happy anniversary : jackbam

igotseven shots `

prompt:  a jackbam fic where they celebrate their first anniversary by recalling their 3 encounters before becoming a couple. 1st at a bus shop on a rainy day, 2nd at a coffee shop and 3rd at a dance class..

 

note: light grey font + italics = flashblacks. }

 

text from: umma jinyoungie ]: dance practice starts in 2 hours. don't be late.

text to: umma jinyoungie ]: i'll try my best, hyung! C:

Tossing his phone back into his pocket, Bambam shuffles against the back of his chair.

"The usual?" A familiar voice soon after interrupts and glancing towards the waiter, the one that had served him since his trainee years, Bambam curves a foolish grin before nodding. "You know it." He happily replies and the other responds with a soft snicker. "Got it but hey, no Jackson today?" The question, like a habit, forces the younger to glance at the empty seat in front of him. "No, he's doing his new show right now." The male then responds and he tries his best to not sound disappointed. "Ah, Hitmaker? The show's funny. Tell him he's doing a good job the next time you guys meet, huh?" And Bambam nods, throwing on another smile. 

"Look, I'm trying to study and you guys are being obnoxiously loud. So, for the sake of my dreadful future, can you guys keep it down?" He exhales with a deep breath. 

Bambam was one that usually avoided confrontation, (especially with teenage delinquents), yet this was crucial. He needed to study if he wanted to upgrade his Korean vocabulary and impress Mr. JYP, himself with his perfect and fluent Korean pronunciation at his audition next week. Though, neither of that seemed like it’s going to happen -- not when his focus was consistently drifted between thousands of words he needed to study for and a group of rather annoying pricks that sat (out of all places) across from him.

Pricks that were being pricks at Bambam's 'silent' coffee shop.

Okay, it wasn't his coffee shop but he was a regular customer and that was close enough.

"Y'know some politeness and a 'thank you' wouldn't kill anyone you little ." A sudden voice interrupts and Bambam's eyes drift to the furthest member of the group. The one that somehow looked the most challenging and difficult to please and a faint shudder runs down the younger's back at how everything suddenly switches around and he was now the one being blamed for. "H-Huh? Well, I'm sorry but you guys don't look like the most approachable people to complain too." He quickly shoots back, trying to stand his ground but the previous male scoffs; luckily, before he could say much another male of the group interrupts. "Stop scaring the little lamb, Jackson." He then says with too much amusement and before Bambam could retort and cover up the faint pink that was creeping up on his cheeks, the male continues. "Anyways, sorry. We'll keep it down."

Bambam emits a low chuckle at his memory. At how everything came to play. At how Jackson, the challenging and most difficult delinquent was now his official boyfriend and how today was their one year anniversary. Fate was always strange, Bambam concludes and in all honesty, he prefers it that way.

"Here's your order." At an unfamiliar voice, Bambam glances up to notice one of the waiters. "Oh-- but I didn't order anything." He comments, however, the smile the sketches the other's face prevents him from talking and Bambam patiently waits for an explanation. "It's on the house." The waiter vaguely responds and before the young Thai could question the kind-gesture, the other gently places the coffee on the table and walks away.

Though, Bambam's attention eventually drifts to the coloured sticky note that was pressed against the side of the cup and arching his brows in confusion, he begins to read the little message:

 

So, baby-face ... I'm told to apologize. Apparently I was being a little too cold.

Though, I disagree with all that , forgive me for my 'rude' behaviour.

- Jackson.

P.S: Good luck with whatever you're studying for.

And that comes from the bottom of my heart.

See? I'm not that cold.

 

There was silence and Bambam dedicates a moment to recollecting his thoughts. Surprised at how everything happened. More so, at how warmth his cheeks suddenly feel. How did it come down to this? Bambam doesn't find a second to care, though and a smile unknowingly curves his lips. Jackson-- he wasn't a bad guy after all it seemed. 

Pressing his lips to the rim of the glass, the young male slowly sips the coffee. However, at the taste-- his face scrunches in faint disgust. Out of all the coffees he had enjoyed. It was an espresso. The only one he didn't. Yet, a laugh bubbles in his chest and Bambam finds himself shaking his head. How ironic. The after taste wasn't as bad.

--

"Ah, it's raining..." The words press against his grey scarf and Bambam silently draws his hand outside the bus shelter, hovering it in midair to capture the light pitter patters of the rain while the coffee pressed against his other palm becomes the only source of his heat.

"It is, so please tell me you have an emergency umbrella somewhere in your bag." Jackson growls, obviously not the slightest bit interested in getting soaked but Bambam shakes his head. "What's wrong with getting a little wet?" He then questions, purposely ignoring the childish scowl that settles on the other's face. "Nothing when its involves me making you wet." The words fall off in a smug manner and Bambam blinks. His eyes narrowing into a glare to avert the attention away from his flustered cheeks (always count on Jackson for being a ert) before he draws his hand back inside to capture the elder’s wrist. There was a low hiss and Jackson eventually finds himself tugged into the heavy rain.

