One

Bad Behavior

Yoo Hojung entered the brightly lit, neighborhood basketball courts. She saw two out of her four friends sitting on the bleachers and went over. She made small talk with Jaebum and Jinyoung while waiting.

“Think fast.” Jinyoung chucked the ball at her. Hojung slapped her hands on the basketball and gave him a pointed look while he and Jaebum laughed. The corner of her lips curled into a smirk.

Hojung dribbled the ball between her tan legs when a figure whizzed by and stole the ball from her. Startled, she looked up and blinked at her closest friend since sixth grade. The black cap on his head covered his eyes, only showing his glowing smile.

Jackson tilted his head back and gave her a teasing look. Hojung furrowed her eyebrows. “Yah, Wang Mandu.”

“Wang Jr.” Hojung laughed at Jackson’s nickname for her, causing him to chuckled along. In a flash, he took off with the ball.

Hojung ran after him  and attempted to block all of his shots. Jackson dodged her and sprinted to the left. He bent his knees and flicked his wrist, sending the ball into the air. Hojung watched as the ball swiftly made it into the basket and grimaced.

“Yes!” Jackson pumped his fist in glory.

Hojung gave him a look and went after the ball. She tossed the ball between her hands and walked back to Jackson. He slightly tilted his chin down and stared at her. “If I make this next basket, you have to do whatever I say. Okay?” She held out her slender pinky.

Jackson glanced at Hojung’s pinky and then at her. The corners of his lips twitched upwards into a beam. “Deal.” He laced his pinky with hers and suddenly pulled her into his body. “But if I make the basket, you have to kiss me.” He said in a serious voice.

Hojung stared into his soft, brown eyes. There was a sparkle of mischief. She felt her heart slightly accelerate and a small heat crept up the back of her neck. “Fine.” She pressed her thumb against his and shoved the ball into his chest.

Jackson bounced the ball three times before looking up. He saw Jaebum and Jinyoung standing next to Hojung. “Yah! This is cheating.” He pointed.

Hojung simply tied her long hair into a messy bun and smiled widely. “Get over it.” She teased. Jaebum and Jinyoung laughed and got into position.

Jackson narrowed his eyes and chucked it towards her. Hojung slammed the ball back to him and the match began. Jackson ran with the ball down the court when Jinyoung stole it from him. Jinyoung passed the ball to Jaebum and he ran with it. Hojung waved her arms and the ball went sailing towards her. She caught it and tossed it into the air. The ball bounced off the backboard and everyone watched in anticipation. Unfortunately, the ball missed the basket.

“Damn.” Hojung cursed and snapped her fingers. She had to win.

Jackson whisked the ball and sprinted to the other side. Hojung ran towards him and did her best at blocking him. She slapped the ball out of his grasp and he stood there, dumbfounded. “What the hell.” Jackson smirked in disbelief and jogged after her. He came from behind her and Hojung squealed. A wide smile split his lips as he reached for the ball.

Her back was pressed to his chest and for a moment, Jackson forgot about the game. Hojung noticed Jackson’s arms around her and she fumbled. Jaebum used the opportunity of distraction to snatch the ball away. He ran towards Jinyoung and threw the ball in the air. Hojung and Jackson watched as the ball  made it into the net.

Jaebum and Jinyoung slapped each other high fives and then looked at the two. “Both of you, on the ground.” Jinyoung pointed to the asphalt.

“We were on the same team!” Hojung shouted, surprised by his sudden command. Jackson chortled at her misfortune.

“Get down.” Jaebum snarled in a joking matter. Jinyoung bursted into laughter.

Hojung dropped down to her knees with a scowl. “Screw you guys.”

“If you could, you would.” Jinyoung commented and Jaebum cackled.

She chased after him. “Yeah! Get him!” Jackson cheered her on. Hojung glanced back and grinned at him. Suddenly, she plowed into a sturdy body.

“Holy .” Mark caught Hojung around the waist and held her steady. Hojung looked up and felt her breath being taken away from her. Mark smiled his million dollar smile that made her weak at the knees. He straightened her up and let go of her waist. “Hey Hojung.”

“Hi.” She breathed out as he walked by. A hard shoulder shoved past her and she turned her head. Tasha, Mark’s girlfriend of four months, sauntered away with a scathing look.

Hojung let out a long breath and took a seat on the cold, metal bleachers.

Jaebum and Jinyoung were a team while Mark and Jackson made their own duo. Tasha pumped her first and cheered Mark on in a cute manner. Hojung gave a small smile and clapped. She could feel Tasha’s heated glare on the back of her head but chose to ignore it.

After a half hour of a serious basketball match, the boys ended up goofing around and being silly.

Tasha gave Mark and adorable beam and wiped the sweat of his forehead. Mark smiled and rubbed his nose with hers. She squealed and turned her head. Hojung excused herself from Jackson and headed towards the water fountains near the restrooms.

From the corner of her eye, Tasha saw Hojung leave. Her lips curved into a devious smile. “I’ll be right back, oppa.” She cooed and brushed Mark’s red hair out of his face.

Tasha’s hips swayed side to side as she made her way over to Hojung. She leaned against the wall and watched Hojung peacefully drink water. Tasha stepped forward and slapped Hojung’s hand off the metal button. Hojung straightened up and looked back.

“You must have been so happy.” Tasha spat. Her arms were crossed over her chest and a perfectly shaped eyebrow was arched.

Hojung stared at her with a blank face. “What are you talking about?”

Tasha scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Don’t play stupid. You planned your little bump with Mark oppa, hoping he would catch you and you got your wish. You must be on cloud nine right now.”

“That was an accident.” Hojung stated. Wanting to escape the situation and Tasha, she took a step but was pulled back.

Tasha let go of Hojung’s arm and looked at her. “Too bad he has no interest in you. He never will.” Slowly, Hojung raised her head and stared Tasha right in the eyes. “I mean you can’t blame Mark oppa. You’re just not his style and never will be. I hate to tell you this, but you’re not good enough, Hojung.” Tasha mockingly frowned as she pinched the collar of Hojung’s black flannel.

Tears started forming in Hojung’s eyes. Her body went rigid as Tasha traced a manicured fingernail down her nose. “You can always fix things though.” She hinted.

Hojung turned her head and met eyes with her. Tasha tilted her head to the side with a wide smile that showed nothing but wickedness. Hojung clenched her hand into a fist and swung upwards.

“Aaah!” Tasha crumpled to the ground.

The boys stopped chatting and ran over to them immediately. Hojung’s eyes were pinned to Tasha. Jackson stared wide-eyed at Tasha and then at Hojung. Jaebum and Jinyoung stood frozen behind Jackson.

“YOO HOJUNG! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ING MIND?!” Mark furiously yelled. He wrapped his arms around Tasha and helped her up. She held onto her nose and tears stained her eyes. “WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM?” He growled in her face.

Hojung stared at him, expressionless. She unclenched her fist and glanced at Jackson. She brushed past them, making her way towards the gates. “Are you jealous?” Mark questioned.

Jackson stopped Mark from taking a step forward. “Stop.” He said in a stern voice.

Hojung froze. She whipped her head around and glared at Mark with tears in her eyes. “Think what you want.” She hissed before hastily making her way out.