Dongsaeng, noona and classmate.

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

--------One week ago--------

“What is this?” Mi Yeon frowned as she stared at the rankings, “She’s first again?”

“How did she even get first place? I have never seen her perform before,” said So Yeon angrily.

“I don’t get it… our parents bribed the teachers to not accept bribes from her…” said Ji Yeon cluelessly.

“How is it that after a year, she maintains her first place status? She has never performed in public.”

“Exactly but yet her theory and practical marks are top.”

“Yes!” You smiled happily as you looked at the ranking sheet.

“We are all in the top ten!” said Landy as she pumped her fist in the air.

“Party time!” Som said in English as she jumped up and done happily.

Junhyung let out a sigh, “Aish, it’s my turn to treat you guys...”

You, Landy and Som smiled happily.

You looked at the rankings and laughed, “Look! We’re all Beyond3!”

You were laughing to yourself but then realised no one was laughing. You turned to Som with an uncertain look.

“Not funny?”

Junhyung shook his head, “Your jokes are so dry, that it might have been the cause for the drought last year.”

Mi Yeon clenched her teeth together as she stood with her arms crossed, “You guys seriously have no class.”

“Of course we don’t, exams are over. It’s practically a bludge from here to the end of the year,” said Som.

Mi Yeon laughed, “After two years, your Korean is so pathetic. Do you seriously think that I can take you seriously with that low level Korean? Maybe you should just stick to speaking English.”

Som was breathing heavily as she clenched her fist.

“Lucky for you, I know English. Yoo shud-eu stic-keu too in-geu-rish,” Mi Yeon smiled proudly, “I lived in the United States for 3 years.”

Som was glaring at Mi Yeon but as soon as Mi Yeon stopped talking, you and Som cracked up laughing.

“Oh my gosh! She wants to speak English,” said Som in English laughing.

“She wants to play the English card,” you said in English.

Mi Yeon had a confused look on her face.

“Oh come on,” you crossed your arms, “Your English is just as bad as your personality.”

“Let me tell you something,” you said in English, “People who speak English don’t speak like that. Living in the US for three years will not give you a good accent so don’t go flaunting that story around and come on! It’s been two years; you’d think that you would have learnt to keep your pie-hole shut when you have nothing nice to say.”

Mi Yeon knitted her eyebrows together as she tried to understand you.

Som shook her head, “At least my Korean kicks your English in the !”

Landy grabbed you by the elbow, “I am so sorry but I did not understand a single thing you just said.”

You laughed, “Well then we should leave and celebrate our awesome marks.”

“Agreed.” Junhyung let out a sigh of relief.

You and your friends walked away. Three boys ran after you down the hallway.

“Jenny ah!”

“Jenny ah!”

“Jenny noona!”

Your eyes widened in fear as you stopped.

“Guys, you have to help me.”

“Sorry Jenny but you are on your own; we have our own fan clubs to hide from,” said Junhyung as he shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah, but unfortunately for you, your fan club is about 5 times as bigger as ours put together,” Landy smiled as she put her hand on your back.

“And frankly speaking we just don’t want to be smushed by them,” Som smiled as she, Landy and Junhyung waved to you.

“You are guys are so-”

“We are what Jenny?” asked one of the boys.

You turned around and smiled awkwardly, “Awesome! I mean, I loved the chocolate that you guys gave me. But next time, just buy it okay?”

Once of the guys started fake crying.

“Oh! Yoseob sunbae,” you said in a worried tone as you put your hands on his shoulder, “Are you okay?”

Yoseob tried to hold in his fake tears, “It’s-it’s just that I only have one more year of seeing your pretty face every day because I’m graduating next year,” he suddenly hugged you and smiled widely, your eyes widened from shock while the other two boys looked on with jealously.

“But it’s okay because you said my name and you worried about me.”

“I only get to see for only one more year because noona is graduating next year. Jenny noona, what am I going to do?” said one of the boys as he opened up his arms and hugged you and Yoseob.

You patted the boy on the back, “Um... Ricky, it will be okay...”

“I’m not jealous of any of you two because I get to see all the time... wait... I will only get to see your face for a year too because I’m graduating next year!”

They all broke up in a /crying noise and the last boy hugged you.

“And I’m in the second year… everyone will be only seeing me for one year. Taemin, we’re in the same compulsory classes... you’ll see me plenty.”

“Oh my gosh, I’m so jealous right now!” Yoseob and Ricky cried.

You let out a sigh as you slowly wriggled out of the hug, “I am sorry but I have to get back to my homeroom, my friends are waiting for me.”

You bowed before quickly power-walking off to class.

Yoseob let out a daydreaming sigh, “She’s so beautiful when she’s power-walking.”

“Her hair flows in the wind so nice... even though it’s tied up in a bun...” said Ricky as he looked at you with loving eyes.

“She is truly perfect...” Taemin started to choke up from the tears, “And we won’t be seeing her after the end of next year!”

They all started weeping and hugged each other.