Unexpected Love

이야기 (Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Title: Unexpected Love

Genre: PredebutAu, fluff

Word Count: 2130

 

 

 

 

 

They say love comes when you least expect it. That a day will arrive where you're suddenly struck by it and soon you wouldn't be able to take control of your own feelings like you did before. Most people who've experienced love would usually say that it will completely sweep you off of your feet - taking in deep breaths, pupils dilate, weird fuzzy sensations in your stomach, flushed skin, sweaty palms and heart in a fitful pitter - patter with your nerves on the brink of freaking out. Or more accurately, Dopamine and Serotonin's just racing around your brain, affecting your own body. Well, that's what science says and Baekhyun's read everything related to this publicly in demand craze, the notion of Love, yet he can't quite say that it's true in the situation he finds himself now.

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun,

I've always had my eyes on you.

There is something I want to tell you.

I will be waiting outside the room once your dance practice is over.

Please do come and wait for me.

 

 

 

Baekhyun's hands tremble as he reads the message written on a small piece of pink flowery background paper. The said paper wasn't inside his bag earlier and when he came back from the restrooms, it appeared out of nowwhere it rests on top of his bag. Is this what I think it is? Baekhyun thinks. What else would it be aside from being a love letter if it wasn't written on this kind of paper and the usual I have something to tell you and I'll be waiting stuffs I've heard before?

 

 

He reads the letter again and he can't help but to let out a very loud shout of UWAAAAAAAAA!!! throughout the whole practice room in his glee. Within the 18 years of his existence, this is the very first time that he actually receives a love letter. He has never been popular, nor received any love confession – may it be during his school years or now that he's a trainee in SM Entertainment.

 

 

His action causes other trainees, an overall of 11 young talented and he may say good - looking boys, to look his way. They are looking at him both in shock and in curiousity as to why he made his sudden outburst.

 

 

“What's wrong Baek?” Chanyeol, his bestfriend and roommate asks as he makes his way towards where he is sitting on the floor. “First, you were late for practice, now you're screaming with such a happy face!” He says as he sits beside him, poking his bestfriend's cheeks while the other seems to be lost in his happy thoughts.

 

 

“Nothing! Nothing!” Baekhyun lies, but the tint of pink on his cheeks and the wide smile on his face says otherwise.

 

 

“What's that? Is that a love letter?” Jongdae inquires as he sits beside Baekhyun to his left, pointing at the folded piece of paper Baekhyun is holding.

 

 

“IDIOT! OF COURSE IT IS NOTHING LIKE THAT!” Baekhyun's completely flushed as he denies the very obvious fact etched on his face and in his high pitched answer. Chanyeol and Jongdae expects this kind of reaction from him and they know it despite Baekhyun's efforts of lying – a failed attempt that is.

 

 

So... Predictable... Chanyeol and Jongdae thinks at the same time as they both tried to stop themselves from laughing.

 

 

“Hey, hey.” Chanyeol puts his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder who seems to be daydreaming as of the moment. “I think it's better not to let your hopes up.” He tries talking some sense on the older while Jongdae nods in agreement with him. But they both get a Shut up in return from Baekhyun.

 

 

“Baek, it might be someone ugly...” Jongdae adds and still Baekhyun doesn't pay attention to what they're saying. All words coming from both of his friends aren't heard as he lets his thoughts float on his newfound experience. It's not like I'm getting my hopes up... right? I'm just happy about it. Baekhyun notes to himself, yet despite what he thinks, he still gets his hopes up.

 

 

Is she a sunbae? Or a hoobae? Baekhyun wonders who his admirer would be. He stares at the folded paper he is holding and ponders. He recollects and thinks over what happened earlier. Before he entered the practice room, he left his bag by the doorway for a quick stop to the restroom. And as he remembers, there were female trainees and a couple of So Nyeo Shi Dae members stopping by the practice room to greet some friends and maybe get some things they forgot the last time they used the said room. Could it be one of them?

 

 

Ah! Molla~ Baekhyun dismisses the thought of it. As what he notes to himselft earlier, it is better if he doesn't get his hopes up and expect someone who might not be that person. So he tries as much as possible to avoid expecting for they would, in most cases, lead to his own disappointment.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter