Chapter 6: Insecurities

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanmi! Chanmi just wait, let me explain!” Jaejoong hurried out of his room trying to catch up to his runaway girlfriend.

“I don’t want to talk to you Jaejoong!” Chanmi emphasized his name knowing he didn’t like it when she called him by it. She didn’t care about what he liked at the moment since he didn’t seem to care about her either.

Mrs. Kim was just about to go upstairs but stops as she sees Chanmi descending fast. She noticed the unhappy look on Chanmi’s face and knew something was wrong. “What’s wrong my dear?”

Chanmi held in her emotions not wanting to worry Mrs. Kim. “I’m sorry Mrs. Kim I just have to go now.” Not letting Mrs. Kim say anything else Chanmi ran towards the door.

The front door shut close just as Jaejoong got downstairs. He knew she was gone by now and wouldn’t be able to catch up to her.

Mrs. Kim crossed her arms and looked at Jaejoong with anger. “What did you do this time Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong sighed as he sat down on the stairs. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Just because you think it’s not wrong doesn’t mean Chanmi thinks the same. “ Mrs. Kim sat down beside him. “Like last time. You thought it was okay to host Han Barbie’s birthday party yourself instead of Junsu. Chanmi on the other hand almost broke up with you because not only is Barbie her enemy from childhood but you also have a history with Barbie that involves the old Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong covered his face with his hands as he remembered the moment his mother was talking about. “Don’t even remind me of that mom. I know now that it was a mistake.”

“Well then tell me what you did this time and I’ll tell you what you did wrong.”

He uncovered his face and turned to his mother. “You remember Chanmi’s modeling debut photos from the magazine?”

“Of course, how could I forget?” She took her phone out of her pocket and turned the screen on to reveal one of Chanmi’s pictures. “I’ve been showing it to my friends saying she is my future daughter-in-law and they all became jealous.”

“Well the pictures were a big hit and the modeling agency Chanmi is with began to get lots of offers for her contract. The agency rejected all the offers wanting to keep her but now they want her to work more.”

“I don’t see a problem with that.”

“Mom” Jaejoong whined. “Chanmi and I hardly see each other sometimes because I have to be taking care of overseas business since father can’t fly and now if she works more with the modeling then it’s more time taken away from us.” He sighed, “Besides that’s not the worst part.”

Mrs. Kim shook Jaejoong’s arm. “Jaejoong just tell me already.”

“They want her to do an advertisement with a male model. Obviously I told her she couldn’t do it because no other man besides me should be able to put their hands on her.”

Mrs. Kim sighed as she shook her head. “Jaejoong modeling isn’t real. Even if she were to model with a guy it’s just posing for a picture nothing more. She isn’t like you Jae. She is a loyal girl. She would never think about cheating on you with a guy who she is taking pictures with and then never seeing again.”

Jaejoong became silent for a moment after hearing his mother’s explanation. “You’re right mom. The only reason I’m acting this way and telling her I don’t want her modeling with another guy is because I feel she might leave me for him or worse cheat on me.”

“You are having insecurities because you truly love Chanmi. But you know Jaejoong. Multiply what you are feeling by ten and you will know how Chanmi feels. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter