The Worst Monday

April the 20th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung wished she could go back to the old days. When they were kids, they would have literally nothing to worry about, and now she looked at the memories and realised how lucky she was. Monday came again, and she was scared, and as she turned the TV on that day, she trembled, not just from the cold but from being scared. Luhan had already left for work, and Miyoung was left alone to sit in front of the TV as she ate breakfast.

 

"Well, our results today," the speaker announced. "April......"

 

Miyoung shivered. She hated hearing the word April. She continued to stare at the TV as she held her breath.

 

"the twenti-"

 

There's still hope, just say 21st....

 

"-eth."

 

No.

 

This couldn't be true.

 

Why did it have to be the 20th?

 

She wished Luhan wasn't born on that day.

 

Miyoung broke down crying. She couldn't imagine Luhan heading off to war and shooting people.

 

What if he starves?

 

What if he gets shot?

 

What if he.....dies?

 

Miyoung was devastated.It had only been days since they were married, and now she might have to live without him for the rest of her life. Her phone next to her rang, and it said that it was from Luhan. Shaking, she picked up.

"Luhan..."

"You saw the news, right?" Miyoung kept sobbing. She mumbled a "yes" and there was silence.

"Miyoung, I..." Luhan trailed off. "I'll tell you tonight, okay?"

 

That night when Luhan walked through the door, Miyoung was sitting on the couch, her head buried in her lap. She jumped up to see Luhan, and ran up to him for a warm embrace, her tears trickling down her face. Luhan patted her head, and pulled away from the embrace.

"Do you have you go?" Miyoung mumbled.

"I wish I didn't have to but..." Luhan replied, "I guess life is cruel."

 

Miyoung plopped down in her chair. There was Luhan, standing in front of her with his gorgeous smile.

"You'll be fine, it's only for a little while," he said even though he wasn't so sure himself.

"Will you come back?" Miyoung asked, almost bursting into tears.

"I don't know...." Luhan replied, his face darkening. Miyoung sighed. Luhan had to leave tomorrow for training, and she was quite scared that she would never see him again. Their new life had just started, and now they had to separate again. Luhan pulled her in for a hug, and she cried on his shoulder as his teardrops slid down his own face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter