Twelve.

I'm Yours (Hiatus)

 

"I would like to thank our friend, Mr. Chance for guiding the way to a beautiful dance."

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Having her in my life, it’s like a new ray of sunshine has been brought down upon me. Being with her has made me realize what the important things in life are, and they are certainly not material ones. That one can actually be happy with just a simple smile from someone who is important to you.

 

I know that she has already confessed her feelings to me. But I myself am not sure of my own feelings for her. All I know is that I feel very happy when I am with her. Especially when she smiles, that lovely look deep in her eyes when she looks at me. I can be myself when I’m around her…and I like it.

 

The reason why I didn’t protest about this marriage –well, maybe at first but things change you know- is that she isn’t like most women that would directly throw themselves at me. She has this pure and innocent look that can even haunt you in your dreams. I actually found it entertaining when she was so persistent in cutting the wedding off, for I know that a lot of other women would kill just to be in her place.

 

But the moment she kissed me…I felt something different. I admit that I have kissed others before, but what we shared was something –I think- much more special.

 

“Yunho have you asked Hyoyeon what colors she wants for the motif?” My mom’s frantic voice echoed my office. Wait, how did she get inside without me noticing it? Why didn’t my secretary inform me?

 

“No. Not yet, and why are you shouting mom?” I stood up from my comfortable chair, walked towards my delirious mother and kissed her on the cheeks.

 

“You’re asking me why I’m being like this? The wedding’s going to be in 4 months!”She shrieked this time, and I had to cover my ears to protect them from any damage later on. Wow…that’s quite near to be honest. Time really does fly fast.

 

“If that’s the case then I’ll just call her.” I was about to pick up my phone when she stopped me.

 

“Wait! What if you two discuss it over dinner?” My mother’s eyes were twinkling upon her request.

 

But I actually liked the idea myself. I smiled secretly, not wanting my mother to see for she sure will overreact in pure happiness.

 

“Alright.” I answered and with that she spun on her heels and walked out of my office.

 

I slumped back on my chair as I rub my temples, thinking of a good place to bring Hyoyeon later on tonight. I fiddled with my phone first before deciding to call her.

 

“Yunho?” I heard her voice on the other line and I immediately smiled.

 

“Hey.” My voice sounded calm, thank God.

 

“Is there a problem?”

 

“Nothing really, it’s just that my mom is asking me if you already have a color in mind for the motif.”

 

“Oh, that. Actually I haven’t decided yet. Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

 A few seconds of silence followed suit. I’m not really sure how I can ask her out.

 

“Uhmm…Yunho? Are you still there?”

 

“Are you free for tonight?”

 

“Why?” By the sound of her voice, I think she’s being a tease.

 

“Well…because I kind of want to invite you for dinner.”

 

There was a long excruciating silence What if she’s busy? What if she says no?

 

“Okay!” She finally answered with much enthusiasm.

 

“Great. I’ll have the driver pick you up at 7.” I smiled, though obviously she cannot see it. But still, you’re supposed to smile when you feel happy…and that’s exactly what I feel now.

 

After the call ended, I spent my free time browsing through restaurant brochures –courtesy of my ever diligent secretary- trying to find the perfect one. Minutes had past and I finally found it. I called Miyoung, my secretary, to make a reservation –and well, to prepare for some other things.

 

..............................

 

 

I am standing nervously at the moment as I look around the place. I specifically told my secretary to close the restaurant for the night, so I and Hyoyeon are the only customers. The Italian restaurant boasts a really romantic ambiance, perfect for what I just planned. And I hope it turns out fine.

 

The dimly lit place is well decorated, perfect just like what I imagined it to be. Candles are the only source of light, the floor is covered with different colored roses and a table for two is centered at the heart of the restaurant. Did I mention that two violin players are also in sight?

 

I am fixing my cuffs when the doors opened. Hyoyeon entered, and her eyes immediately met mine as a smile form on both of our lips. She walked towards me in such an elegant fashion, wearing a cream colored dress that falls just a little below her knee. I held her hand as I lead her to the table. I can tell that she’s somewhat pleased with the setting as her eyes wander around the place.

 

“Wow! I never knew the Jung Yunho has this romantic side to him.” She said upon sitting down, her eyes still not leaving mine.

 

“Well it came to me that we never had a formal date. You know, just the two of us.”

 

The waiter came in and started pouring the champagne on each of our glasses, as the romantic melody coming from the violin envelope the place.

 

“Thanks. This is really…heart-warming.” She blushed. And my heart stopped beating for a moment there.

 

Everything went smoothly as I planned. We talked about the most random things as we had our dinner. And the sound of her laughter echoing the entire place is like music to my ears.

 

 

..............................

 

 

“May I have this dance?” I asked her in my most charming voice as I held out my hand. She looked up to me like a lost kid or something.

 

“Uhh…Yunho, I…I don’t r-really know how to dance.” Her voice barely came out as a whisper.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.” I reassured her and she finally took my hand as I lead her to the dance floor. I carefully placed my hands on her waist as she puts hers on my shoulders. The sweet serenade of the music seemed to help her relax a bit.

 

“Just follow my lead.” I whispered into her ear as I moved to the melody of the music.

 

Not taking our eyes off each other, we danced as if no one is around, like we are the only ones in the world right now. Maybe it was a great idea after all that we are to wed each other. I never thought that ii would ever feel this way again. Holding her close to me is enough to make my heart race.

 

“You look wonderful tonight.”I said to her. She looked down and I saw her face blush. God, she’s so cute.

 

“Thank you.”  I held her closer to me as she leans her head on my chest. We stayed like that for moments not wanting to anyone or anything to ruin this perfect scene.

 

This is it. This is what I’ve been waiting for, the very reason why I took her out tonight. I can feel my insides turning upside down as I pray that nothing will completely go wrong. I pulled away from her and she frowned at the sudden gesture. I lifted her hand to turn her around and as I did so, I swiftly let go of her hand and bent down on one knee before she can turn to face me.

 

I watched her surprised face as she found me kneeling in front of her. I summoned up all of my courage. And I have never felt this nervous my entire life.

 

“Yunho, w-what are you d-doing?” Her face showed all signs of confusion.

 

“I know that we are already engaged, and I know that maybe it’s too late for this. But I want to do it in a proper manner.” I reached for my side pocket and produced a small black velvet box. She gasped and looked at me, tears very visible from her eyes.

 

“Yunho…”

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, will you marry me?”

 

I can feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead as I await her answer. She smiled at me first before uttering the words I’ve been dreading to hear.

 

“Yes. Yes!” Tears started to roll down her face.

 

I slipped the ring on her before lifting her off her feet and I spun her around. She encircled her arms around me, her tears freely falling.

 

“Why are you crying?” I asked her, finally putting her down before we get dizzy with all the spinning. I brushed her tears away using my thumb.

 

“I’m just happy.” She smiled through her tears. I gently caressed her face and I slowly leaned closer to her. She still hasn’t taken her arms off me. Our eyes locked at each other and it seems that like I can stay forever lost in her eyes.

 

I slowly placed my lips on hers. She pulled me closer and I tightened my hold on her.  I noticed that I have been doing this lately; I just can’t seem to pull away from her sweet lips. They’re very intoxicating.

 

I know that my feelings for her aren’t exact yet but all I know is that I’m willing to feel it again, the feeling of being in love. I haven’t exactly experienced that ever since she left me.

 

 

..............................

 

 

“So do you like the ring?” I asked her. We’re now making our way out of the restaurant, hand in hand.

 

“Yeah, it’s beautiful.” She gazed at the ring on her finger and looked up to me with bright eyes. “Thank You.”

 

I squeezed her hand as I smile down on her. I suggested to her if we could walk around for a bit first before I take her home and she agreed gladly. We walked slowly, enjoying the silence. No words need to be exchanged. It’s nearly 9 in the evening but many people are still outside.

 

“Oh look! Those kids are so cute.” She exclaimed happily. I turned to the direction she’s looking at and there were 3 kids playing and running around.

 

“Yah, you want kids already?” I , and I was surprised too with what I said.

 

“Bwoh? Aniyo!” She pushed me playfully as I chuckled at her response.

 

“What? You don’t want to have kids?”  I continued to , she’s so cute when she’s like this.

 

“Aish. Maybe at the right time.”

 

“Hmm…when is that right time then?” I pulled her to me, not minding the people passing by. I rested my forehead against hers and admired her beautiful face. I attempted to kiss her right there and then, but to my surprise she pushed me away and started to run away from me.

 

“Hyoyeon get back here!”

 

“Then try and catch me!” She stuck her tongue out at me and giggled as she continued to run.

 

I ran after her and no matter how far she is, I can hear her laughter. Oh that woman!

 

I was already a few feet away from her when my eyes caught sight of something…or someone getting out of a white car.I froze instantly and my heart started to beat frantically. It seems that I’m gasping for air all of a sudden. I’m not sure if my assumption is right. The person turned to my direction and I almost forgot to breathe.

 

“Yunho, what’s wrong?” I heard Hyoyeon spoke next to me while slipping her hands in mine. I didn’t notice that she was beside me already. She must have seen me freeze at my spot.

 

I didn’t answer her as I was still staring intently at the woman across the street -the woman whom I have fallen in love with 3 years ago. I can’t believe she’s here, before my very eyes. It’s really her.

 

“Minhee…” 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you liked the update!

*I tried to  make it as romantic as possible*

Please do  leave a comment.

Thanks for reading. 

*yehey! New subscribers! *