What Happened Next

Life Is Fair

 

"Good morning! Are you also going to Dara's again today?" TOP asked when he saw Bom come out of the other apartment's door as he did.

 

For almost a week now, TOP and Bom has been buddies going to Dara's apartment. A few days ago, just like this, they came out of their respective apartment at the same time and genius TOP thought of just going together. And of course, who was Bom to decline the offer of the guy of her dreams right? Wish of the lifetime!

 

And congratulations to Bom she does not feel awkward with TOP anymore. Well, not that awkward, there are still stammering every now and then, or Bom will just stop and stare at him when he's talking; and even if Dara is the one talking and TOP just happens to be around, Bom drifts to dreamland in a snap? Who wouldn't? It's TOP, you people!

 

"Yes. You too?" Bom answered as she shut her door close. 'Keep calm' Bom thought to herself. Even if she sees TOP everyday, the dugun dugun never goes away. 'Is there any way to be immuned to TOP's existence? I wonder how Dara managed.'

 

"Yep. Let's go?"

 

"Let's go."

 

TOP and Bom always walks side by side whenever together. It makes talking easier. They mostly talk about Dara. She's their common denominator anyway. Aside from that, conversation runs smoothly if it's about her. They talk about other things as well like the school or the city, but they only stop talking midway.

 

Sometimes though, in mornings like this, they just walk in silence savoring the beauty of a summer morning in Seoul. Bom loves quiet moments with TOP. It makes her imagination run everywhere about her and TOP. Like they could be holding hands while walking, talking about each other, and planning for forever. TOP is the only welcome interruption.

 

She stole a glance at TOP. Then she giggled to herself and blushed.

 

She's still stuck on dreamland when she heard TOP calling from behind her.

 

"Yes TOP baby?" she asked sweetly, turning her head with her cutest aegyo.

 

TOP chuckled.

 

'OMO!!' Bom's eyes widened when she realized what she just did. She felt her face turned tomato red. 'Stupid stupid SUPER STUPID Bom!'

 

"We're here." TOP said, amused. Bom and Dara really came from the same feather duster.

 

Without looking at him, Bom walked passed TOP hurriedly.

 

"Dara!!"

 

'Dara save me! Open the door! Palli!'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara opened the door the moment she heard her bestfriend. Her forehead creased as she saw Bom go into a full walkathon towards her with an expression she can't put together. Then she frowned as she saw the smiling TOP following her. Of course these two are always welcome visitors. But they don't have to come together everytime right?

 

But can she help it that they were neighbors? Dara sighed.

 

When she knew that they live on the same building, on the same floor, apartment next to each other, she felt her whole world crumble. Her two bestfriends technically living together. One who likes the other; and the other, the one she likes!

 

'Life is such a pain everywhere!'

 

Dara plastered her ever so cheerful face and greeted TOP and Bom, "Hi guys! Come in!"

 

Bom hurriedly went in and straight to the kitchen and drank a glassful of water.

 

TOP followed. He hugged Dara the moment he walked on the door step. "Hey Tokki. I know you missed me even though we just saw each other yesterday!" he smiled.

 

'More than you know..' Dara wanted to say. Instead, she made a face and said, "You wish!"

 

"Why I missed you too!" TOP said as he ruffled her hair.

 

Dara pouted. But deep inside, she wanted to jump merrily around the house and hug TOP like there's no tomorrow! She looked at Bom and seeing her broken hearted face, she's just glad she's not showing how happy she is. She does not want her bestfriend sad because of her.

 

She needed to change the topic. "Anyway, waht happened on your walk here Bommie? You didn't look good when you came."

 

Bom looked flabbergasted while TOP just chuckled.

 

"Jiyong!!" Bom blurted out.

 

"Huh?"

 

Bom waved at someone outside the kitchen window like her life depended on it. "Jiyong! Come here!"

 

Dara looked outside and there, from outside the kitchen window, Dara saw Jiyong.

 

'What the heck is Bommie doing?!'

 

Dara diverted her gaze from Jiyong to Bom, and then to Tabi and back to Bom.

 

"Hey Tokki! I didn't know you have a guy friend here! It would be nicer if I'd know anyone aside from you to here in Seoul."

 

"Whaaa------??"

 

With that TOP went outside and went to Jiyong.

 

Dara's jaw dropped when in a moment she saw TOP shaking hands with Jiyong. The two talked for a few minutes and then after that, she saw them walking towards her house.

 

HER HOUSE!

 

"Bom what did you think you were doing!"

 

"I don't know ..? You were asking me... I don't want to... I saw Jiyong... I had to... You know!" Bom stuttered  not really knowing why she called Jiyong herself. Jiyong was just there at the right moment, she guesses.

 

"I don't understand you! Urgh!"

 

Dara does not want to see Jiyong. The last time they saw each other was very VERY embarassing!

 

And then like a slow motion picture, Dara saw her Tabi walking side by side with his new buddy, Jiyong. He was telling him something and Jiyong laughed.

 

Stepping in HER doorstep, Jiyong looked at her and smirked. "Long time no see, Ugly Girl."

 

'OMOOOO!'

 

 

[ Flashback to the morning after Jiyong's mom left ]

 

"Hey wake up!"

 

Dara felt something nudging her. "Five more minutes...." she said as she snuggled her 'pillow', her eyes still closed.

 

She can also hear hushed tones that fades away, but then new ones come. But she doesn't care. She knows that it's still early. The heat of the sun does not hurt that much yet.

 

She wrapped her legs around her 'pillow'

 

"Hey!" then she felt her legs being put back to place.

 

Dara moaned in irritation. 'Can't a girl sleep peacefully around here?'

 

Feeling her back ache, she laid back first. It was as if, she fell asleep sitting.

 

"Whoa!"

 

She heard laughter and murmur. She shut her eyes tighter and continued sleeping. Feeling that her bed was somewhat hard and the texture was a bit funny, she rolled over to her 'pillow' and continued to sleep face down. She really wanted to sleep more. Her 'pillow' felt more comfortable than her bed.

 

"Ugly Girl! Wake up!"

 

'Ohh the nightmare named Kwon Jiyong...'

 

Someone or something was trying to push her away from her 'pillow' so she heald tighter. "No..."

 

She heard more laughter. Now the laughter sounded so near. 'Why?'

 

She slowly opened her eyes.

 

She blinked.

 

 

 

And blinked again.

 

 

 

She blinked some more. Wishing that WHO she is seeing right now, WHO she is HUGGING RIGHT NOW will go away!

 

'This better be a nightmare!' she told herself. 'Dara wake up!'

 

"Great, you're awake! Can you get off me now?"

 

She heard more laughter. She does not need to look behind her. She can already feel that people already gathered around them. She cfelt her blood drain from her face.

 

Dara wasn't able to move. 'OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!'

 

She woke up facing Jiyong. No, not the right way to put it. She woke up ON TOP OF JIYONG!! ON THE SIDE WALK! Her eyes widened as realization hit her.

 

SHE WAS SEEN SLEEPING WITH A GUY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!!!!!!!

 

"And do you know that saliva is all over your face?" Jiyong said looking at her. "My hoodie is ruined, not to say very stinky, because you drool like a river in your sleep."

 

Automatically, she wiped with her hand.

 

She wasn't able to hear anyone anymore. Her world came crushing to her. She felt tidal waves going towards her. Earthquake and thunderstorms followed. She felt like it is the end of the world. Of her world!

 

'Lord take me now!'

 

"Ugly Girl..." Jiyong grunted as he tried to sit up.

 

But before he can, Dara pushed him back to the ground and without thinking, ran like a mad man towards her house.

 

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!"

 

[ End of Flashback ]

 

 

That was Dara's most embarassing moment. And here is Jiyong in front of her reminding her of the reason why she was not able to get out of her house for a few days. She even had Bom do the grocery for her.

 

"I'm sorry." Bom whispered to Dara. She didn't know that Bom went beside her already.

 

Dara sighed.

 

She looked at her Tabi. He is smiling ear to ear. He might think that bringing Jiyong to her house is a very good idea.

 

Dara never mentioned Jiyong to TOP. She then felt that Jiyong was not worth it. If only she knew that this time would come, she would have told her Tabi about Jiyong. She knows that her prince charming won't let her near the bulliest bully ever.

 

"Hi Kwon." She managed to greet him.

 

Jiyong snorted.

 

Dara knew that reaction. She sent him daggers with her eyes. 'Don't you dare say anything....!'

 

"Tokki you haven't cooked anything yet right?" TOP suddenly asked.

 

"Not yet." Dara answered. 'And no, I won't cook for Kwon! Not in any lifetime!'

 

TOP went beside her and put his arms around her shoulder. "So how about we celebrate my new friendship with Jiyong and go to the mall today? I haven't been to any mall in Seoul. Jiyong man here said he's free today."

 

"What?!" Dara didn't know she would be able to reach the highest Do. But Tabi, the man with mighty ideas just made her brain cells explode. 'Me and Jiyong in a mall? Together? So who's going to pay for the damages?' she wanted to ask.

 

She looked at Bom for help.

 

"Well I... I think it's a good idea."

 

'Was that Bom who answered?' Dara blinked. 'Why is Bom agreeing with Tabi?' she looked from Bom to TOP and then back, wondering if there has been an unknown conivance between the two to chase the living daylight out of her.

 

"Am I the only one who thinks that it is a crazy idea?!"

 

"Yes." Jiyong shrugged.

 

TOP put his hands on Dara's shoulders to face her. "Come on Tokki, don't be such a kill joy. Anyway, what could possibly go wrong?"

 

'With Kwon? Everything!' she wanted to shout.

 

But then, it is her Tabi requesting for a day out. What's a hopelessly in love girl got to do? Anyway it will be really unfair for Tabi to just hang out with girls. So Dara just sighed and agreed.

 

She looked at Jiyong with a serious face. "Don't you dare do anything stupid, Kwon."

 


"Funny I was about to say the same thing to you, Ugly Girl."

 

 

 

------

 

shout out to my new subscribers tinyblueberry, purple-bee, candycanlas2, jlynne, cheri86 and dance2live! ^_______________________^

 

i had been trying to update this a few days ago but the text editor i was using wont work.. (maybe it really doesn't want me to save the update >< )
anyways im not really sure if i was able to write what i want to narrate..toinx!  but i do hope that you will continue on supporting this fic..thanks much!
mwah mwah mwah! :* :* :*