Unexpected

Life Is Fair

 

"Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

 

Bom bolted up, awakened by someone's scream. 'Is there fire? Omo!' Panic-striken, she ran out of bed. 'Oh no I'm not going to die burning! I won't die single and ugly!'

 

"Oh no no no! Nooooo!!"

 

Bom heard someone scream again. That someone sounded familiar. "Dara?"

 

"This can't be!"

 

This time she's sure it's Dara. And she's positive that there is no fire. She sighed, relieved. And anyway, she doesn't want to die early in the morning. It is more dramatic to die at night. Don't ask me why. I don't know.

 

She heard Dara crying. Dara's scream and sniffles came from the bathroom so she hurriedly opened the bathroom door. "What happened?!" She asked,worried. 'No one is to make my bestfriend cry!'

 

"Bommie-ah..." Dara called her, facing the mirror. She was trying to stop crying.

 

"What happened?" Bom asked softly as she walked towards Dara.

 

"Bommie-ah... look." Dara said pointing to her left cheek.

 

A pimple. A PIMPLE?!

 

Bom wanted to spank Dara. "You woke me up screaming, I thought i'm going to die! And all because of that pimple? Omigosh Dara!"

 

"You don't understand!" Dara dramatically retorted back. "He's coming today! Why of all the days should I have a pimple today! Huhuhu!"

 

'Whoever will come today might be very special to Dara if this teenie weenie pimple is bothering her. Usually Dara does not care how she looks.' Bom thought.

 

"Aisht! Let's put some ointment and conceal that later." Bom said rubbing Dara's back to calm her. "You'll look worse if you cry more."

 

Dara nodded and tried to calm herself.

 

Dara hadn't stopped crying when they heard the door bell ringing.

 

Dara's eye's lit up immediately. 'Oh he's early!' She hurriedly ran out of her room and opened the door smiling widely.

 

Bom followed her. She really could not understand how Dara's mood changes in a snap. 'Alien'

 

"What happened here? I heard you shouting."

 

Dara's face fell.

 

Bom saw how disappointed her bestfriend was after seeing who came. Her eyes shifted to the new comer. Jiyong looked... worried? As far as she knows, Dara and Jiyong were never friends. They have been neighbors for three years but since day one all they do was bicker and fight.

 

Dara frowned. 'Can my morning be any better?' she pouted.

 

Bom answered for Dara. "All's good here, Jiyong. Just a pimple problem."

 

Dara glared at her. 'How dare her? Some best friend telling her arch nemesis what happened!'

 

Bom shrugged off Dara's reaction. And then she saw Jiyong sigh... in relief? 'Hmmmn...'

 

And then...

 

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

 

Jiyong clutched his stomach while laughing so  hard.

 

"I didn't know you could be uglier! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

 

Bom looked at her bestfriend. She shook her head. Dara is wearing her favorite strawberry printed pyjama. Hair going to all directions, puffed eyes, flushed face, mouth hanging open... Dara is a sight.

 

"BWAHAHAH------"

 

Dara shut the door on Jiyong's face.

 

-----

 

shout out to my first subscriber yolopolo! ^___________^

 

and hi to my readers.. thanks again for reading my fic :) feel free to leave comments :D
mwah mwah mwah! :*