Chapter 1

Orchid In Plural

Sometimes I find myself in love with Jongin. Like now, his head on my lap, my white fingers his black hair. He’s sound asleep with his full lips slightly parted. But when I find myself in love, I must remember we’re only friends. He doesn’t have the capacity to see me as anything else. To him, I’m still a tiny little girl who doesn’t like ice cream. To him, I still fall every time we do a spin in ballet class. To him, I need someone to always look after me because I might fall or break something. “Jongin.” My hand gently shakes his shoulder. “Jonging, wake up.” He sighs, rubbing his eyes. He turned his body to be facing up, before he was on his side. His eyes open to see me. “Jongin, get up. It’s late and we have school tomorrow.” I tried to get him off my lap, but he wouldn’t budge. “Is your dad home?” He turned around again snuggling up to my tummy. He breaths in the smell on my sweater. “No, but you need to go home.” I tried to get him off again. “I told you, I would stay with you until he came home.” Somehow he felt heavier so now I really couldn’t get him off my lap. “And I told you, that nowadays he isn’t coming home until early morning.” I stopped trying to get him off and sighed.  “Well then, I’ll stay over. It’s not safe for you to be alone so often.” His tan fingers tightly hold onto the fabric of my sweater. “You can’t do that. Your mother will worry about you.” I’m helpless. I can’t get this beautiful boy to let go of me. “No she won’t. I’ll just call her and tell her not to.” Jongin jumped up to fetch the phone. “Jongin, just go home. I’m totally fine by myself. And you can’t stay here!” Jongin his heels and put his hands on his hips. He reminds me of an imperious little boy, “And why not?’ I chuckled at his action. “Because…you don’t have clothing here or a toothbrush.” Jongin smiled. His smile has always been truthful. It makes me smile along. “Nice excuse. I don’t need clothing, I’m good with my school uniform and I can use your toothbrush.” I gave him a disgusted look. “No you can’t! That’s anti-hygiene.” Jongin’s smile turned into a short laugh. “It’s just like kissing.” That comment sent my cheeks warm. I hid it by letting him have his way. “Fine, stay over. But you cannot sleep in your uniform.” I got up from the couch and went into my father’s bedroom.   

 

Author's Note: Some chapters will be really short.