sick : jackbam & jinmark

igotseven shots `

prompt: mark and bambam get pretty sick (cough, fever the whole shabang) and jr and jackson take care of them respectively (so jr takes care of mark and jackson with bambam).

The room filled with hacks of coughing and Mark groaned before restlessly tossing on his mattress. “This is all your fault, Bambam.” He accused the equally soulless male, who could do no more than whine. A sneeze building up his nose, till he shook his head and whined some more. It wasn’t his fault— it was his stomach that was to be blamed. Besides, no damn weathercaster had informed him of a sudden rainstorm (though, then again did he bother checking the news). “Hyung, no one told you to follow me. It was obvious you were hungry too.” The exhausted blonde pointed back and Mark groaned, snuggling into his blankets. Despite being the oldest, when the redhead was sick— he became as babyish as Bambam. Though, both males were still a pain to look after and as the door to the bedroom opened, curious eyes glanced over at the presence of a familiar face.

"Of course you two still have the energy to argue." Jinyoung complained with a loud ‘tsk’ and on instant Mark replied with a pout. The words to defend his obvious crime stopping at the tip of his tongue as Jinyoung made his way towards the side of his boyfriend’s bed. "Stop bickering with a child that’s half  your age and get some sleep. I don’t want you to get worse." Jinyoung responded, a hint of paternal affection along with personal amusement wavering with his words as he reached over to place his palm against the sick male’s forehead and for the second time, the urge to retort and defend himself was stopped midway. "Fine," Mark then admitted his defeat and watching the younger make way towards Bambam’s bed to do the same, check the surprisingly quiet boy’s temperature, the redhaired stayed silent.

Mostly so he could admire his boyfriend.

"You too, Bambam. Stop picking on your elders and get some rest. You know, Jackson won’t be happy to see his boyfriend sick." Jinyoung then lectured and the youngest of them all, puffed his cheeks slightly. He knew Jackson was too busy with his work but there was an empty feeling that settled by his side and it only grew every time Jinyoung and Mark would share their smile of affection— one, he was isolated from but nodded. Hopefully everything would be over soon.

Making his way back to the door after a couple of seconds, Jinyoung turned to face the two sick boys. A faint smile settling on his lips as he noticed the males were in the midst of finally falling into their awaited slumber and chuckled quietly. “Goodnight.” He then whispered, trying to be as careful as possible before he exited the room and made his way towards the kitchen. A sigh slipped his lips as his eyes scanned the place, aimlessly pondering on what exactly he should cook up for his boys.

—-

As sudden rustling noises grabbed his attention Jinyoung glanced over at the corridor that lead to the door of the apartment. His eyebrows knitting in confusion at whom exactly could be entering the place at such a time and sketched a light smile on his lips once he met a familiar pair of eyes. “Welcome back,” and Jackson offered back the same smile before making his way into the kitchen and beside the other. “Are they alright?” Was his first question and not needing more detail, Jinyoung nodded. “They’ve been sleeping for a couple of hours— I was just going to wake them up to feed them their porridge.” He then informed as both males eventually glanced over at the clock.

It was nearly eight and Jackson looked over at the set of bowls, Jinyoung pulled out after re-heating them. “Bam’s not a fan of porridge though.” The older murmured after a while. “Did you make them yourself?” He then questioned and the younger hummed, leaving out the part about how much times he had to call his mother for help, before he set the bowls on the counter right beside them. “How about we turn it into rice porridge then?” And Jackson finally nodded with a pleasing grin.

—-

"Oh. God. We killed it." Jackson exclaimed, (all with a pokerface) and Jinyoung grumbled, endlessly picking at the white gush with his spoon as if it’d somehow cure their obvious disaster. How hard was it to mix rice with broth— both males apparently didn’t know until now. "It doesn’t look bad." Jinyoung replied, trying to stick to the more positive side and the older snorted. "Are you trying to kill my boyfriend?" He then replied but ironically, walked over to grab two sets of new bowls and the younger blatant out ignored Jackson’s comment as he pressed the tip of the spoon to his lips. Slowly savouring the taste of the new creation as he then lulled his head in thoughts.

