Airah: Kazuya [Rejection]

My Story/ One Shot Collection/ [Haitus]
Please enjoy
-----------------
“You know what Yamaa! Just forget it! I’m tired of you!” I yelled at my brother. Recently he started to get so irritating. It’s only until recently that he felt that he had to become all brotherly. It made me mad that now when I was grown he wanted to have a say in what I did.

“Do you really have to fight with your brother?” my friend Kazuya asked me.

“It just doesn’t make sense. The whole time he was making his career he didn’t care what happened to me and now all of the sudden he wants to be wise brother? “I told him. Kazuya sighed.

“He means well. Plus, maybe this is how he shows regret for leaving you like that.” Kazuya tried to explain. I shrugged.

“Look can we just not talk about my brother.” I told him. He nodded and we sat outside in silence. There were never any stars outside considering all the lights from Tokyo. However it was dark and cold.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Kazuya asked.

“Yeah, sounds good.” I answered. We got up and started treading around the neighborhood.

“You know one time when I was younger I had a crush on this girl, so I would follow her home every day and the day she caught me told me to leave her alone she slapped me across the face.” He told me. I couldn’t help but start laughing.

“Wow Senpai you were a real ladies man when you were younger huh?” I joked. He shrugged and scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

“Yeah well I learned that that wasn’t the right way to pursue a girl.” He told me. I laughed. I kept thinking to myself about how charming he seemed to be.

“Yeah well I’m surprised you aren’t with a girl now.” I told him. He chuckled slightly.

“Well, it’s not that I can’t it’s just… there one girl that I’m waiting for.” He said. I didn’t know why I felt so much pain from hearing him say that. I wondered who the girl would be. I wondered how amazing she had to be to get his attention. “What are you thinking?” he asked.

“Nothing…just wondering what I can do to get along with my brother,” I lied.

“Oh well… maybe you should just talk to him.” He told me. I shrugged.

“I’ll give it a try.”I said. We walked back home, and I didn’t feel like talking to Kazuya. He left and I decide to talk to my brother.

“Umm… look Yamaa… it’s not that I don’t like you telling me thing its just… my whole life you went on doing your own thing and you weren’t really like a brother to me. So, now it’s just weird having you telling me things. You have to give me time to adjust.” I told him. He looked at me and nodded.

“I’m sorry for just leaving you I really am. However, I want to be your brother. I want to be there when you need me. I want to be someone you can depend on.” He told me. I looked at his face and I could tell that he was being sincere about what he was feeling.

“Okay…I understand that. Just…give me time okay?” I said. He nodded.

“Well I don’t know if I’m in a good position to ask this but…do you like Kazuya?” He asked. I felt my cheeks heat up.

“I-i….I’m not sure.” I told him. He laughed.

“Well… maybe you should figure it out because I think he likes you.” He told me. I nodded and went up to my room thinking about it. Maybe I did like him…but how could I ever tell him that after what he told me today.

*Maybe I just need to take a chance*

[A couple days later]

“Kame…”I called him by his nickname.

“Yeah?” He answered.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked. He nodded. “What would you do if say… I had a crush on you?” I asked. He stopped walking and turned to look at me.

“Umm… well do you?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Just answer the question.’’ I commanded.

“Well… I would tell you how I’d feel about you.” He told me. I could feel the curiosity build in me.

“How exactly do you feel about me?” I asked.

“Well first tell me if you really do have a crush on me.” He said. I pouted .

“Fine, I have a crush on you.” I declared. He smiled and took my hands.

“I love you…and I’ve been waiting for you to return my feelings for the longest time.” He told me. I couldn’t believe what he told me.

“You mean this whole time you felt this way about me?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yea…I just… I’d rather just be your friend and you not know about my feelings than you knowing about how I felt and then….rejecting me.” He said. I kissed his cheek and shot him a warming smile.

“Kame… you’re something.” I said. That day he walked me home and we went hand in hand.
-----------------
Comments are <3 <3