You're..

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

~~~~~L.Joe’s POV~~~~~

“Thank you Teacher Yang for helping me.”

“No problemo, amigo. I’m always happy to help out a student. Now, you just have to work on… verse 2. Some of the lyrics just don’t fit in with the arrangement of things.”

I nodded my head, “Yes sir, I’ll make sure that everything is all good by Wednesday.”

“Take your time with it,” Teacher Yang smiled at me.

I scratched my head as I tried to think of ways to improve my song.

Teacher Yang looked at his phone, “It’s already 8 and the weather is a bit dodgy, you should go home soon.”

“I’ll go home after I fix up the song. Don’t worry sir, I’ve got an umbrella.”

“Okay then. Bye”

I waved bye to sir and smiled. I saw an unfamiliar guy walk out from one of the recording rooms.

“Thanks for everything, have fun recording! You sure you don’t want me to take you home?” He spoke to the person inside.

“Okay then. Have fun.”

He was quite tall and I swear, I’ve never seen him around school. Must be a new student.

I walked back into my recording room and continued working on my song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 8:23pm. Whoa, it’s been 23 minutes already? I should probably get going now…

I turned off all the equipment and made my way to the cafeteria. Whoa! It’s raining so hard outside…

BOOM!

Oh! There’s also thunder? Then again, I was in a sound proof room… Great, how on earth do I get home? My umbrella’s going to fly away if I use it. I looked around to see if there’s anyone I can catch a ride home with but there was no one.

BOOM!

Suddenly the lights went out and I jumped a little from the sound of thunder. It seems like the power as been cut from the storm. I pulled out my phone and called my mum to tell her I’m okay and to ask her to pick me up. No way am I walking 4km home in this weather.

“Neh umma… I’m fine… yes, the front gate… yes you can drive in… yes umma…I’m okay. I’m 17 going on to 18 umma… I’ll be fine until you get here. Okay, bye.”

“L.Joe, you’re here!” I heard a girl shout out from the hallway.

Okay… this is really scary… power is out, I’m inside a school… AT NIGHT and I hear a girl call out my name… oh my gosh this is so scary.

“Umm… yeah… who’s this?” I shouted out as I tried to find out the where the girl is so I can either runaway or help her.

“L-L.Joe… It’s-It’s me Jenny… I can’t see anything. Where are you?”

Oh! It’s Jenny. I didn’t know she was here.

“Jenny! I’m in the cafeteria but just stay where you are. I’ll get to you.”

“I’m in the hallway!” I heard Jenny’s voice tremble. She’s scared of thunder.

I used my phone as a flashlight, not that it did much because it only lit up things that were about a metre away from me. I reached Jenny and she was sitting on the floor, leaning against a wall with her phone on.

She looked up at me and she seemed relieved, “Oh! L.Joe! You’re here!”

She hugged me tightly, “Oh, thank god you’re here!”

“Well, I’m in love with music. Where else would I be?”

Jenny laughed as she let go of me, “I was going about to leave school when all the power went out. Everything was so dark…”

“You’re scared of the dark?”

Jenny seemed hesitant to answer, “Kind of… a tiny bit.”

I smiled, “Well, thank god you had your phone. Have you called anyone to pick you up?”

“Umm… yeah, I called my brother. He’s coming to pick me up.”

“I called my mum.” She didn’t even ask me and I answered…

Jenny nodded her head, “Why don’t we move to the front door? That’s where our family is going to pick us up.”

I nodded my head and we both walked, arms linked together, towards the front door of the building. Every step we took, Jenny seemed to have moved closer to me.

“Are you that scared of the dark?”

“I sleep with a night light if that’s what you mean?” Jenny laughed.

I smiled, “Well, you don’t have to worry, you’re brother will pick you up in no time.”

We reached the front door and sat in front of it. I looked outside and it was raining so much! Thank god I won’t be soaked because I have my- wait! Where’s my umbrella? I looked around.

“Your phone is in your shirt pocket.”

I shook my head, “No, it’s not that. I seemed to have left my umbrella in the cafeteria. I’m going to go get it.”

I stood up and Jenny grabbed my arm, “Don’t go… please don’t go…”

I contemplated whether to go or not but then decided not to. I sat back down facing Jenny. “Okay, I’ll stay but you’ll owe me… a hundred umbrellas in the future.”

Jenny leaned over and hugged me, “Thank you!”

I held her hand to comfort her, “What are friends for?”

“You know, you should be like this during school hours.”

I smiled, “I’m like Teacher Yang. I’m different inside and outside of school hours.”

Jenny laughed as she started humming. That tune… It’s THE song.

“You listen to milktea2502?” I asked her.

“No,” Jenny laughed, “I am milktea2502.”

She began to sing as she swayed our arms side to side.

“I know
Love always comes with farewells
Bye. The days we shared our love together
Lalala lalala lalala lalalala”

J-Jenny is milktea2502?

~~~~~End of L.Joe’s POV~~~~~