Out with....

Amor Vincit Omnia (Love conquers all things)

4 days later….

 

“Omma!” I called out from the living room.

“What is it Yuan-ah?” She replied as she peeked out of the kitchen.

“I’m going to go to the city to find Mrs. Park a gift”

“Alright, make sure you get back early, were going to Mrs. Parks’ all together okay?”

“Araso… Hey remember, grandma said keep the kitchen clean”

“Yah! I never make it dirty in here”

          So what are my plans today? Well, Im going out to the city to go and find Mrs. Park a gift, it’s her birthday. To be honest, I don’t know what to get her. Out of everyone in my family, only my grandparents and my mom are close with Mrs. Parks’ family.

 

          It had only taken me about 10 minutes to get to the main marketplace area. During my walk I had encountered a small group of fans who were really kind enough to just wave at me and just let me walk by. So, there’s a lot of places I can go to I just don’t know where. I’m at a loss. Looking around I realized that I was basically surrounded by cosmetic shops, hmm that girl over there looks familiar….. She’s looking in my direction.

“Sunbae!!!” She called out, she came closer and that’s when I realized it was Sojin. Dang! I really need to get glasses.

“Noona!” I greeted, she pinched my arm in retaliation.

“Please stop calling me that, you’re only one year younger anyways”

“Well, can you stop calling me sunbae then?”

“Deal!” She smiled. I think I just died a little bit inside.

“So, it’s your mom’s birthday today. Shouldn’t you be helping her with setting up the party?”

“Well, we prepared everything yesterday so that gave me time to go buy some stuff for myself today. I was running out of BB cream so I had went out to by some more.” That was when I noticed the little etude house bag she was carrying. “What about you sun- ah, I don’t know what to call you….” She said awkwardly.

“Well, maybe you can call me oppa?” I joked, she was indeed older but I really wanted to be called oppa since everyone at YGP were westernized. We would just call each other by our names.

“Oppa…” She called with aegyeo, I started laughing. Making sure to curl my fingers in and show her.

“HAHAHAHA!”

“Fine! I won’t call you that then!”

“Ani! Call me that, it’s cute” She blushed after I told her that.

“So, I was going to ask“

“Why Im here, well… I was planning on going to go to the Gallery Zone.”

“Ahh really? Im going there too. I also need to buy my mother something” Nice…. I’ll be going to the mall with a very pretty lady, im sure Jiyong will be jealous.

          We continued to walk surrounded with an awkward atmosphere.

“So uhmm, I watched your latest vlog video last night. Hehe, seemed like it was fun at the concert.” OMG! I almost forgot about my vlog, I need to film.

“Ohh, uhmm, thanks for reminding me. Hehe, I need to film a vlog.” I suddenly got nervous, I don’t know if I should include her in it or not, but I already mentioned it so that means… arghh!!

“You wouldn’t mind being in it right?” I asked her nervously.

“A-A-Aniyo!! I mean, I won’t” She stuttered then gave a smile, STAAHP, Im gonna die. I pulled out my phone and started filming.

“HEEEEY GUYS!!” I greeted happily and smiled. The people around me gave me weird looks, I get that a lot.

“Look who I bumped into!” I then pointed the camera at Sojin.

“Hiiiii” She gave a really cute wave. Aijdoeipahgosfjgeriganiuerhgaerk!!!! STAAHP

“This is Sojin, she’s from a group called Girls Day” I introduced her to the camera, I know, the concept of people filming everything they do is weird. We talked a little bit more before I turned off the camera

 

          It had only taken us around 10 minutes to walk to the Gallery Zone, since it was a Saturday it was very busy. People were going in and out of the doors, the place wasn’t full there was just a lot of people.

“So what does your mom like?” It was hard for me to ask that, it felt weird for some reason.

“Well, she likes to cook”

“I know that, considering the fact that she OWNS a Kimbap restaurant and COOKS EVERYTHING HERSELF...” I replied making sure to emphasize the obvious.

“Fine, I won’t tell you then.” She smiled smugly.

“Aniyaaa! Im sorry…” I did a 90 degree bow, she just laughed.

“Hehehe, Im just kidding! You don’t have to do a bow.”

“That wasn’t a bow, I was looking at your shoes...” I showed a serious expression which made her laugh again. “You like Alexander McQueen huh?” She was wearing a pair of “Faithful Booties” I know it sound funny but, that’s what it’s called.

“How did you know?” She was surprised, well… not a lot of South Koreans know about Alexander McQueen. Im not into fashion by the way, the girls at YGP do and sometimes the boys get into the conversation too.

“The girls at YGP talk about these things, those are knock offs right?” She gave me the ‘how dare you?’ look.    “I’m just kidding! Calm down”

“I bought this with my own money okay?” She started pointing at them, I just laughed, she’s so cute.

“Anyways, what are you going to get your mom?” I had to steer us back to the original topic or else we would just forget about buying her mom a gift.

“I’m just going to get her a knife set since the knife set she has now is getting old”

“Would she like it if I got her a necklace?”

“It depends, she doesn’t really like wearing accessories hmm….. Maybe a watch, she told me a few days ago that she wanted one since her old one is broken” Alright, I settle for that. I’ll just go to the Nordstrom store later.

“Alright, let’s got to get what your buying first”

“Okay” She smiled.

 

 

          We had made our way into a small Restaurant equipment supply store, it wasn’t full so it was quite easy to look around. I’m going to be honest, instead of helping Sojin find what she’s looking for, I was looking at her. It made me laugh at myself a bit. She’s really gorgeous… I can’t believe it, a really hot good looking guy like me, is complimenting a girl, daaaaang! Just kidding.

