Pick Up Sticks

Pick Up Sticks

It's 7 a.m. and an alarm can be heard through out the place. Henry was fast asleep when he felt his face getting wet, he opened his eyes and there he was, tilting his head and staring at him. Henry smiled, wiped his face and said "Hey Rover" the four legged animal responded with more on Henry's face. He then jumped down and pulled on Henry's blanket, he then looked at his owner with big eyes. It's like him saying "You need to get up, cook for us and then go out". Henry surrendered to the dog and crawled out of bed. He prepared food for him and his Rover and then they got dressed for their morning walk. 

They jogged through the park and after two laps, the two surrendered to a nearby bench. Rover was panting as he watched Henry drink, Henry then took our Rover's water bottle and let the four legged dude drink. Henry closed his eyes as he rested, he leaned back a little to feel a little sunlight on his face when Rover barked. He felt the leash being pulled so he opened his eyes and looked at what Rover was barking at... It was a girl, with cat ears in her hair.
"Rover! No!" Henry commanded, and tied Rover's leash at the bench. He then approached the girl and said "Are you okay? I'm sorry about my dog, he usually doesn't bark at beautiful women". The girl just smiled, bowed and went on her way. Henry then sat back at the bench, looked at Rover "You really have an eye for women don't cha, boy" he said and scratched the dog behind the ears the dog can only close his eyes and wag his tail. 


The next day, the same routine happened and the same girl appeared. Rover barked at her again and Henry apologized for the same mistake. The next day isn't much of a difference as well, Rover barked at the same girl. They were at the park once again and Rover barked at the same girl, Henry couldn't stand not saying something "Hi.. again"
"Hello"
"Uhm... my dog seems to like you"
"Yeah, that's the 4th one."
"Again, I'm sorry for that but uhm...maybe I can make it up to you? for uhm you know... Rover barking and stuff." he said, the girl didn't reply. "I'm Henry by the way" he added, offering a hand. The girl shook his hand but then her phone rang "It was nice meeting you Henry but I have to go... I'm sorry" she said and went on her way. "I didn't even get her name" he whispered as he watch the girl go. Rover then wagged his tail and then the two went back home. 

After eating his dinner and giving Rover food, Henry let Rover take a nap beside him by the couch while he watches TV. He kept on thinking about the girl at the park, asking himself questions such as "What could her name be?"; "Is she single?"; "does she even like me?"and then he finally says "Do you think he likes me boy?" at Rover, the dog just looked at him and let out a sigh and went back to sleep "What am I even doing talking to a dog?".

The next morning, someone was already in his dorm waking him up. "Henry-ah! Wake up"
"Hyung?"
"Come on, wake up!" he says and when Henry looked to where his hyung was "snap" said the camera in the other man's hand. "DONGHAE HYUNG!" Henry whined. Donghae then laughed and pulled Henry out of the bed. When Henry was all prepared and ready for his morning walk, he got Rover to wear his leash then Donghae says "It's my week with Rover now remember?" 
"But he's my dog!"
"Yes he is and you told me to take care of him for you because you're going to be busy.. REMEMBER?"
"No... I don't"
"Oh come on Henry-ah! I need him for the week!" Donghae said
"Foooooor?"
"Some...something"
"Okay... fine...If I know..... yourejustgoingtoneedthatfordaranoona" he said
"What was that?"
"Nothing... I said, have fun!" Henry said, giving Rover's leesh to Donghae "Please dont't confuse him with the vacum cleaner again Hyung." He said before he walks out of the door. 
"When did I do that?" Donghae asked himself as he takes Rover out.

Henry was at the same spot in the park, same time, same bench but no girl. He waited for the girl to come but she didn't so he decided to ditch and go and get food. He went into this little cafe to get  a cup of coffee, he approached the counter and said "Iced Americano please" 
"That would be $2.50" the girl behind the counter said
"Here you..." he said looking up and saw the girl at the park "..go. Hi" he said again and then looked at her name tag "Chae..rin". He was about to hand her cash but he hesitated "So, is this why you were not at the park today?"
"Yes and you're holding up the line.."
Henry looked back and saw that there were a lot of people on queue "Sorry" he said and finally paid. He waited for his drink at the pick-up section and then "Iced Americano for Rover" the barista shouted. Henry then interrupted "It's Henry.. Actually.. Rover is my dog." he said "I think uhm Ms. Chaerin over there made a mistake"
"I'm very sorry sir"
"No.. uhm, it's okay." he said, tapped the table and said "I'll be back tomorrow" and then left. He had the biggest smile on his face when he walked out the cafe, repeating the girl's name as he walked back home "Chaerin"

Aggressive Henry went back to the cafe the next day, all dressed and not sweaty. "Hi!" he greeted Chaerin
"Hello Sir"
"I'll have an Iced Americano and your number?"
"That would be $2.50 and 010" Chaerin replied
Henry handed the bills to her and said "010... and?"
"And please wait for your order by the pick up station" 
Henry just nodded and said "Okaaay". He got his order and went on his way. He arrived home, removed his "formal" wear, changed into his usual wife beater and shorts and layed on the bed. He was staring at the ceiling and thinking about what to do with that Chaerin girl. He just wanted the two of them to be friends... at first and then maybe be something a little bit more than that but it seems that,  "I don't think she's interested in me" Henry said to the ceiling.


A/N : Hi guise! So, I know I told everyone that this is going to be a One - Shot but I kinda got carried away with all the writing and stuff that I have like 4 Chapters in my draft. I hope you all like this fic. and I also hope that you have fun reading it as much as I had fun writing :)