"It’s not that bad—" Jinyoung then spoke up and Jackson made his way back to the stove, stealing a light taste of his own before he smacked his lips together and arched a brow. "It’s not actually. What the …" Were then his words and the other laughed, focusing his attention on stirring the porridge some more.

Throwing his own interest then on what’s exactly in the fridge for his own rumbling stomach, Jackson glanced blankly over what was presented to him. “There’s nothing to eat.” He ranted like a two-year and Jinyoung glanced over his shoulder momentarily before making his way towards the other, his own eyes glimpsing through the fridge with the same dissatisfaction. “We could always order in.” He suggested, “eat tauntingly in front of our sick boyfriends’ and both males chuckled, childishly amused at their evil intent.

Until a sudden sniff of smoke grabbed their attention and glancing back over at the neglected stove, both males cursed.

"It’s burning!"

"God ing dammit."

"Jackson, you piece of — help."

I am. I’m by the phone.”

"And how’s that helping?"

"Just who do you think is going to call 911 once our place starts to burn? Casper the friendly ing ghost?"

"… God. I’m going to kill you. I swear it."

—-

Glancing at the remains of their porridge, the males sighed in exhaustion. “At least we saved some of it?” Jackson was now the one that tried to stay positive and Jinyoung snorted, all too unamused with the elder’s cheeky grin. “Shut it, Dr. Phill.” He emotionlessly responded. His whole energy drained from their earlier adventures and the older fell into a light laughter. Though, no more words slipped from either men as they returned back to the bedroom and soon their eyes drew to their respective boyfriends.

"Are you awake, Markeu?" Jinyoung whispered once he reached Mark’s bedside and hearing a soft hum as his reply, the younger occupied a spot at the end of the other’s bed. "We made some rice porridge. Let’s get to the kitchen so I can feed you." There was it again, the amusement that wavered in Jinyoung’s tone and Mark, ignoring the slight redness that crept his cheeks, shuffled gently under his blankets. "I’m sick not broken. I can feed myself." He mumbled just after and the childish frown that settled on his boyfriend’s lips was enough to get him smiling. At that, Mark reached over to poke Jinyoung’s cheek lightly. A gentle, almost weak, chuckle escaping his throat and the youngest leaned, pressing his lips against the redhead. It was sudden but those were the moments that caused a spark to run down their backs and Mark closed his eyes for a mere second before pulling back. "I’m sick," he reminded with a worried pout and Jinyoung smiled. "Idiots don’t get sick. Now, let’s go and eat some homecooked porridge before it gets cold.”

Shuffling onto their feet, the couple glanced over at the other two. “You coming?” The youngest asked and meeting Jackson’s eyes, Jinyoung cocked his head to the side. “Nah, I think I should leave him sleeping. He seems worn out.” Jackson then explained, eyes lowering back to the sleeping Bambam and Jinyoung finally nodded. His hands laced around Mark’s but taking a mere step forward, the male paused once again. “You know…” He then spoke as he averted his attention back on his friend. “Bambam really missed you.”

And Jackson hummed, a light smile spreading his lips as he nodded. “I know.”

There wasn’t much of a conversation after that as Jinyoung finally dragged Mark from out of the bedroom and into the dining room. Settling the boy beside the table before he reached over for one of the bowls and with one look, Mark scrunched in face in disgust. “Did you cook with your eyes closed?” He couldn’t help but question and the other, ignoring the obvious insult, began to stir the bowl lightly. “I had Jackson in the kitchen with me.” He then responded, lifting a spoon filled with the said porridge, Jinyoung then raised it near the older’s mouth. “Say aah~”

"I told you I could eat by myself."

"Eat before I make you sit on my lap."