", Bam." He growls, completely unamused with the droplets that were sinking through his shirt and Bambam chuckles. "That's for being a horndog." He calls out a second after and throws his head back, glancing at the darkening sky. "It feels nice, though. Doesn't it? Like the rain is washing away your worries." The youngest explains, totally captivated by the grey clouds and for a second he forgets he's a trainee about to debut. However, when silence becomes his response, Bambam glances back at his quiet friend, his head cocking and his eyebrows arching before a light chuckle escapes his throat. "What? Are you mad I dragged you out here?" The male questions, purposely taunting the other and Jackson scoffs. Though, he doesn't say anything and Bambam finds himself shaking his head before he makes his way towards the other.

"Come on, Mr. Wang. Cheer up. A little rain won't hur--" His words were cut off the moment he sees Jackson lean closer and the youngest, caught off guard, nervously closes his eyes and awaits for what was going to happen next, however, once the soft lips of the other were replaced by a cold hand up his shirt, Bambam shrieks. "F-, Jackson!" The male cries unimpressed and backs away from the other, who by now was erupting into laughter. "What did you think I was going to kiss you?" The oldest teases and Bambam pouts (not admitting he actually was), "I hate you." He then grumbles out like a child but Jackson laughs once more before closing their distance for the nth time that moment. "Sorry," he responds, "but you know that's a lie, you don't hate me," he then draws out in a low voice and Bambam snorts not finding a response to counter that.

"Fine, I don't hate you." And as the words vanish into the thin cold air, the young Thai exhales a sigh. His gaze falling onto the empty bus stand, "but I do miss you."

--

 

"Okay, that's a wrap," and Bambam escapes a breath of relief, a twinkle of gratitude flashing his eyes as Jaebum reaches over to gently ruffle his hair. The clock was hitting 10 and despite being one of the youngest, his limbs were somehow melting-- not in a literal sense (but it could be possible if Jaebum forces them to do another round of practice). Luckily, that doesn't happen and Bambam somehow finds himself flopped on the floor. Brown orbs emptily glancing at the white ceiling as the chatters and exhausted moans from the members around him slip past his attention and it's rather ironic how even after all of the noise Bambam finds himself empty.

Empty because there was a certain presence that wasn't by his side. A certain presence he misses.

"Hey, Bambam, we're heading back to the dorms, you coming?" A voice pipes out and the young male doesn't need to flinch to know it was the voice of the eldest. "Um, I think I'm going to hang out here for a while. Need to polish a certain steps." Bambam all too quickly replies and he doesn't know why because he knows the moves just fine but the thought of going home to an empty bed doesn't sound appealing and Mark hums, considering the thought before glancing over at Jaebum. "Alright. You better be home before midnight. I don't want manager hyung to kill me." Jaebum then takes over the conversation and the youngest nods, giving them a 'okay' signal and as the door squeaks its final shut for the moment, Bambam lets his memories take over.

However, his thoughts fade to black once the same door rustles open and throwing his head back to view the intruder (upside down), Bambam's eyes nearly widen at the new presence. "J-Jackson?' He calls out and as seconds pass with silence as his answer, the younger shakes his head. He then grumbles and adjusts himself back into a lousy sitting position. "Oh god. You're obsessed with him." Bambam murmurs to himself, his palms gently smacking against his cheeks in an attempt to calm himself. "You're seeing him everywhere. Wake up, Bambam. Jackson's with N and Hyuk and Sungjae... not with you." Though, those words create a frown across the Thai's lips and he sighs, dripping his head down in defeat.

"Happy anniversary Jackson." Bambam whispers and deciding it was time to get home, the male shuffles himself back on his feet. His hands lousily brushing down the dust off his clothes before he turns around. However, as eyes glimpse back at Jackson, who didn't vanish like Bambam had predicted, the male’s eyes widen. "W-wait. Why are you still there?" He questions pathetically and a finger is pointed directly at the other. It was then Jackson fell into a huge laughter. His arms encircling his waist as he tries to cool himself.

"You are an idiot." The male then speaks and Bambam's eyes widen some more (if possible) once he realizes that, that was actually his living breathing boyfriend. "You're not a part of my imagination?! What? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be working?" Bambam squeaks, trying to change the topic because the things he had previously said were remembered. 

Wiping the tears against the corner of his eyes, Jackson eventually shakes his head. "I got off early. Told them today was a special day," and Bambam stays silent because he knows just what special day the other was talking about. "Whaa-- did you miss me that much? I mean you seem to be going crazy." The oldest continues, too amused to let the topic go and Bambam groans, avoiding all contact. But it was crazy how easily the emptiness that was following him all day disappears the moment Jackson's beside him.

It was then Jackson exhales a soft breath and the previous amusement washes from his eyes. "Happy anniversary." He whispers but its loud enough for the other to hear and the male then spreads his arms out, waiting for his boyfriend to be back in them. "I'm cold, come warm me up," and Bambam's heart skips a beat as he makes his way towards Jackson and wraps his arms around the other's waist. The duo enjoying their seconds of silence as the younger finally feels like he's at home and pulling away Bambam finally notices the drops of rain that decorated the other's shirt and the pair of coffee cups that was gripped in Jackson's hands.

"I got you an espresso." 

And Bambam finds himself grinning. "Ah, my favourite."

 

 


authors note: wow. the amount of writers block i had for this prompt. anyhow-- i think i failed with the romance part but ... yeah, i have no excuse. im sorry. xc