Close and Open

My Opposite Honey!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is Monday once again, a week after Krystal’s transfer to Seoul University. Dara is having her History class at the moment, their last subject of the day, while nibbling the cap of her pen. She was getting bored, and hated the fact that their teacher just extended their class with an hour. She pouted her lip. She wanted to play Temple run on her phone to kill time. But she knew that she shouldn’t. She must focus her mind on the lesson in front of her. Suddenly, her eyes landed on the girl beside her who is busy sketching doodles on her notebook. She smiled to herself.

 

Dara was glad to have Krystal as a friend. She’s bubbly, a happy go lucky person and a very respectful one. She learned that they will be together in the same three classes (Literature, Mathematics and History), one together with Minzy and CL. She likes almost everything about the girl and loves hanging out with her after class, except for one thing: her constant questions about Chanyeol.

 

Dara sighed deeply. All those three classes, she was with Krystal, but unfortunately, with the idiot also. She glared at the back of Chanyeol who is three seats away from her and having his ear buds stuck on his large ears.

 

“That idiot is not listening to the lecture. How irresponsible,” Dara thought. She brought her eyes back at the teacher who is happily lecturing about the Joseon Era, but her mind always drifted back to Krystal. Dara doesn’t want her new friend to end up with a broken heart. She knew Chanyeol’s character too well, and she doesn’t want him for her.

 

Sometimes, Dara would secretly peek at Krystal during classes to see what she’s doing. And everytime she do that, she would always see the girl staring at the giant moron’s broad back. Her eyes would always form into heart shape and shine like glitters and diamonds. Those times made Dara irritated. She can clearly see that the girl had developed a crush on his enemy and became a fan girl herself. She doesn’t like that and can’t explain why.

 

“It’s just because I don’t want her to be hurt. Yeah! That’s right. I don’t want her to be hurt.”

 

“Are you okay, Miss Park?”

 

Dara swiftly stared at the teacher after hearing his question. She didn’t realize that she talked out loud. Everybody was watching her. She take a look at Krystal and saw her odd stare, then gazed back at the teacher once again.

 

“I-..I am fine, Seonsaengnim,” Dara answered while scratching the back of her head.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, Seonsaengnim.”

 

The teacher, satisfied with her answer, just nodded and carries on with his lecture while the other students went back to their own businesses. Dara sighed deeply once again.

 

“That was a close one,” she thought.

 

Dara looked back at Krystal and smiled to her worrying face.

 

“I’m truly fine. Don’t you believe me?”

 

Krystal smiled back at her.

 

“I believe you. Just tell me if something’s bothering you.”

 

Dara nodded her head at Krystal’s friendly reaction. She decided that she must not let her end up grief-stricken. She wants her to be happy. Then, something crosses her mind. For the sake of their friendship, she will let her pride go down for a moment and try to help her get near her dream guy.

In the end, Dara planned to talk to Chanyeol later. But why does she feel so oddly...dejected?

 

~ ~ ~

 

After hearing the teacher’s goodbye, Chanyeol excitedly grabbed his things and went outside. He is done with the boring subject he hates, next after the most horrible subject for him, English. Their teacher extended his lecture hours for an hour, which made the class end at 5. He doesn’t like the idea but didn’t bother to oppose (unlike his classmates) since he’s too lazy to do so. After all, his friends agreed to wait for him until he's done.

 

Chanyeol went directly to the locker, hoping to see his friends. But unluckily, they were not there yet.

 

“Where the hell are they?”

 

He quickly opens his locker and snatch the books inside it back to his bag. He slammed the locker after.

 

Chanyeol decided to find his friends around school. He can’t call them or text them right now because his phone’s battery was emptied during the lecture (where he listened to music instead of the teacher’s words).

 

While walking down the hallway, somebody call him. He smirked. He knew that person. He wanted to laugh out loud moments ago when he heard her burst out something inside the class. That was unexpected actually, because it seems like she was talking to herself or daydreaming at that time which only mean one thing: she didn’t focus her attention to the lecture. That’s very rare for her. She is usually tentative to classes and only focuses her mind to the lectures. Chanyeol’s smirk widens thinking about it. She broke her own rule.

 

He didn’t stop when she call him idiot and still keeps on walking. But, not until that person throw something that hit his head.

 

“Ahh!!!”

 

He glares at her while rubbing the sore back of his head. He looked down on the history book at his foot and starts glaring at her again.

 

“What is your problem now? Why did you threw a book towards my head?”

 

Dara just smiled at him.

 

“I threw a book at your thick head because your super ‘big’ ears didn’t hear me.”

 

Chanyeol just stared back at her. Suddenly, an unknowing smile appeared on his face. He approached her slowly until their faces were mere inches away.

 

“Why? You want to have me for yourself now? Well, we can do it later at home..if you want to.”

 

Dara can feel his breath fanning her face. Her heart was beating so fast. Suddenly, she flicked his forehead twice and stepped away from him. Chanyeol massage his now tortured forehead. He smiled at their situation. He hates her, but likes her guts.

 

“Don’t bother yourself. I don’t need your presence for too long. I just want to talk to you about something.”

 

Chanyeol continue his stare at her. He is getting curious about what she wanted to talk about with him. Maybe she wanted a cease fire on their war because she fell in love for him? He secretly snickered thinking about that very impossible thing. He knew even before that in Dara’s dictionary, there is no such word as ‘cease fire’ and 'love you enemy'.

 

“About what?”

 

Dara became nervous after hearing him. She wasn’t sure now if she has to tell him. She took a deep breath and sigh. Without a warning, Dara pulls his right hand and went directly up stairs. She has to take him to a more private place, and she knew exactly where it is. Chanyeol knitted his eyebrows. He can’t understand her actions.

 

“Where are we going?” he asked.

 

“Library,” Dara answered without looking back.

 

“Why? Are you going to me there?”

 

The teenage girl didn’t answer his question. He took a deep sigh.

 

“Okay. I will stop joking now so just tell me what are we going to talk about, please?”

 

Dara stopped and faces him. Her face became very serious.

 

“We are going there for privacy. And it’s not about ‘what’, idiot. It’s about ‘who’.”

 

After that, she proceeded with her stride to the library while holding Chanyeol’s arm. He just smirked at her one more time.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“It’s already thirty minutes ago,” Krystal thought. She was waiting patiently for Dara in front of the school building, and now she’s worried sick. She has not come back yet.

 

Following the teacher’s retreating words, Dara told Krystal to just wait her for thirty minutes in front of the School building. She said that she has something to do first.

 

But at this moment, she has yet to come back, and Krystal’s worrying already like a mom waiting for her child to come home after his first day in school. Suddenly, she hears someone calling her.

 

“Hey! It’s really you!”

 

Krystal was surprised at the voice. She looked at the guys who are advancing towards her. All of them were smiling.

 

“Hey! You’re Krystal, friend of Dara-noona, right?” a tanned guy asked. Him and his friends stood all in front of her.

 

“Oh my God! These six gorgeous guys know me? They looked familiar though, except the one with the girly face,” Krystal thought at the moment.

 

“Hello? Are you listening?” the one with cat liked eyes asked.

 

Suddenly, she remembered them.

 

“Aha! You’re the Carnival group!”

 

The six guys stared with wonder at her and immediately burst out laughing. Krystal immediately covered .

 

“Sorry! I never intended to call you that!”

 

She stood up quickly and bowed her head many times.

 

“Hey! Stop that. It’s alright,” Lay said.

 

After the boys recovered from laughing and Krystal stopped bowing, they say sorry for laughing at her.

 

“It’s okay. It’s my fault,” Krystal said bashfully. She looked at them and stares at the guy who is new to her eyes. Tao noticed this and put the said boy in front of her face.

 

“By the way, this is Lu Han. He is new here in school and is my classmate. He’s a Chinese and a transferee just like you,” Tao explained.

 

Krystal looked at Lu Han. She ogled at her very pretty face.

 

“Oh..Are you sure he is not a ‘she’?” she asked.

 

Once more, the guys laughed.

 

“Of course not! I’m a guy!” Lu Han told her with a pout. Krystal thought he’s cute that way. She suddenly pinch his cheeks without a second thought.

 

“You’re so cute! I think Dara’s gonna like you!”

 

The guy stopped laughing after hearing Dara’s name.

 

“By the way, where is Dara? Isn’t she with you in the class?” Kyungsoo asked with round eyes.

 

Krystal stopped with her abuse on Lu Han’s cheeks. She told him sorry for pinching him without properly asking. The boy just said it’s okay.

 

“Actually, we are about to go home together,” Krystal started. “But she said she has to do something first and told me to just proceed here outside to wait for her in thirty minutes. And right now, she’s already gone for so long and still not back.”

 

The guys felt Krystal’s unsettling sense.

 

“Then let’s find her. We will come with you,” Lay told her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter