Chapter 1

Tantris Onara

"Okay twinsies, can you both focus for a moment?" Jin barked, but kept her grin. Tristan was yucking up a storm while her bandmates waited for her to pipe down so they could get on with learning their new choreography. Goofy Aaron stood behind Tristan and made a peace sign with her fingers. She was generally hyperactive and got distracted easily whenever Tristan started acting silly.

Both girls were about the same height and build, and once Tristan grew out her wavy hair, they even had similar mop tops. They sometimes even wore each other's clothing because their taste and fit were so similar.



But this was not Twin Day and Jin wanted to wrap up today's choreography so she could work on some other projects she was putting into motion for their band.

"Hellllooo? Is anybody listening?" Jin tried again to refocus her unruly bandmates.

"Yes, boss!" Aaron stood at attention like a soldier. Everyone laughed, but Jin just shook her head.

"Tristan?" she coaxed their best dancer to resume practice.

"Okaayyy, boss. Everybody: positions!" she finally ordered, keeping her effervescent smile. Aaron pirouetted into her spot between Milk and Jin. Milk elbowed her and covered so Jin wouldn't notice her giggling.

 

 

  

While Jin worked hard on her upcoming plans for MissTER, Chiao and Milk thought it would be nice to do something special for their leader. Her birthday was fast approaching and since she shared the date with Aaron, they decided to throw them a double-birthday party.

They settled on the idea of going to a night club with dancing. Chiao volunteered to bake a giant chocolate cake, which they could eat picnic-style at the bar. They made sure to choose a club that had large booth seating and not only a dance floor.

Since the pair was busy with party prep and Jin was occupied with MissTER promo and bookings, Tristan and Aaron tended to feel left out. But that was fine, because it gave them time to hang out without Jin asking them to be more serious. Both girls were hard-working, but they loved to keep things light. Actually, the lightness they each brought to the group kept them all invigorated and in good spirits.



As the double-birthday drew near, Aaron and Tristan became so close that they sometimes forgot the other girls were still around. For fun, Tristan had started teaching Aaron some break-dancing moves. This usually landed them in a heap on the floor, laughing uncontrollably.

On one such day, they were borrowing their usual band dance space, when Jin walked in. She arrived just in time to catch a glimpse of Aaron taking a spill right on top of Tristan after a much-practiced but consistently-failed shoulder freeze. These two seemed to be made of jelly bones, for they never appeared to suffer severe injuries. Instead of falling and shattering ankles, it appeared they were much more adept at crumpling into a pile of laughs.

Jin shook her head and asked, "Are you two at it again?"

It took a moment for someone to respond because both girls were rolling around the floor knee-slapping and high-fiving.

"Fine!" Tristan laughed, "We're fine!"

Jin shook her head and laughed, "Goofs."