Cup 2

Cappuccino

Amber didn't want to tell Krystal about how she laid awake at night, crying and hating herself for getting injured so that SM could sent her away to Los Angeles. She didn't want to talk about how all day she'd lay on the couch of her parents' house and talk about how much she missed her with Jackie, who was the greatest sister ever and tried her best to soothe her distressed sister even if it was all in vain.

 


Guiltily, Amber looked away when Krystal asked her to share her "vacation."

 


"Amber~  It's okay that you had to go back and recover. I know you don't like it when others see you struggling and making them feel like they have to help you. I understand." Her Princess murmered, laying the both of them down, brushing the tomboy's shaggy hair out of her eyes..

 


"I didn't really do much." Amber said quietly. "I just practiced once the doctors said I could use it. Not very hard, but...I wanted to come back to you at my best. So that way...all this missing you wouldn't of been for nothing."

 


"You missed me?" She asked it so casually that Amber couldn't believe it was even a question.

 


"Of course I missed you. I missed you everyday, Soojung-ah..." She whispered, her own hands traveling to caress the other girl's hair and face. The pads of her fingertips raised goosebumps on the younger girl's skin as they trailed down her neck, coming to rest over her heart, where one finger tapped in rhythm with the faint thudding that could be felt there.

 


"How could I not miss my perfect Princess?" 

 


Krystal's reply was none, but her twinkling eyes were enough for Amber. Instantly, her expression brightened and she kissed her nose, getting a much louder response; a laugh.

 


"Heheh, there you are!"   "You are such a...nevermind."   "What?"   "You are such a cute ."  "Heeeeeeyyyy: why am I---"

 


*Ring*

 


"Eoh?"

 

 

 


Krystal pouted, slumping back onto the bed  as Amber got up to answer her phone. No doubt it was one of her many friends, wanting to know if she'd landed safely or how she felt being back in Korea.

 


It wasn't that she was jealous, because she wasn't, but again that little feeling of resentment began to hang over her like a cloud. Her girlfriend was such a social butterfly in comparision to her, who didn't have many friends at all. Any friends she kinda-liked from school were all doing boring things like going to med school or something like that, and she didn't have any idol friends. They all paled next to Amber, anyway.

 


"I'm fine. Yeah. I'm hangin out with my BFF. Uh huh."

 


Another thing that made her so frustrated was that no one was allowed to know just how much she loved Amber. She couldn't get angry at the fact they were crashing time with her girlfriend because they couldn't know that. She couldn't demand to the company that she wanted her schedules to sync so they could have more time to themselves because no one could know that.

 

 

 

 

It hurt. Amber was across the world and Krystal couldn't have her. Now, Amber was here, and Krystal had to struggle to spend ten minutes with her.

 


Amber looked back at her Princess, completely zoning out from her conversation on the phone. She could already see the disappointment and sadness clouding her eyes, even though she'd been laughing just a moment before.

 

 

Head hanging low, Amber felt guilt bubble at the pit of her stomach. She loved her friends, and she was glad they were concerned about her, but at the same time she felt bad because she couldn't have her friends and girlfriend at the same time.

 

 

"Y-Yeah, hey, my dogs are going crazy and I need to go take care of them. I'll call you back, okay? Great."

 


Krystal obviously didn't hear that bit, having already retreated into her thoughts. She startled when Amber suddenly jumped on the bed and laughed, tugging at her arm.

 


"Ddudungie, let's go on a date~"