Chapter 9: Japan

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong entered one of Mr. Lee’s many hotels. This hotel was a special one. The top two floors were offices for Mr. Lee and some staff that helped him run the hotels.

Mr. Lee had asked for Chanmi to come in to work and help with a new project he was working on in Japan.  The sun had set already and the stars were beginning to shine when Jaejoong got home from work so he decided to pick up Chanmi. He didn’t want her to drive home alone so late at night.

“Oh Mr. Kim” the receptionist greeted him. “Mr. Lee and Mrs. Kim are upstairs in his office. Would you like me to announce you?”

Jaejoong nodded and walked over to the elevator. When it arrived he stepped in and pressed the button of the last floor.

When he arrived at the right floor he got out of the elevator and walked towards Mr. Lee’s office. Every staff that he passed greeted him. They were all familiar with him since he was Chanmi’s husband. It was the same whenever Chanmi went to his work.

Once he was at Mr. Lee’s office he knocked. The door was then opened by Mr. Lee’s secretary who let Jaejoong go inside.

Jaejoong walked in smiling as he saw his beautiful wife hard at work with her fingers typing away at the computer. He knew she was working hard when she didn’t even look up to see him.

“What a nice surprise Jaejoong. I didn’t expect for you to come by today” Mr. Lee said as he put down the papers in his hands.”

Jaejoong gave Mr. Lee a small bow before sitting down in the empty chair in front of him. “It’s good to see you are well Mr. Lee.”

“I’m happy I got to spend the day with my Chanmi.” He looked over at his daughter that hadn’t stopped what she was doing despite having her husband in front of her. “I still can’t get used to living without her.”

“Appa don’t say things that will make me sad especially when I’m working or I’ll slow down” Chanmi said without stopping the movement of her fingers.

Mr. Lee and Jaejoong laughed seeing Chanmi’s dedication to what she was doing. “So Jaejoong how will you be able to handle living alone for the week Chanmi will be in Japan?”

The question caught Jaejoong off guard. “What?” He hadn’t heard about Chanmi going to Japan. “I didn’t know she was going to Japan.”

Chanmi then finished the work she had started since the afternoon and closed the laptop. “I forgot to tell you. Next week I will be going to Japan to handle some business for my dad.”

“I’m sorry to be such a bother to Chanmi and to you Jaejoong for taking her from you on such short notice but only she can handle what has to be done.” Mr. Lee apologized feeling bad for Jaejoong. He knew all too well the feeling of suddenly being left to live alone.

“No need for apologies. I understand since I too have had to leave for sudden trips and left her alone at home. Now I guess it’s my turn to experience being alone.”

Mr. Lee felt at ease knowing he hadn’t caused a problem between his daughter and her husband. “I’m relieved then.”

“I told you there was no need to worry.” Chanmi got out of her cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter