Four.

I'm Yours (Hiatus)

 

 

Hey, guys! It's been a long time huh? Sorry, it took this long for me to update. It's just that my ideas are all juggled up. And I can't put them all together. Anyways, I have read a number of fanfics with this style of writing, so I thought, why don't I try it too? hehe.. Tell me if you like this new style okay? and omo! I was spazzing like crazy because YunHyo is just so adorable at SMTOWN NYC! 

So, enough with this author's thinggy~~ hope you like this chapter! Here you go...

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I never knew shopping for the perfect engagement dress could be this hard. My mother had practically dragged me into all the boutiques, and not just those ordinary ones that you see around, but designer boutiques! Of course I know that I have to look good, for it will be a shame if I stand there tonight next to the mighty Jung Yunho looking like nothing compared to the others.

 

Okay, so back to the shopping, my mother is now holding a cream colored floor length gown with intricate beading details in the hem. Did I mention that we are currently inside a Marchesa store? Really? My mom would willingly spend this much money?

 

“Dear, what do you think of this one? Isn’t it divine?”

 

“Uhh..Yeah, sure.” Actually, one thing that I hate more than dresses are gowns! But seeing my mother’s eyes twinkle with happiness, I might just have to give in.

 

“I know that you don’t really favor this at all Hyoyeon, but maybe you and Yunho can try and make this marriage work.”

 

Yeah right mom, what did I do to deserve this? I have been nothing but an obedient and good daughter all my life.

 

“Uhmm..I’ll try mom.” I answered. Truth is, how will I make it work? Reality check, he is the mighty Jung Yunho. Heir to one of Korea’s biggest company, and oh, a total jerk, playboy, meanie…

 

“Mom, do I really need to wear a gown? Won’t a cocktail dress be fine?”

 

“It’s an engagement party Hyoyeon-ah! You need to be as formal as possible. And besides, you will be the star of the night. All eyes will be on you. Jung Yunho’s soon to be wife!” my mother said in excitement.

 

Okay, so I might try and look my best wearing a gown tonight. But I have to pick something that like. Aish, and that means I have to wear high heels too.

 

I went out of the store and left my mother who by the way is still picking gowns. I continued to look around when my eyes caught a white Grecian inspired gown. It’s not too long and the details are plainly simple, but the overall aura of it is breathtaking. I continued to stare at the gown when I felt my mother beside me.

 

“Looks like you found what you are looking for my dear.” She said before pushing me enthusiastically inside the store. Just then, the sales clerk approached us.

 

“Miss, my daughter would like to try that gown.” My mother told the woman while pointing at the white garment.

 

‘Of course.” The woman then guided me into the far end of the store where the dressing rooms are located .After a while, she came back with the gown in hand.

 

I tried it on and I almost couldn’t believe my eyes. Is it alright if I say that I look wonderful in this gown?

 

“Eomma?”  I called my mom to let her see what I look like.

 

“Yes dear?”

 

“Come here inside.”

 

My mother came inside and her jaw dropped.

 

“Aigoo~ my daughter looks so beautiful” She said with sparkling eyes. I smiled at her before looking at myself again in the mirror.

 

Will he think of that too?  Huh? When did I suddenly care of what he will think?!

 

So mom paid for the gown, not minding the price. It’s 2 in the afternoon, and the party will start at 6 in the evening. Mom started to freak out since I still have to get ready and that means hair and makeup, nails and other stuffs. So we hurriedly went back home.

 

When I entered the house, three people that I have never seen my whole life walked up to me and examined me from head to toe.

 

“Oh, so you are Mr. and Mrs. Kim’s daughter!”

 

"Uh, yes, who are you?”

 

“We’re here to help you get ready for the party.” Another lady answered as she unpacks the things from the kit she’s holding.

 

I shot an alarming look at my mother. She simply smiled at me.

 

“Don’t worry dear, its fine. Now why don’t you go and wash up? And be fast!” Eomma told me as she pushes me up the stairs.

 

I took a nice and refreshing shower. Then the next thing I know, those people are already applying all sorts of make up at my face and arguing what my hair should be.

 

After an hour and a half sitting in front of the mirror, finally, it’s done. They helped me get into the gown.

 

I looked at myself from the full body mirror and stared at my reflection. I have never looked this good to be honest, since I really don’t like dressing up. But tonight, I look different.

 

Am I really getting into this mess? Okay, I admit, Yunho’s definitely a dashing debonair, but I have a feeling that this marriage just won’t work. Or will it?

 

I woke up from my trance when I heard my bedroom door open and revealed my parents already dressed and ready to go. 

 

“Are you ready dear?” Appa asks.

 

“Neh, are we going?”

 

“Yes, the car is waiting for us downstairs.”

 

We made our way out of the house and stepped into the car. So this is it. The whole world will know me. Jung Yunho’s soon to be wife.

 

 

*******************************************

 

 

The ride to the hotel was like a lifetime, I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Finally, we arrived at the Park Hyatt. And I can already see reporters swarming in front of the hotel lobby. I tensed a little. But, they don’t know that I’m the one who’s engaged to Yunho right?

 

We stepped out of the car and as if on cue, lots of reporters gathered around us. My parents held my hand tightly as one of the event organizers guided us inside.

 

I can feel all eyes on me as we walk inside the large ballroom.

 

“Dr. Kim, is this your wife and daughter?” One man clad in a business suit with a glass of wine in his hands approached my father. My mom and I smiled warmly at him.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kwon, I’d like you to meet my wife, and my daughter.” Appa introduces us. They then talked about medical stuffs that I have no interest whatsoever.

 

Weird, I suddenly thought of Yunho. Now, where is he? He’s supposed to be here right?  I excused myself and decided to walk around, occasionally smiling to those who are looking at me. I saw Mr. and Mrs. Jung at one side of the ballroom, talking to one of their colleagues. They both smiled at me when they saw me. I smiled back at them. 

 

“Hey dummy…”

 

I felt myself stop. That voice… it’s his.

 

I turned around and saw Yunho standing before me. A little too close. A smirk plastered in his face. He looks so damn good in his suit I must admit. I can see the other women in this room ogling and gawking at him.

 

“I told you, I am not a dummy!” I restrained myself from screaming. I don’t want to create havoc.  Why is he so annoying?!

 

“You look great tonight for a dummy, Hyoyeon.” He continued to tease me. Urgghh!

 

Wait, did he just say I look great? Uhh, there it goes again, that uneasy feeling in my stomach.  Hyoyeon, calm yourself down!

 

“You look great too Yunho.” I summoned the nicest fake smile I can give.

 

“I’m not sure if I can do this. I mean, this is too much for me. I can’t be married to you.”

 

He looked down at me, his face a few inches from mine now. He stared at me with great intent. And I can’t help but be lost at those orbs of his. I almost forgot to breathe!

 

“Are you sure about that? Every woman would kill just to be in your position Hyoyeon. And here you are, refusing?” He said, still locking his eyes with mine.

 

“But you can pick whoever you want. I’m sure you’ll have no problem with that.”

 

“Tssk, tssk. I don’t want to get into trouble, so I’m just being obedient to my parents. Just like you. And besides, we can divorce anytime.”

 

So that’s what he thinks? Divorce? Won’t he at least try to make this work?!

 

I walked past at him, only to be pulled back.

 

“Remember what we talked about the other day?”

 

Oh, right. We have to act all lovey-dovey tonight. Urghh!

 

I was about to answer back when a loud voice interrupted us.

 

“Yes everyone, we are announcing the engagement of our son Yunho to the daughter of our good friend, Ms. Kim Hyoyeon!”  Mr. Jung happily announced.

 

Suddenly, all eyes were on us. We are now the center of attention.

 

My eyes widened in surprise. And I felt a hand on my waist. I looked up and found Yunho beside me.

 

Wait! Why is his hand on my waist? Andwae!!!

 

Cameras are flashing nonstop as pictures of us are being taken.

 

“Just follow my lead.” He whispered into my ear. I shuddered at his actions. And my heart skipped a beat! I smiled convincingly and wrapped my trembling hands on his arms, as we both walk forward and meet the cheers and gazes of the entire world.

 

____________________________________________________________________________