, the first thing you notice is his slightly big nose, then his sharp, narrow eyes, and lastly, his dark hair.

"Sorry," you get up from your seat and move to the one in front of it.

"Wait," He grabbed your arms and spun you towards him, you're inches away from his face, your heart skips a beat a little bit, "you forgot your book."

You look over at the table and grab your book, along with your bookmark and walk back over to the table as smoothly as you can.

"Tae Hyung," one of his friends calls him over to the other end of the room, "check this out," his voice is deep, like a rappers voice, you manage to peek at him quickly before he noticed and then look back at your book. He has light blonde hair, that was really all you got. The guy who was next to you, Tae Hyung you guess was his name, stars at you for a moment longer, then walks over to his group of friends. You can still feel his eyes on you as he walks over though, you glance over at him, and sure enough, he's staring at you. 

"Hey," you say as you get up and walk over to him, "stop staring at me, you creep. What are you, some kind of ert? Yeah, I'm new, you've probably never seen me before, well now you have. So stop staring at me, okay? I don't find it very manly to be creepily staring at a girl like that. Okay? Just lay off!" Is what you wanted to do, and say to Tae Hyung. But instead, you close your book and grab your wallet from your backpack and walk out of the room, you get a glance at him before you leave, his chin is in his hands, was he hitting on you?

               You walk out and turn a corner, trying to remember where Hannah lead you, you retraced your steps to the main entrance, you saw the cafeteria on the right. So you walk over there and find the vending machine. You open your wallet and pull out some money. You put it into the machine and look around to see what you want. You see a hand come out of no where and hit a button. That caught you off guard, you took the hand and throw it over your shoulder, taking whoever was attached to it over too. The next thing you realize is the guy on the floor, clutching his side, because that's where he landed. You didn't even know what you did. You took Judo when you were a little girl, so you guess some of it became reflex.

               You gasp, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to! Your hand just popped out of no where and I didn't see it. I'm so sorry!" You help him get up.

"Ow!" Tae Hyung says and holds his side, "for a girl, you can throw pretty hard."

"You!" you let go of him and step away, "were you following me?"

"Yeah, I was gonna pull a trick on you, but it looks like it backfired on me."

"A trick? You were gonna push a button on the vending machine, that's kind of a dumb trick, if you ask me."

"Well, I'm not asking you. I was desperate, okay? I haven't done a prank to anyone since last school year and I was losing it. So I'm sorry if I'm a little out of practice."

You laugh a little bit and look at his shirt, there's dust on in. You you step in and wipe it off, "I'm Kim Je Seok, by the way."

He looks down and realizes what you're doing, he laughs a little bit too, "I'm Tae Hyung."

"I know," you finish wiping the dust off, "I heard your friend of yours call your name."

"Oh, well, just making sure."

You look at him, making sure that you didn't miss anymore dust, "well, I'm sorry for flipping you," you take whatever he chose from the vending machine and open it up, taste testing the soda, it's not bad.

"Wait," he says as you start to walk away, "aren't you gonna get me anything?"

You turn back to him and your hair flies over your shoulder, "you want something?"

He stutters, "yeah, I mean, you DID flip me and nearly broke my ribs, I want this one," he points to one of the sodas.

"Okay," you pop in some coins and push the button, out comes the soda. You pick it up and hand it to him, "here you go."

"Gomawo," he says and takes the soda.

"No problem, see you in class, Tae Hyung." You say and walk off.

               As you walk away, you hear him following you, but you don't tell him to go away. You think it's funny, you walk calmly down the hallway, sipping your soda, trying to remember where your homeroom is. But you can't, you stop for a minute and try to think, which way did Hannah go? You turn around:

"Hey, stalker," you say and he looks at you strangely.

"Stalker? I'm not stalking you."

"You were walking slightly behind me, that kind of sounds like stalking."

"Well, I wasn't! We were both heading the same direction and it would've been really awkward if I just happened to pass you up or walk right next to you. So I kept a slow pace."

"Okay, well, where's our homeroom class? I can't remember which way to go." You turn back around and start looking between the split hallway in front of you, trying to figure out which way to go.

He walks up to you, "follow me," he grabs your wrist and pulls you along with him, walking faster than you can run.

"Slow down!" You say and stop dead in your tracks, "I can't walk that fast."

"Sorry," he slows down to your pace.

"Stalker," you say.

"What?" He looks over at you, "and I'm not a stalker."

You looks down at your hand, "You can let go of me now."

"Oh," he lets go, "sorry, again."

You start walking again, "which way?"

"This way," he walks you to the right then turning the corner a few times until you reach your homeroom hallway. He stops you ten feet before heading into the door, "wait here for twenty seconds before walking in, I can't be seen with a new student. It would kill my reputation. Okay?"

You look at him confused, but don't argue, "okay. twenty seconds, correct?"

"Neh, and go!" He waves at you and walks into the classroom. You wait twenty seconds, like he said, before heading into the classroom.

               When you walk in, Stalker is talking and laughing with his friends, playing on their smart phones and messing with each others clothes. You ignore them as best you can and walk over to you seat, in front of Stalker's. Right when you sit down, the bell rings and everyone finds their seat. Again, someone comes up to you and looks you up and down.

"Hey," he says, you look up at him, he definitely wasn't Stalker, or one of his friends, this guy looked like a bully, "go find another seat, that one's taken."

Stalker is looking over at you two, "Leave her alone, Jong Woo, she's new and doesn't know where to go. Just let her have the seat, find another one."

"Mind your own business, Tae. Since when did you care about new students anyway?"

"Since five minutes ago, leave her alone, or else." He gets up from his seat and stands face to face with Jong Woo.

"Or else what?" you can hear a slight crack in his voice, he's afraid is Stalker.

"You really want to stick around to find out? Go find another seat." That wasn't a request, that was an order. Jong Woo snarls a little bit then walks away to the other side of the room and sits down.

"Why did you make me do that for you?" Stalker says as he sits down.

"I didn't make you do anything, you did all that yourself. And what was that about not caring about new students, are you apart of that group who pranks people on their first day here!? I've heard of you!"

"Shut up, there's only a number of people who actually know who we are, everyone else is still trying to figure out who is doing all the pranks around here, Jong Woo just happened to be one of those people. And now you. Just shut up and don't mention anything about me to anyone, arreseo?"

"Arreseo," you repeat and turn around and face the board. The teacher walks in.

"Anyeong, everyone. My name is Mrs. Jin," she clears her voice, "Class president?"

She looks around until someone speaks up, "attention."

Everyone straightens up in their desks.

"Bow," he says and everyone bows.

"Thank you, so all of. . . about. . . year. . ." You zone out and stop paying attention to her words and just stare at her. She looks just like Mom. Mrs. Jin has long black hair that she put in a bun, Mom did the same thing. Mrs. Jin has on a big smile that lights up her whole face, the same thing happened to Mom. Mrs. Jin is beautiful, Mom was too. And the shape of Mrs. Jin's body looks just like Mom's. All you see in her, is Mom.

               You stare longer, and tears start to form and they're running down your cheeks, you don't sob or whine, you just sit there silently and let them flow.

"Je Seok," Mom says and walks over to you, "are you okay?" 

What are you thinking? That's not Mom, Mrs. Jin walks over to you, not Mom. Everyone is staring at you. That feeling is starting to come back, when you were in the hospital waiting for Mom while she was in surgery after the accident, how everyone was staring at you, and watching you sob into your hands, with no one to comfort you. Dad was nowhere to be found, and your siblings were at the house, waiting for you to call them and tell them what's happening. How you felt so alone, and useless, and no one could compare their pain to yours. That's what you were feeling again.

"Je Seok," Mrs. Jin says again.

               You look up at her, with wet eyes, "I'm sorry, I need to leave," you say, grabbing your backpack and bolt out of the room. You remember where Stalker lead you and walked down the hall and back into the main entrance, you open the doors and walk outside to your car, it's raining, hard. You unlock it and hop it, throwing your backpack in the back seat and curl your knees up to your chest and you hold them there. You start bawling, and crying. The tears are coming so fast, you blink and wipe them away, but slowly stop and let them keep running. You bury your head in your hands and listen to yourself cry and the rain hitting the windshield. 

               Idiot! Why couldn't you hold it in until school ended? Or at least till class ended? Why are you so weak and helpless? Why can't you do anything right? Why can't Mom be here? Why can't you stop thinking about her for five minutes? And Why did Dad leave? He knew that you needed him, so why couldn't he be strong for a little while longer and help you get through this mess? If it weren't for that stupid driver. . .

               You look up and force the tears to stop for a moment. That driver, that reckless car driver! This is his fault! Why was he never caught? You gave the police the license plate. But why was he never caught? There wasn't something right about that night, the driver wasn't drunk, because he had a steady hand on the wheel, meaning he wasn't swerving all over the road. It looked almost like it was on purpose. But why would anyone want to kill Mom? She had no enemies. She was one of those "happy go lucky" people that wouldn't hurt a fly. So why did it always look like it WASN'T an accident? That was always something that you could never put together. 

               You hear a knock on your window, you look over and see Stalker. Why the heck is he here?

You roll down the window and look at him with your wet, bloodshot eyes, "What do you want, Tae Hyung?"

"I just came to check on you, you seemed pretty upset about something back there, you okay?"

"I'm fine, go back inside before you get soaking wet out here."

"Yeah, can't get wet, now can we?" He runs over to the other side of the car and opens the door, climbing inside and shutting it, rubbing his hands together, trying to keep warm, "that rain's chilly! I get goose bumps when it touches me."

"What are you doing?" You say in the calmest voice you could, "you're missing the class discussion."

"Actually," he turns on the heat in the car, "Mrs. Jin said to go check on you and see if you were okay."

"Why'd she pick you? Why not someone else?" You wipe your eyes with your sleeve.

"She didn't pick me, I volunteered, I asked her if she wanted me to come check on you, and she said okay. No harm done," he shifts in his seat to face you, "so. . . You want to talk about it? I won't judge, I swear!"

               You look at him, and his concern for you makes you feel guilty, you don't even know why. You bury your face in your knees again and start crying, you feel his hand rubbing your back. It's so big, and your back's so small. making it look and feel even smaller. You soon feel his hand lift off of you and the car door open, you look over and he's walking over to your side.

He opens the door, "Scoot over," he says and pushes you to the passenger's seat. He seats down in the drivers seat and closes the door, he starts the engine and puts the car in reverse, pulling out of the parking lot and out of school property. He starts driving down the road before you finally regain your senses.

"Hey!" You cry, "what are you doing!? Stop."

"No can do, I need to release all of your negative energy, Princess. It's making me feel down, and there's only one way to do that properly, and I know how. Because I'm a professional" he turns onto the highway that leads into the city.

"Why are we going into town?"

"You'll find out when we get there," he makes a few more turns.

"Well, where are we going?" You ask in between sobs.

"You'll find out when we get there," a few more turns.

You slowly stop crying and start focusing on the road. He's making so many swerves and turns, you can't keep track of every street name that you're seeing, let alone see any of them.

"I don't even know you, why do you want to help me?" You wipe your eyes with your jacket sleeve.

"Don't really know, never done this before. But you look like you need it. So I'll give you a break on your first day, okay? You won't get a swirly down the toilet or dog poop thrown at you or thrown in the swimming pool with your PJ's on at night time. I'm giving your special treatment, those are my signature moves with my friends."

"When will we be there?" You ask after a few minutes.

"we're here," he says as he pulls into the parking lot to a boxing gym. . . A gym? That's what he said would make you feel better? Boxing?

"Why are we here?" You say, getting out of the car along with him.

"Stop asking question, just follow me," You follow him into the gym and up to the front desk.

"Hey, Kris, I need some clothes for my friends here, and. . . Um. . . Some gloves, the smallest pair you got."

"You got it Tae. You," Kris points to you, "come with me."

               You look at Stalker, he nods and urges you along with Kris. He takes to you the dressing rooms in the next room over, he hands you some shorts and a t-shirt along with a sports bra and sneakers, "change into these and meet Tae and me up front, okay?" he walks away.

               You quickly change into the clothes, eager to find out what Stalker has planned for you. He looks you up and down when you come out and meet up with him. Stalker's also in different clothes. He nods, "this will do just fine. Here, put these on," he hands you some punching gloves and you put them on, "now turn around."

               You do as you're told and he puts your hair in a ponytail. A ponytail, where did he learn how to put a girl's hair in a ponytail!? He leads you over to a punching bag, "start punching."

"Punching? This will cure my misery?"

"Yes, when you cry or do something like that, adrenaline starts pumping, and it's bad for you not to do anything about it and just sit there while it's running through your body. It's best to work out or do something active about it. Now start punching," he goes to the bag next to you and starts punching. You watch him for a second then square your stance off, but when you punch it's hurting your wrist. you roll your wrist a little bit and try punching again, but the same thing happens.

"Here, punch like this," Stalker position's your wrist so it's straight, "you were curving it too much, that can ruin your wrist. Didn't you do some kind of martial arts? You flipped me, shouldn't you know how to punch?"

"I did Judo, so we don't really work on punching," you try punching again, with a straight wrist. It feels fine now, "thanks."

He goes back and does his thing while you do yours.

               You punch again and again, letting the anger spill out of you and you let yourself fall apart. All that fear and guilt spills back into you and that's all you think about, you let yourself punch and think of the bag as those things.

 

After the "punching" session, Stalker takes you back to school, but by the time you get there, school's already over.

"Great, I just missed my first day of school, that never happened to me before."

He sighs, "it happens to the best of us, Je Seok, anyway. . . You can have your car back, I need to get home before my mom throws a fit. I'll see you tomorrow, Princess."

The pain of hearing "mom" in that sentence kills you, but you hold back the tears, "Don't call me Princess, Stalker."

"Don't call me Stalker, Princess.

You laugh a little bit, "okay, see you tomorrow."

Tae Hyung walks away and waves you goodbye. You drive away from him and you drive a little bit into town for your part time job. You smile.

"He's such a dork!"

 

 

 

I hope you guys like the first chapter! ;D Make sure to check out my other stories if you got time ;D Ooh! And subscribe, you can never have too many subscribers. Mostly because I don't have a lot! XD