—-

An exhausted groan slipped from his lips and as a pair of arms tightened around his waist, Bambam lazily fluttered his eyes open. His line of vision brought him to a sleeping Jackson and blinking rapidly, the youngest curved a smile once reality settled in. It always had left Bambam awestruck to witness his sleeping boyfriend. The other always looked peaceful and the younger never had to heart to wake him up.

"Are you going to keep staring at me?" Jackson mumbled, though, his eyes were still closed and Bambam was caught by surprise. "You’re awake?"

Another light hum and the male finally opened his eyes, “couldn’t sleep,” he then explained. “We made some rice porridge, though. Are you hungry?” And snuggling in a bit more, Bambam nearly pressed their forehead together. A couple of seconds taken to just adore the little moment they had going on before he nodded and Jackson curved a light smile . “Let’s go get you some food.”

It took another second — minutes in fact before the couple detached from the comfort of the mattress and the older decided to waste no more time by dragging his still exhausted boyfriend out the bedroom door. “Don’t get scared of the foo—” His words paused once the duo caught the view of the others and arching a brow both Jackson and Bambam watched as Mark struggled under Jinyoung’s grip. The usually calm redhead now squirming, his hand pressed against his boyfriend’s chest in order to keep the other away, as Jinyoung was rather determined in feeding the sick older. ”Just a couple of more bites and you’re done.” He informed, shuffling his chair a bit forward and closing the bare gap between him and the other.

"But this is poisonous, Jinyoung!" Mark cried back and pressed his lips stubbornly tight as Jinyoung edged the spoon to his mouth.

At that, Bambam knew whatever was in that bowl was dangerous and glancing over at Jackson who was evidently amused and entertained with seeing a whining Mark, the young Thai quickly turned around but just as he was about to tip-toe his way back into bed, escape from whatever madness Jackson and Jinyoung cooked up, the back of his collar wad gripped. “Oh, no you don’t.” Jackson’s voice was heard just behind him and Bambam grumbled, curving his best puppy dogs eyes before resulting into some more squirming. “On second thought, I don’t seem hungry.” He explained but once a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, the youngest knew he already lost this battle.

And that is pretty much the tale on how Jackson and Jinyoung forcibly fed their lovable boyfriends.

—-

A few days later—

Puffing his cheeks, Jackson clung to the huge plushie. The cough that was building at his throat being replaced by a squeeze as Jinyoung chuckled, lightly wrinkling his stuffed nose in obvious dissatisfaction. “I don’t like this.” Jackson then complained, eyes glancing— more pleading at his boyfriend who laughed at the cuteness. “No one likes being sick, Jackson~” Bambam nearly sang-song, earning a glare from his lover while Mark scoffed, obviously disgusted by the clear affection.

"And here I genuinely thought idiots couldn’t get sick.” The oldest of them all teased, gazing mockingly at Jackson who only narrowed his glare.

"Shut up, American. Your boyfriend is just as sick." He then defended and Jinyoung groaned, shuffling under his covers before groaning some more.

"Alright you babies. We’ll go cook up something, just rest." Bambam interrupted, knowing very well that a Markson fight would last forever and the oldest nodded. Though, it didn’t last a second till the two sick males erupted into more whines and complaints.

"I don’t need food. Just come here and hug me, Bam." Jackson was the first to shout.

"A kiss would be more satisfying for me, Markeu." Jinyoung then finished and Bambam and Mark shook their heads. "So, we can repeat our sick cycle all over again? Just hug and kiss each other, we’ll be fine with it." Mark had then responded teasingly and the sick duo growled while shuddering at the disturbing thought. Though, knowing it was a war they lost in, the other two seemed somehow persistent in cooking up some food, Jinyoung and Jackson eventually conformed under their blankets.

And finally taking that as a chance to exit the room, Mark glanced at Bambam with a rather wicked smile. “What shall we make? Rice porridge?” He questioned and the youngest snickered, reaching over to swing his arm around the oldest.

"Most definitely." 

 


authors note: i think i failed this prompt. it didn't turn out as cute as i hoped. /cries/ anyhow, do enjoy.