3 - Run Rabbit: Run And Hide

Not afraid of the dark.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

“Run Rabbit”

 

The rules are much like hide and seek.
One person counts from one to ten,
everyone else hides.
The person counting is the “farmer”.
The farmer has to find the first person ,
when they do, they call out “rabbit”,
the first person found becomes the rabbit.
The rabbit has to run while the other players,
except the farmer, runs after him.
The other players becomes the “hounds”.
If the hounds catches the rabbit
then the hounds are to beat up the rabbit
for punishment for being to slow,
but if the hounds fail in chasing the rabbit
within ten seconds
then the hounds get beaten by the farmer
as punishment for allowing the rabbit to get away.
The farmer stays the same
until the hounds succeed in catching the rabbit,
the farmer then has to choose
the best hound to be the next farmer.

 

(This ‘game’ was adopted from Authornim Kuma-rin)

 

 

 

- 0 -

 

 

 

Footsteps.

 

All that Yifei could hear are footsteps.

 

His footsteps.

 

The bad man is following them.

 

“Noona, where are we going?” Little Jongdae whispers, breathless. They have been running for around ten minutes now, but for there little legs, it would seem like hours have passed by. He wants to cry, but he can’t, Yifei noona said not to make any sounds. He wants his eomma. He wants his appa. He wants his fluffy blanky. He is so tired, but they can’t stop, the bad man might get them. Appa, where are you? You said you’ll always find Dae-Dae. Where are you Appa. Dae-Dae wants his Minseok hyung too. The little boy could feel the tears prickling, and he silently lets them fall, just making sure not to make any sound.

 

“Noona?” Jongdae whispers again, Yifei was too busy making sure that the bad man doesn’t get to close. Noona said they still need to keep on moving but little Jongdae is really tired, he wants to rest for a while. He pulls Noona’s dress to get her attention. Dae-Dae is really tired.

 

“Shhh. Don‘t make any sound. He might hear us. Don‘t worry, okay?” Yifei did her best to comfort the younger one. Baba always said that if ever there was a chance that she get separated from everyone else, she should keep herself safe and calm. She just have to wait, Baba will find them. Yifan gege will find them. Yeolie will find them. They will find Yifei and Jongdae.

 

“Noona, I‘m tired… I have a boo-boo… on my kneesies…  and my feets hurts.” Little Jongdae’s voice, though hushed, was breaking, he really is in the verge of tears. Poor baby, he doesn’t even know or understand why the bad man is chasing after them.

 

It’s been a few minutes without hearing anything, Yifei thought that they have finally lost the bad man, but as she starts to relax, she hears the rustling of leaving and twig being snapped on the forest floor. Jongdae whimpers but she immediately hushes him.

 

Yifei, you’re very good at climbing trees, whenever you need to hide, never forget that climbing trees is one of the best ways to hide. Yunho seonsangnim once told her that if she need to hide, she can climb trees, it’s a good thing that Yifan ge taught her.

 

“Young miss, where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are.”

 

“Come out and play little girl, we‘re gonna have so much fun together.”

 

“Come out. Oppa is very good at playing games.”

 

The man’s voice was sickly sweet, taunting the little children. He tried to silence his movement but it was impossible, his movement were sloppy and erratic, he has one bullet on his right arm and two lodged in his left leg. The forest floor was filled with dried leaves and twig, with his weight, each step and drag of his injured leg creates a sound that is used to the children’s advantage.

 

“If you don‘t come out, I‘ll start getting mad, and if I‘m mad, I tend to do bad things to little children.” The man was starting to lose his patience, he growls out in frustration. He was bleeding out, he doesn’t have the time to look for the children, but he couldn‘t just leave them, they saw him, he needs to get them or they could point him out, but he needs to hurry, it was impossible for the shots to be not heard, The Organization will rain down on him, the little heiress was his ticket to getting out of this mess alive.

