Friends and Foes

My Opposite Honey!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal POV

Chanyeol laugh after hearing Dara’s cursing. He thinks it’s very funny whenever he hears her shouting or telling some ‘un-ladylike’ words. Dara is a prim and proper kind of person, that’s what he knew.

 

In their school, she is one of the most respected student, not only because she is the Student Body Vice President who is in second command after Lee Chaerin, known as CL the Badass President, but also because she is known to be a very beautiful, friendly, cheerful, intelligent, kind and respectful girl to anyone, stranger or not. She is what they call ‘perfection’. But whenever she encounters him, she shows him her rough side. He smiled to himself. That is what he really liked about her--her tough character.

 

“Same with you!” he answered back from the inside, followed by the opening of the front door.

 

Right after he entered, he suddenly heard the voices of the couple who were laughing on the couch while watching a comical variety show on TV. Chanyeol rolled his eyeballs at this.

 

“Noona, I brought your bags,” he talked immediately, gaining the couple’s attention. Two faces instantly glued their eyes on him.

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol. You shouldn’t have bothered yourself,” Bom answered with a smile. She quickly get off from the couch and get her bags from him. She put it on the table which is placed in front of the sofa she was sitting a while ago.

 

“That’s not a problem, noona. I love helping people, you know.”

 

Bom’s smile widens after hearing those words. Chanyeol blushed, seeing the smile on the older woman’s lips.

 

“Yeah.. but not everyone.”

 

In a flash, all pair of eyes inside the room, including Dong Wook who paused laughing at the TV show, looked directly at the intruder. Well...not exactly an intruder.

 

“Dara.”

 

She smiled at her sister.

 

“Hi D!” Dong Wook greeted her from the couch. Dara looked at the tall guy and smiled while waving her right hand.

 

“Good Morning, Dong Wook-oppa.” The guy nodded at her.

 

Dara gazed back at her sister and quickly saw the smirking face of Chanyeol who was just beside her. She glared at him and put the bags on the floor with a loud thud.

 

“Wow D! You brought those bags here just by yourself? How did you manage it? You should have asked for Dong Wook’s or Chanyeol’s help!”

 

Dara can’t hear her sister’s rumblings at the moment. She is quite busy with her glare at the giant, while the latter only smirked at her. Dong Wook looked at the two teenagers and felt a strong tension between them. He looked at Dara and saw that her eyes were full of hatred, and if only looks could kill, Chanyeol probably is already dead by now. He looked at his younger brother after and he had the feeling of wanting to kick his after seeing his smirking face. Because of this, he decided to break the dark aura between them.

 

Dong Wook stood up from the sofa and gladly get Dara’s bags on the floor. The teenage girl snapped from her intense glare with the younger man in the room and focused her eyes on the older guy’s doings. Bom stopped with her questions and Chanyeol looked at him.

 

“Let me take you to your room, D. I think youre going to like it,” he told her, hoping she will agree. “You like white, right?”

 

Without a second thought, Dara nodded right away and a smile lit up her face again. Dong Wook beamed at this.

 

“Okay. Follow me.”

 

Dong Wook brought Dara to the staircase. When he saw her excited face, he told her to just go ahead and wait for him. He explained to her that he has to say something first to his brother before anything else. She just bobbed her head as a sign of agreement and happily went upstairs.

 

Dong Wook glances back at Chanyeol who is scowling at him and Bom who is wondering to what’s happening. He wanted to laugh at their faces, especially Chanyeol, who looked like a candy had been taken away from him. Dong Wook took a deep breath and put on a serious face.

 

“Yeol, I know that you and Dara were not in a good relationship. But can you try not to pick a fight with her?” he started.

 

He saw Chanyeol’s startled reaction. His eyes even begin to get rounder than before. Dong Wook know that his brother might be wondering why he is asking this kind of demand. But he has to ask him, it’s for the better. Dong Wook closes his eyes for seconds, feeling that a headache is coming, and open it right after. He has to make him agree.

 

“Look, she’s one of our guests now and my girlfriend’s sister and I don’ want you two to be a pain in the neck with each other. Dara is like a sister to me, and I want you to treat her like that too. I know that three months is a very long time, but I hope you will bear with it. You and Dara are enemies, okay, but please, can you set that aside? Even just this moment when she and Bom are staying here? So I'm begging you, Yeol, can you at least try? Oh..no, not try, but can you do it?”

 

Chanyeol just stared at his eyes directly. The older guy believes that Chanyeol will have a rough start if he ever agree with his request, and what makes him more nervous is that he might never even agree. He had no idea how this ‘war’ between them started. But he don’t care about the beginning of their conflict, he only wanted them to be in good terms even if not as friends, especially when he was sure that Bom’s the one. The two were not against their relationship, but he knew well that their constant bickering can cause trouble and might affect his and Bom’s relationship. He can only hope that nothing worse will happen because of their ridiculous ‘nemesis’ thing.

 

A minute pass by before he saw Chanyeol sigh deeply and nod at his words. Dong Wook was shock at his sudden agreement. It is not common for Chanyeol to agree without a fight. But he dismissed that thought. What matters now is that his younger brother agreed. A smile appears on his lips once again.

 

“Promise?”

 

He saw hesitation in his eyes, but still answered back with his deep voice.

 

“I promise.”

 

Dong Wook felt relief wash over him. He whispered a silent ‘thank you’ to his brother and told him to bring his girlfriend to her room. He winked at Bom right after and followed Dara upstairs, hoping that everything's going to be alright.

 

What he didn’t know is Chanyeol’s crossed fingers at that time. He was grinning at his brother’s retreating back.

 

“I doubt about that, big brother,” the giant thought so.

 

~ ~ ~

 

It was a very beautiful Monday for Dara. The class had been over 30 minutes ago and now she’s having her lunch on their school canteen. She was sitting, together with her friends, CL and Minzy, and a new transferee student named Krystal when out of the blue, Minzy asked about her and her unnie’s transfer to the Park residence. Dara choked on her orange juice. She didn’t expect that question to be asked. Quickly, Krystal rub her back, while the other two ladies on the table chuckle.

 

Dara rolled her eyes. She forgot to tell them every incidents that happened yesterday. It was still very clear to her mind what these two ‘very good’ friends of her did during their first class. They keep on nagging her to tell the complete story of the occurrences during their move. Afraid that their teacher might see and scold them, she quickly told the two brats that she will reveal it later on their lunch break. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter