Mrs. Parks' daughter.

Amor Vincit Omnia (Love conquers all things)

Upload: ------________________________16%

 

“What the heck?!” I got this to start uploading last night, why the frick is it still 16%? Isnt South Korea supposed to have amazingly fast internet! Ahh whatever I’ll just leave it. I clicked cancel before getting off the bed I was on.

          I was in my hotel room, after the concert last night I went straight to my hotel. There was an after concert party. Everybody else except me went, I didn’t really go to parties like that since, I don’t drink and clubbing is not my style. I checked the time, it was only 7:25 am. Pretty early, but it’s good because I will be traveling today! Im not leaving the country just yet, we still have 1 more week to stay, but Im planning on staying for another week after that. So, where am I going today? Well, Im going to my grandmother’s place. I haven’t seen my grandmother in 16 years, ever since we left for L.A. We still skyped but, that was it. I picked up my phone and called my grandma.

 

“Yoboseyo?” A woman answered.

“Halmonee” I replied.

“Ahhh, Yuan-ah!” She greeted happily.

“Did my mom get there safely?” My mom had come with me, she wanted to visit grandma so bad.

“Yeah, what time are you coming? You know Daegu is about 3 hours away right?”

“Ahhh, I’m checking out of the hotel in an hour or 2”

“Okay, have a safe trip Yuan”

“Arraseo, Anyeong!” I ended the call before making my way to the washroom to get ready.

 

5 hours later…..

 

          This was really relaxing to be honest, Daegu wasn’t really in the country side. But, it sure did feel like it. The air felt fresh, it really was different from what I would experience every day in L.A. I got out of the taxi cab after paying the driver, I was quick to recognize the grey colored gate in front of me. I pushed through pulling my luggage with me. The light brown front door to the house was open so I just went it, I was greeted by my mother she was sitting in the living room watching TV.

“How was the concert?” Was the first thing my mom asked.

“It went well, the fans loved Got7” I replied happily.

“That’s good”

“Ah, Yuan-ah you’re here” My grandmother came out of the kitchen, there was a pretty girl with her. The girl looked surprised to see me there, she had this cute expression on her face.

“Halmonee” I greeted before hugging my grandmother. The girl leaned in to whisper to my grandmother, I could only faintly hear what she had said but, Im sure it was along the lines of “Ahjumma, you didn’t tell me your grandson was Yu Yuan” It made me laugh a bit inside. A fan inside grandmothers house, but she doesn’t even know I used to live there. Im not bragging, it’s just funny to watch.

“Ahh! I thought since you guys are both musicians you would have met…” Grandma replied to her quietly. “Yuan-ah! This is Sojin she’s Mrs. Parks’ daughter, the one that owns the Kimbap restaurant down the street.” She explained, I remembered Mrs. Park. We weren’t close but, I used to buy Kimbap from her all the time.

“She’s also an artist like you, she’s a member of Girls Day” Grandma continued.

“Ahh, I haven’t heard of them since I haven’t been really exposed to artist that are actually from here” I told them honestly. Well it’s true, I’ve only listened to artist from the U.S.

“Well, I need you to do something for me. I have 3 packages for Mrs. Park, but they’re fairly heavy. Can you help Sojin bring them? Just leave your luggage in the living room for now.” My grandma asked, I noticed the boxes behind them. It didn’t really look that heavy, I was about to agree but Sojin declined my help.

“Ahhh, Nonono ahjumma. I can do it myself” She wasn’t trying to be tough, I noticed she was just trying to be polite.

“Ani! It’s okay, I’ll help” I told them, I quickly went and picked up the 2 heavy boxes. Sojin took the light one. We then went on our way.

         

          There was an awkward silence between us. My heart was beating really fast. I felt like I would choke if I didn’t say anything but, she beat me to it.

“I have 3 of your albums” She suddenly blurted out. She started biting her upper lip after she said that, she must’ve felt embarrassed.

“Which ones?” I didn’t know what to say, so I just asked.

“Fevers End, Map the Soul and Epilogue” She replied shyly. I noticed that she didn’t have 99.

“Ohh, Soo whats your favorite song from those 3 albums?”

“I really liked Tomorrow” She said with a smile.

“Liked? Past tense?” I told her, she laughed a little. It took a little of the awkwardness away.

“Ani! Ani! I love it!” She claimed.

“Really? Would you marry it?” Im so dumb.

“Ehh… What kind of question is that?” She asked me while she’s trying to hold in her laughter. She was really cute, she was really trying to keep shut. When she calmed down, we started to ask questions about each other. I learned that she’s 1 year older than me.

“Noona!” I greeted here. She didn’t look pleased, at all….

“It’s only one year, it’s not really that much!” She replied almost shouting, the people who were walking on the side walk had turned to look at us. Sojin apologized.

“You’re so loud!” I told her, she looked like she would hit me. “So you’re from Girls Day right?” I didn’t want to forget about that group she was in, I needed to learn about the other groups in the industry.

“Yeah, we had just ended promotions for our comeback.” She explained.

 

          We stopped in front of the Kimbap Restaurant. She pushed open the door, I noticed the sign that had said “closed” It was quiet inside the little building. I placed the boxes on top of a table.

“Omma! I have the package from Mrs. Yu!” She called out to the kitchen before turning to me.

“Thanks Yuan-ah…” She thanked, it got awkward again. I was just standing there looking at her, she was about to leave but I had stopped her.

“Wait, I have something to give you” I still had my backpack on, I opened it and grabbed the 99 album that was inside. I could clearly see that Sojin was shocked, again. I pulled out a sharpie from the bag, I then used it to sign the album.

“Here you go, 99 Album signed by Yuan and only” I tried to make a pun but it didn’t work, I just got a giggle in return.

“kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!” She kept thanking me while bowing!

“It’s okay!” I told her and patted her shoulder, I then left before things could get any more awkward.

 

         

“So, have you found a girlfriend yet” My grandma suddenly asked while I was eating a bowl or ramen.

“Hmmm?” I still had a mouthful so that was all I could say.

“Yuan-ah… Your mother and I are getting old, we want see you get married and be happy. Your already 27, you’ll be turning 30 in 3 years.” My mother explained calmly.

“Well, I haven’t found the right girl for me yet…” I’m going to be honest, I have no experience in dating. Now, you might be wondering why a very handsome guy like me has no girlfriend. Well, it’s because I stay in the recording studio way too much.

“Come on! You write so many songs about break ups, falling in love yet you haven’t even dated at least once.” Ever since I turned 20 my grandma had kept on insisting that I find a woman and get married. “What about Sojin?” She wiggled her eyebrow.

“We barely know each other…” I retaliated, she is pretty. But, I don’t know her well enough to have these kind of thoughts.

“Well, you’re staying here for two more weeks. Why don’t you use that to get closer to her?” She left the kitchen right after insisting, she won’t be stopping anytime soon.

          I finished my ramen, making sure to clean up after. I greeted my mom who was still watching T.V before I made my way to my room. I had unpacked after coming back earlier, my laptop was sitting on the bedside table with my video still uploading. “Girls Day” The name rang in my head, I wanted to check them out. I picked up my laptop and searched for their songs. A heavy amount of videos popped up. A son called “Darling” was at the top so I clicked on that. Hmmm…. First impression: Cute. It looked like they were trying to blend in cute with y, I must say that it worked quite well. All of her other members are pretty but, to me Sojin stands out. One thing that’s weird though, is the prop placement. Who fricking designed the set? Seriously, it’s cute but it’s way too much. The song overall was good I just feel like that slowdown at the end was unnecessary. I looked for their other songs and found 2 songs with a full on y concept, “Something” and “Expectation” I decided to stay away from those since I’m a man and I know that I might end up having dirty thoughts about her. Instead I just went on and looked for just the audio and listened to that, “Something” had a beat which I feel like would be for a song that came out in the 80’s or 90’s. It was still a good song though.

          On the other hand theres “Expectations” which I don’t really like. It’s just not clicking with me, as soon as the beat started I turned it off. I don’t know if you will find me creepy but, I looked Sojin up on google. I feel like im stalking her, it’s such a weird and foreign feeling, it’s something I have never done before. I ended up finding a video of her doing a cover of Tearless by Lim Jeong Hee. My first thoughts… She has an amazing voice.

“Wow” I whispered to myself while listening to her. Man she can really play the piano too.

"Ahh she’s so pretty with her hair in a ponytail like that." I want to have a duet with her now, hm… I should talk to her about that the next time we meet. I checked my upload again, it finally finished.

          Checking the time, it was already 10:35 pm. Since I haven’t gotten lots of sleep lately I decided to call it a day and get some rest. I turned off my laptop then placing it on the bedside table. I closed my eyes, soon after I fell asleep.