 

Yifei covers Jongdae‘s mouth with her hand before she starts whispering to him, she plans on hiding the two of them high up on the trees, there was a particularly narrow one that she thinks the bad man can’t climb up on. But first, she needs to explain things to little Jongdae, it would be much easier for her if the younger one could climb trees as well as she can.

 

“Jongdaennie, we need to climb up the tree to hide.” Little Jongdae just looks at her, waiting for her say more, the little heir was too tired and scared to answer properly. He was terrified to that he’ll make a loud sound, which is a big no no right now. 

 

“Does Jongdaennie know how to climb a tree?”

 

“We have too climb the tree,” Yifei points at the tree beside the one in front of her. She struggles to keep her voice very low, making sure that only the little boy could hear her, she hopes that the little boy does know how to climb trees. There were still tears on the little boy’s eyes, but he nods hesitantly, Yifei starts to pull him towards the tree she picked when the little boy spoke up.

 

“But noona, Dae-Dae isn‘t very good at it,” The little boy’s words were accompanied by quite sniffles, “hard for Dae-Dae to hold on.” He tries his very best to stop himself from further crying, he remembers Noona saying that the bad man might hear them, if he does, he’ll find them. He doesn’t want the bad man to find him, he looks scary, he looks like he’ll hurt Dae-Dae and Noona.

 

“Don‘t worry, noona will --” Yifei was cut off, the bad man was really angry now.

 

“I said come out you little piece of ” The bad man’s patience had run out. He was starting to panic, he needs to leave the scene or he’s as good as dead. He can’t afford to die, he has no plan on dying yet.

 

The bad man shouting startled Jongdae, getting a squeak out of him. The small sound almost gave the little girl a heart attack, she instantly looked from left to right, wanting to know right away if the bad man heard them. Thankfully, it seems that panicking male was to wrapped up in his distress that he wasn’t able to hear the tiny voice.

 

Yifei was too scared to stay in that area any longer, with another glance to her left, then to her right, she slowly started moving little Jongdae and herself to a more safe location. She slowly pulls the younger one behind her, making a ‘shhh’ gesture to him, she then painstakingly moves quietly as she can towards the big bushes that she sees.

 

 

 

- 0 -

 

 

 

“Run Run Run Little RABBIT!!!”

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

Yifan instantly turns around, hands flying towards Chanyeol to take hold of the younger one. Chanyeol’s eyes were round with shock, “What was that?” Chanyeol bellows as he was pushed to the ground by Yifan, who also pushed by his bodyguard. The two boys ended up being covered by the large man. They listened as Yifan’s bodyguard shouted as the tiny microphone pined to his collar.

 

“SECURE THE PERIMETER!”

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

“Hyung, wait. Junmyeon hyung ran the other way.” Chanyeol tries to stand up, but it was very hard considering there were two people pining him down. Yifan was struggling to stand up as well, he doesn’t want Junmyeon in danger, he was his friend. Though they were trying there best, the strength of the two little boys were no match for the grown man pinning them down.

 

“Dammit you two, stay down.”

 

Bang.

 

Bang. 

 

Bang.

 

Bang.

 

“GET THE CHILDREN TO SAFETY!”

 

“Junmyeon hyung!”

 

“SOMEONE GET TO KIM JUNMYEON  NOW!”

 

As their Hyung shouted at his microphone, they were pulled upright, slightly rough in manner but that was to be expected with what just happened. They could see the other children being gathered but there were tiny commotions in the field. Zitao was trying his best to break free from the bodyguard who got to him first, he spotted Yifan and wanted to run over to him.

 

“Master Tao, listen to your bodyguard…” Yifan’s bodyguard directs to Zitao, “just for today Master Tao,” he added when he saw the young heir’s face, he really wants to shout at the boy but that would be wrong and may just lead to a tantrum that they do not need right now, so instead he calmly talks to him. The little boy pouted, he obviously wants to go with his favorite gege. But Yifan’s bodyguard already has his hands full with both Yifan and Chanyeol, it was better for someone else to take care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter