Bedtime Stories (II)

이야기 (Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Bedtime Stories(II)

Genre: slight horror, romance

Word Count: 1504

 

 

 

 

 

“She appears beside the person to my left...”

 

 

 

Baekhyun froze once faint yellow turned dark dark black. It filled the room, stretching and engulfing light - purposely extinguished and blocked where it was supposed to exist. The moonlight's streaks of blue and white never entered nor illuminated the confines of their dorm's living room. Limelight couldn't pass through the stock-still beige Osnaburg curtain.

 

 

 

All his eyes could see was black, an unending fathomless bleak darkness. And with a sense of foreboding, Baekhyun slowly reached out his left hand. It inched to his side as he aimlessly stared at nothing – in need of someone to hold for security and companionship.

 

 

 

Mute. A deafening silence. It buzzed over his ear. Baekhyun was afraid to make any further movements; his intuition dictated don't initiate another action. He gulped and followed his gut feeling; his own hand stopped its pursuit of warmth. He sat still and wondered how the others were doing - a distraction he designed when he felt another gust of wind blew pass him.

 

 

 

When he did feel a sudden contact of cold pressure on his back, it took just a few seconds to deliberately grab someone's arm toward him. He froze in his spot; his muscles tensed followed by goosebumps on his arms. He shut his eyes and clung closely to whoever it was he just grabbed. Fingernails dug unto soft flesh - red crescent marks blemishing the skin once dragging icy breath touched his ear. Fear burgeoned and wrapped him around its finger, taking hold of him as his breathing and heart beat sped up.

 

 

 

He heard someone hiss and he knew right away that it must've been his fault, yet the hold he had never loosened. He was too afraid to let the his firm grasp slacken – the cold pressure beside him was an imminent evidence that letting go was a bad idea. Baekhyun wasn't sure if he was the only person who can feel it and he thought it might've been only him since he heard shuffles of footsteps with mutters of 'Stupid wind! Now it's too dark to see!' accompanied by awkward laughters from some of the members. Baekhyun could tell who some of those voices belonged to and he can clearly tell that it was Luhan who 'laughed' louder than the rest of the group.

 

 

 

His rational thinking wasn't doing its job; never seemed to help him when he needed it to cooperate with him the most. And it was the very reason why he wasn't really sure if it was the product of his terror induced brain or not when he caught a very very indistinct hum of a female child.

 

 

 

Rrrr... rIng aRouNd... the rOsiE...

 

 

 

Slow. Draggy. Particularly scratchy and sinister like two rough surfaces rubbing each other. It resonated and rang in his ear, lingering and echoing before it fades through air. It took all his will not to scream when that cold breath touched his auricle once again.

 

 

 

Pppoocket... fUll of PoSies...

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt something cold press against his forehead and he jerked immediately from the touch, afraid that it might be something of the unknown touching him... His breath hitched and a shiver ran down his spine. He was scared out of his wits. And after a few seconds, he felt the same hand land on his forehead once more.

 

 

 

It stayed there for a few before it hesitantly retracted. “Hyung?”

 

 

 

He recognized that voice, knew it all too well from all the time he'd zone out... from all the time he felt giddy and from all the daydreams of intimacy... That silvery gruff tone and its owner.

 

 

 

And he finally lets out the air he was keeping in, relished in the fact that it was his precious dongsaeng after all. Relief flooded his system for awhile (and maybe a little bit of embarassment from stickin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter