What team?

Let's Steal Stuff

The only answer I got from Hyo was "I'll get back to you the day after tomorrow" and "Delete this message." Today is that day but I still haven't heard from her.

 

I was continuously questioning my sanity ever since I sent her that message saying I actually want to rob a bank. What do I even know about robbing a bank? I can't even get money from my younger sister's hidden stash of money (which is not so hidden because putting money under your bed is way too obvious) without getting caught.

 

So far the most sensible thing I have done this week is to swallow my pride and borrow money from my co-worker Yuri so I could pay for my water bill. I still have no electricity at my place but at least I didn't have to go to my parents' house to take a bath and lie about the hot water again.

 

It was already time to go home but still no text nor call from Hyoyeon. Maybe she's changed her mind or maybe she got caught doing something stupud and is now behind bars. That actually got me worrying but if that was the case, I should've gotten a phone call from Soo already. So I head home thinking about spending two to three hours in the tub just so I could forget about the fact that I now owe my co-worker money and I still have rent to pay plus the stupid electricity bill.

 

When I got on my floor, I immediately heard an obnoxious laugh coming from my unit. I entered my apartment, surprised that Tiffany was sitting on one of my bean bag chairs, a girl I could barely recognize sitting on the other and Seohyun sitting on the floor while Hyo and Soo tried to squeeze themselves on the remaining chair.

 

"What's happening?"

 

"Where's Yuri?" Tiffany asked.

 

"How am I supposed to know? She's your girlfriend."

 

"You two work in the same place. She said she was going to come here with you."

 

Just then there came an incessant knocking on my door. I opened it and was surprised to see Yuri grinning on the other side. "I was calling you when you got on the bus but you didn't hear me. Can I come in?"

 

I moved to the side to let her in. I still had no idea what they're doing here so I turned to Hyo and Soo for answers. "What's going on?"

 

"This is our team."

 

"What team?"

 

"Wild cats!" exclaimed the unknown girl, giggling at her own stupid joke. I ignored her and waited for Hyo to clear things up.

 

"Did you fall off the stairs and hit your head multiple times on the way down? You said you wanted to go through with the plan. I told you I'd get back to you because I needed to contact our team."

 

I tried to piece it together and I remembered all the names and contact numbers that I wrote down on that piece of paper. I looked around and finally figured out who the girl with the lame joke was. "Oh my god, Taeyeon?"

 

The girl grinned and nodded. "I thought you've forgotten about me." She stood up and gave me a tight hug. "It's been such a long time. We've both gotten rif of our braces."

 

I giggled remembering our nickname that our pesky classmates gave us. The brace face twins. "How did those two even find you?"

 

She shrugged and said, "I just got a call and they explained to me what they wanted and I agreed. I was getting a little bored back in Jeonju."

 

"Looking for some rich in Jeonju turned out to be easy."

 

I saw Taeyeon scoff, offended at what Hyo just called her. "Sure resort to name-calling." I later found out that the reason why they acted hostile around each other was because of Taeyeon's inappropriate comments about Soo's long legs.

 

"Okay..." I turned to Tiffany and Yuri who were sharing the chair and I pointed to the red-haired Tiffany. Surely red is not the color to go for when you want to rob a bank. "I'm not even gonna wonder why you agreed to whatever these two said but you, Yuri, what the hell are you thinking being part of this?"

 

"I'm here to support Fany."

 

I cringed in disgust when Tiffany's lips landed in Yuri's. This was all getting crazy and stupid at a very fast pace. I looked at the quiet girl whom I never thought I'd be seeing here. I mean, I did jut her name down thinking she'd be the last person to agree into doing such things. "Seohyun, why are you here? Did these two blackmail you into coming here?"

 

She shook her head and showed her signature coy smile. "I came here by choice. They were very convincing," she said referring to my two idiotic best friends who were now smiling proudly.

 

I am not convinced that that's the only reason but I won't prod...for now. "So we're really doing this, huh?"

 

"Wait, we still have one more person missing. She's running a bit late because of her job."

 

I obviously didn't know this othet person they werw talking about because as far as I know it's just Tiffany, Seohyun and Taeng that I wrote down. I sat on the floor next to Seohyun while we waited for that other person and watched the movie that was on. "By the way, Taeng, were you the one who paid for my electricity bill?"

 

"Yeah, I can't stand the heat."

 

"Because you're allergic to your own sweat. I remember."

 

"Thanks. I'll pay you and Yuri once I get my salary for this month."

 

"Sica, not only will you be able to pay them back. You'll be able to quit your stupid job, too."

 

Typical Soo thinking every job is stupid. I focused on the movie we were watching and admire just how exquisitely beautiful the actress is. The whole of South Korea praises her for it and I don't blame them. I once had a very short encounter with her and by short I mean she just walked right in front of me, smiling, and I could've sworn somewhere a child got miraculously healed.

 

"Sica, get the damn door. Why are you daydreaming?"

 

I didn't even hear someone knocking because I really was in a daze, too busy admiring Im Yoona. I glared at these lazy asses who couldn't get off their asses to get the door.

 

When I opened it there she was, the person I was just literally fawning over seconds ago and I started to think of what her reason for being here is. Maybe she moved to this building. My other neighbor did move out a few weeks ago. Just my luck. Maybe she's here to ask sugar for her coffee and I am very willing to give her all the sugar that I have. I don't even care if I have to drink black coffee for the rest of the month.

 

Then she spoke. "Is this Jessica Jung's house?"

 

Oh god, she said my name! How'd she even know my name?

 

"Is Hyoyeon and Sooyoung here?"

What? No. She's not here for dumb and dumber, is she? I think my heart broke a little by the thought of that.

 

"Yeah, they're inside."

 

"Can I come in?"

 

"Sure thing." I tried to play it cool but I almost tripped when I stepped on someone's goddamn stilettos. Damn you, Tiffany.

 

"Im Yoona in the flesh!" I heard Hyo bellowed. She's so embarrassing sometimes.

 

"You're Hyoyeon?"

 

"The one and only." How the heck do they know each other? My question was immediately answered when Hyo introduced her.

 

"She's Im Yoona but all of you probably already know that."

 

"We posted an ad on craigslist and to tell you the truth we were shocked to know that it's really her," Soo added.

 

I wanted to ask why a famous actress like her would want to join a bunch of crazies in committing a crime but I had to ask a more important question. "You two deleted that ad, right? What were you thinking posting an ad that's looking for someone who wants to join your amateur group of thieves who know nothing about stealing?"

 

"Of course, we deleted it," Soo huffed and I would've believed her if she didn't hesitate and if Hyo didn't scramble up to her feet to get her phone, possibly to delete it. They both grinned at me but I ignored them and focused my attention back to the epitome of beauty that is Im Yoona.

 

I tried not to stare so much but it was just so hard plus the others were also shamelessly gawking at her so I might as well do the same. "Well, Sica, do you have anything to say about our team?"

 

I snapped my head back at Hyo, totally out of it. "I'm sorry what team?"

 

"WILD CATS!"

 

"Oh god will someone please shut her up?"