“Is there something on my face?” Well, that caught me off guard.

“A-A-Ani” I stuttered, seriously I didn’t expect her to notice. I’m so dumb!

“Hahaha, just help me find a good set okay.” She then patted my head, im so steeewwwppiiddd!!!

          I just decided to obey her command. We had made our way to the Kitchen Utensils sections. There was a wide assortment of knives from brands I have never ever heard off, Sojin seemed like she knew about them though. It looked like they separated the high class brands from the lower class ones. I just stood there dumbfounded.

“Do you think I should get the knife set from Shun or the one from Wüsthof?” Well, if you ask me… I would tell you to pick the one that sound more Asian. So, that’s what I told her.

“I would pick the one that sounds more Asian.” I truthfully answered, nodding my head, feeling proud.

“Hehehe, araso I’ll get this for her” She then continued to giggle by herself, Im offended hehehe.

          We then made our way to the cashier, the girl that was there looked happy to see Sojin. After Sojin paid for the set the girl asked her for an autograph which Sojin happily gave her.

“So famous” I .

“Yah! People ask you for autographs too”

          The Nordstrom store was fairly huge, there was a lot of high quality brands such as Prada, Michael Kors, CHANEL and Burberry. Sojin and I made our way to the ‘Women’s Accessories’ section. A lady approached us.

“Good Morning Sir, do you need any help with finding a specific item?” She asked politely.

“Well, Im looking for a nice looking watch that would suit a lady”

“Ahhh, your getting it for your girlfriend?” She whispered to me while pointing at Sojin. I pushed her away before Sojin can notice.

“Ani! She’s not my girlfriend…. Im getting it for her mother” I got nervous, the lady had this weird grin on her face that said ‘whatever you say lil boy’

“Hehe, come follow me please” We followed the lady towards a small table with some a nice assortment of CHANEL watches.

“Here are the newest ones we have, they came in last week” The lady spoke.

“And this is the most luxurious one in the collection.” She pointed at a nice shiny black watch witch gold accents.

“So how much would that be?” I asked.

“Around 4 million won” She smiled brightly. On the other hand, Sojin had this really shocked expression on her face. It was all normal to me, with all my clothes expensive and all that, hehe.

“I’ll take it” I replied to the lady, she looked surprised for a second. I guess she didn’t expect me to actually buy it. I passed my card over to her then she told us to wait, she then left me and Sojin for a bit.

“Oppa! That’s so expensive! OMG! Why would you get that?!” Sojin was so loud, it was like she was screaming already.

“It’s nothing” I smiled at her. “Just make sure your mom doesn’t find out how much it is, she might get a heart attack”. I whispered. After a minute or so the lady came shortly after with the watch placed nicely in a cute tightly wrapped box.

“Here you go” Smiling, she passed it to me.

“Kamsamnida”

“Kamsamnida”

After Sojin and I thanked the lady we went off…

“So what do you want to do now? We got time to kill” I told her smoothly, haha! That sounds weird.

“Why don’t we go and grab something to eat.”

“Sure, let’s go!” I replied.

          We walked around the area first looking for someplace to eat. We decided on a small restaurant on the corner. It didn’t seem busy, it was actually really calming.

“Ahh what a cute couple” The ahjumma who owned the place greeted us happily, but the way she did made things a little awkward, just a little.

“Ahh, hehe, were not a couple” I told her.

“Ahh, how sad… you two look great together.” Sometimes I just don’t get if Ahjummas are cutely dumb, or annoyingly persuasive. She led us to a nice spot by a window that showed us the street outside. The nice wooden table had a grill and everything. It was a little awkward because of what the lady said earlier, so I did what any normal guy would do. Avoid the girl’s eyes…. We then ordered our food, still I hadn’t really talked to her yet. Sojin ordered Bibimbap while I ordered fried Chicken and Ramen.

“Why are you so quiet oppa” Sojin said out of nowhere, well, I didn’t expect that.

“N-nothing” I replied nervously, frick! Why did I stutter?

“Is it because of what the ahjumma said earlier?” She asked persuasively with one eyebrow up. Dang it! She’s making me nervous.

“No! it’s nothing!” I replied, crossing my arms together.

“Haha, Whatever oppa, don’t mind what the ahjumma said. It’s not like it’s gonna happen right?” She said cheerfully… for some reason I felt this weird shot of pain hit me on the inside, it’s such a foreign feelings.

“Soo oppa, have you had a girlfriend before?” Why does she gotta ask this now, frick.

“Yeah” I replied quietly.

“Waaaah, who? Was she famous?” She asked cutely. I can’t resist, uhhhhhhh!!

“That’s off limits. Hahaha!” Well, she’s lifted the awkward atmosphere away.

“Ugh! Fine” She had this funny valley girl expression on her face like ‘ugh!’ hahaha. The food came after a few minutes.

 

 

Half an hour later…

“So GD and CL are dating? Waaaa” So I found out that Sojin is a big fan of Big Bang, especially Jiyong. Eww, she was so happy talking to me about him. Come on girl, you don’t talk about other guys when your with one… not that it matters. Anyways, she was so surprised when I told her Jiyong was dating CL.

“Yeap, you got no chance man” I , haha, its fun.

“Shut up oppa! Your so mean!”

“Whatever” I looked at my phone to see what time it was, 4:30.. dang!

“So what time is your mom’s party?” I asked her.

“5:00” She plainly replied… well, crap. At this rate were just gonna end up late.

“Don’t you think we should be on our way?”

“Oh yeah, hahaha.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fairly long but boring chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. Please comment what you think or any suggestions. I will try to update frequently, thank you for being patient.