There is always a way.

A Gentleman's Dignity 2

A few weeks had passed since Autumn had last spoke. Not that she needed to with Colin. He understood her without the use of speech. Colin, seemed happy enough to do things this way, so Autumn went along with it.  Truth was... She was dying to talk to Colin. To have an actual conversation with him. She was desperately trying to find a way to coax her body into allowing her to talk. It only seemed to work when Colin was around being funny or he was in trouble.... Colin! That was it! She whizzed out of her room to knock on Colin's door. He was playing and sing so she opened the door a little and heard him singing Illa illa. She stepped into the room and closed her eyes. Colin looked at her puzzled but continued playing. Maybe she had just wanted to-
He almost stopped singing and playing.... Autumn.... was Singing....
"Illa Illa Illa.... " Harmonizing perfectly with him! He stood and walked over to her. Her eyes opened slowly and he ruffled her hair.
"Found the way huh?" He grinned at her. His heart, still doing backflips, pounded against his ribs.
"Will you teach me?" Autumn shuffled her feet, Glad she was able to use her voice. "I want to learn." Colin looked at her in shock. She looked up and giggled.
"You're Talking to me.... am i asleep?" He walked towards his wall as if he could walk through it like in a dream. THUD!
"Colin!" Autumn laughed as she said his name, "I.... think i found the answer....You and music... both trigger my speech. I'm not sure about others..... but i really want to try with you... please?" Colin was still rubbing his head as he walked back over to her.
"Say my name again?" He sat on his bed and picked up his guitar smiling at her.
"Colin." She blushed but smiled all the same. Colin beckoned for her to come sit on the bed next to him. She slid the guitar across her lap and reached his arm around her.
"I'll help play the guitar. You already know the lyrics. ok?" Autumn turned her head to ask him a question, and found herself face to face with him. eyes wide....lips touching. She turned her head back away and bowed her head, chewing her lip.
"Gomen...." Colin burst out laughing.
"You're acting as if you've never ki-" He was cut off as she looked up.
"I havent...." She shook her head lightly.
"You mean..... I just took your first kiss?" Colin grinned as she nodded, "Lets not count that..." She looked at him puzzled before he leant forwards and pressed his lips softly against hers, "That one you can count." Autumn nods slowly and gulps, before turning to colin.
"O..Oppa... The song...." Colin who had looked away to settle his furiously beating heart suddenly jumped.
"Yeah..." He awkwardly put his arm back round her to help play guitar.
"Sing with me?" Autumn looked up at him pleadingly and colin smiled.
"Sure" They played guitar and sang it through fully a few times before saying goodnight. Autumn threw herself on her bed and smiled to herself. The Barrier will break. She had something she wanted to tell colin with confidence. That was her Aim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoy! <3