Tough Days

April the 20th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung went to bed that night feeling empty. There was a space where Luhan was in the bed, and she muched missed having him there. She missed deliberately making Luhan sing her a lullaby, she missed him cuddling her, she missed his litte pecks, and most importantly, the charming words that he would say to her.

 

"I won't ever leave you."

 

"You're my little black pearl, you know?"

 

"War can't break us apart. Ever"

 

"I'll always protect you, my little baby."

 

"Hush now, it's time to sleep."

 

These words echoed in Miyoung's head. She imagined Luhan whispering them into her ears, his breath tickling her. But he wasn't there to say them to her. She was shaking, even though the heaters were up to the maximum temperature.

 

What if he starves?'

 

What if he gets shot?

 

What if he....dies?

 

Miyoung shook her head and sighed. She picked up her phone and typed in Luhan's phone number. She knew he wasn't going to answer, and she knew he couldn't, but calling him seemed to cheer up up slightly.

 

"Hello, the number you are dialling is not available," the speaker said. Miyoung felt her tears trickling down her face. What on this earth was the army doing to Luhan?

 

Luhan was on his tiny bunk bed thinking about Miyoung. He wondered if she was crying, trying to call him. Luhan sighed. He hated army life. They told him that he'll be treated just like home, but of course that didn't happen. In fact, it was the complete opposite. Luhan clutched tightly onto the picture of him and Miyoung, the only thing that hadn't been confisticated by the military officials.

 

Luhan's Flashback

"Let me go! Give those back to me!" Luhan screamed as they took his picture frames from him. Those pictures of Miyoung, he knew he had to keep them.

 

"Look, you're in an army, you can't have all of this with you," the officer said.

 

"But these are the photos of my wife! Can you at least be humane?!" Luhan exclaimed furiously.

 

"You'll get to see her, don't worry," the officer faked a smile. "You'll have nowhere to put these photos anyway." Luhan clenched his teeth.

 

"Just let me keep these pictures!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter