Cup 4 ~ Last Cup

Cappuccino

Walking around was nice. Not really having an aim and just allowing their feet to lead them, the couple observed the sky and the scenery around them in a comfortable silence; Amber ocassionally comparing something to Krystal's beauty to get her giggling.

 


As they passed by a few shops the Princess paused to admire the items for sale, denying the tomboy's offer to buy her something and stating that she didn't want either of them to be weighed down by bags. Instead, the younger girl began to observe the trees they passed by, as well as the dark grey sidewalk blending into a smooth, light-colored pavement.

 


She lifted her head and noticed they were far away from any shops, out along a walkway over looking the river.   

 


"It's so beautiful here." Amber said, speaking only moments before her girlfriend could voice her question. Without saying anything else she sat down on a bench and gestured for her girlfriend to sit with her. "Like you, obviously."

 


Again the younger girl blushed, lightly bopping Amber on the head for what felt like the millionth time that day. She couldn't disagree about one thing, though, this area was indeed very pretty.
 


The sun had set some since they had been walking, casting a warm orange glow over the river and the places surrounding it. The crystal-clear glittered in the light, the waters darkened to the human eye but no doubt containing beautiful mysteries underneath the surface. 

 


"There was this little pond I walked by while I was wandering around up in San Fran, and I realized how much I liked looking at the water. It's just so...calm. I sort of envy it, is that weird?" Amber spoke, flipping her hair from her eyes so as not to shield her view of the stunning landscape in front of her. 

 


Krystal turned her head and saw that Amber was staring at her, the blush reigniting on her cheeks. "N-No. "

 

 

"Mm..."

 

 

 


A few moments of silence, and then...

 

 

 

 


"Wait, San Fransisco? What were you doing there?" The younger girl asked, confused. San Fransisco was a bit away from L.A.

 


"Heh, I missed you...so for some reason I just kinda rode my skateboard all the way up there."     "Why?"  

 

 

"Because it's your hometown, silly. I wanted to visit it. I guess I felt like I'd get a connection to you, even though I was so far away." The tomboy giggled nervously, shrugging her shoulders at the end of her reply. Her girlfriend smiled, looking down at her shoes, touched by the endearing information.

 


"You could have just Skype'd me, y'know."    "Shut up..."

 

 

Krystal laughed and layed her head on Amber's shoulder, enjoying the comfort she felt, not realizing how this feeling she didn't have a word for had been out of her life for so long while her girlfriend was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

"You know...While you were gone, all I could think about was you? I mean, not just 'Oh I miss you,' but I kept looking around for someone to be there and you weren't. So...in order to, ch-channel you, I guess? I tried to draw something." The  younger girl confessed, cheeks aflame. 

 


"Oh? What is it?" Amber asked, intrigued. She was an artist at heart,  loving to draw and always having her art tools in her backpack.

 


Krystal sighed, though her tone wasn't annoyed, just whimsical. "I didn't draw anything. I couldn't. Everything I drew wasn't good enough. I even tried to draw a chibi you to post on the coffee pot."

 


The tomboy laughed but her girlfriend's smack quickly told her to shut up. "I wasn't happy with any of it. It wasn't you. All I want is you, Amber. Forever and ever, no one else."

 


The older girl felt her heart swell up and her stomach fill with butterflies. Her strong Princess who never seemed fragile was saying that she needed her in order to stand upright.

 


"I need you too, Ddudungie. I missed you, and every night I was gone, I would lay awake thinking of you so much it would ache. I didn't want to leave, Ddudungie. But..."

 


"Shhh...." Krystal shook her head, pressing a long, passionate kiss to Amber's lips. "I know why you left. I understand. What matters is that you're back, and the next time you leave, I'm going with you."

 


"Deal." Amber nodded, pressing another kiss to Krystal's lips after the first. "I love you."

 


"I love you too...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


...Stupid."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

{The End}