Let's Do It

Let's Steal Stuff

I can’t sleep, Sica.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

“Yeah, me too.”

 

I guess the three of us really aren’t used to sleeping without our night lights on. I know that sounded like we’re a bunch of little kids but we don’t give a crap what other people might think of us. We need our night lights.

 

“Now would be a good time to plan that robbery since we can’t really sleep.”

 

“I agree.”

 

These two idiots. I can’t believe they’re still thinking about that. “You didn’t convince me to do it while I was high, what makes you think I would agree to that stupid idea now?”

 

“Are you sure you’re not high anymore?” Hyo asked and I felt her shifting on the bed. “Lactobacillus.”

 

I started giggling like crazy. “That’s unfair! That word will always be funny to me.”

 

“Come on, Sica. Okay, how about this, we’d draw up a plan and that’s it. We’re not actually gonna do it. Think of it as something to do to make the time go faster considering how all three of us can’t sleep.”

 

Something tells me that I really shouldn’t agree to whatever they’re saying but doing something is better than staring at the ceiling even though that something could put us to jail.

 

“Fine,” I said as I sat up.

 

“Great,” I heard Soo say and a few seconds later she was already holding a pen and a paper. Hyo had the flashlight to her face. “So we’re going to need a team.”

 

“Really? I dunno, Hyo, I’m thinking three frail-looking girls are enough to rob a bank.”

 

“Trust me, Sica, I’ve seen this in tons of movies. It always starts with forming a team,” she answered, totally missing the sarcasm. “The most important thing is how to escape so we’re going to need a really good driver.”

 

“What about Soo?”

 

“No, no. She’s our weapons girl.”

 

“What do you need a weapons girl for?”

 

“Sica, are you an idiot? We can’t go rob a bank without anything to protect ourselves.”

 

“What? Like guns?”

 

“Yes but not with actual bullets in it. We're not murderers. Tranquilizers that are just enough to knock people out for a few hours.”

 

“Whatever. Skip the driver for now. What else?”

 

“We need someone who’s working in that bank. I’m sure you know lots. You did work there.”

 

One name came to mind. Someone who wouldn’t even try hurting a fly let alone rob the place she works at. “Seo Juhyun.”

 

“Write her name down and her contact number.”

 

Soo handed me the pen and paper she was holding and I wrote it down.

 

“We’re going to need someone who could bull her way to the moon and back.”

 

I didn’t need to think twice and I immediately wrote down Tiffany’s name. We don’t talk now but it’s not like this whole robbery thing is actually going to happen. “Done. Do we need someone rich to fund this robbery, too?”

 

“Yes! Wow, Sica, didn’t know you know a thing or two about robbing a bank. Do you have anyone in mind?”

 

The only one I know who’s rich and crazy enough to do that was a friend of mine back in grade school. Kim Taeyeon , the only daughter of some rich snobs from Jeonju. That girl’s got money to burn. I wrote her name down but that was it. I don’t even know if she was still staying in Jeonju. It’s been such a long time since I’ve seen that tiny thing.

 

Hyo took the paper from me and kept it in her pocket.

 

“So what now?”

 

“Now we sleep.” I looked at Soo and saw her nodding. I swear I’m friends with a bunch of weirdos.

 

 

---

 

 

I woke up the next day and I’m not even surprised anymore that Soo and Hyo have already left. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and lo and behold, there was no water coming out of the goddamn tap.

 

That's when I saw the note that was stuck to the door. "Bad news, Sica, looks like you forgot to pay for your water bill, too."

 

No , guys! When did I start being as irresponsible as those two? Now I have to swallow my pride and go to that one place I've been dreading to go back to.

 

hat's when I saw the note that was stuck to the door. "Bad news, Sica, looks like you forgot to pay for your water bill, too." 

 

No , guys! When did I start being as irresponsible as those two? Now I have to swallow my pride and go to that one place I've been dreading to go back to. 
 

--- 
 

"Jessica, dear, I'm glad you could visit us...at 6 am in the morning," my mom said as she welcomed me with a tight hug. 

 

I saw my sister preparing her things for school. "Hi, Jess, you look like you haven't taken a bath yet." 

 

Dammit! There goes my plan of taking a quick shower in my paents' house without letting them know. I guess a little lie won't hurt. "I somehow ran out of hot water at my place. I tried to get ir fixed but the guy said it was going to take hours and I can't wait for that. I can't be late for work."

 

"You can't be late grantint and signing people's insurance papers. That's a really nice job you got there, cous. It doesn't pay much but I'm sure you're glad you're helping people."

 

Exhibit A of why I hate coming here. Jiyeon. My cousin who's been living with us since she got her degree. Her parents and her two siblings are back in the states. Now I don't think I have to explain much. Her backhanded comment already screams "."

 

"I still feel bad that you got fired. I wish I could've done something."

 

Oh yeah, we worked in the same bank. We were hired at the same time but this probably blew someone...away with her skills, if you know what I mean, because a month later she suddenly got promoted.

 

"When I saw you walking at the driveway I had this silly thought that you came here to take a bath because you weren't able to pay your bills."

 

She just won't stop and I want to strangle her so badly.

 

"Who can't pay her bills? Jessi? Our Jessi? That's impossible. She knows her responsibilities. I taught her well."

 

And here comes exhibit B. Don't get me wrong I love my dad to the moon and back but he's expecting too much from me and every time he defends me I just feel worse.

 

I faked a laugh and sent a subtle glare towards Jiyeon. "Yeah. Impossible. Totally."

 

After that awkward and painstakingly long encounter, I took a quick shower and grabbed a bite of what my mom prepared for breakfast. I would've stayed longer and gobbled everything on the table if I wasn't about to be late.

 

"Jess, you want a ride?"

 

"No thanks. I'll go ahead and take the bus."

 

She shrugged. "Suit yourself."

 

I should have just walked away and not stare at her as she got on her brand new car which happened to be my dream car. I remember telling her about that when were in our freshman year.

 

How the could she eveb afford an Aston Martin and if she could afford that, then surely she could afford her own place and not live with my parents anymore.

 

Ugh! What a great way to start the day!

 

 

---

 

 

I shouldn't have checked my balance. It just got me feeling a bit tier. Where am I supposed to get the money to pay off my bills? I have to wait two more weeks to get my salary. Two weeks of not having water and electricity at home? Kill me now. Or maybe I could sell my TV or my bed...or maybe both. God no! I'm not--

 

"Jung, why are you daydreaming? It's not lunch time yet! Do that on your free time!"

 

This is my annoying supervisor who could literally be blown away if he stood in front of an industrial fan.

 

"You can't be slacking while the rest of us are working our asses off."

 

And by working his off he meant walking around the office attacking and badgering other employees for taking a tiny break after going through load of paperworks.

 

Man, I feel like that character James McAvoy played alongside the super hot Angelina Jolie on the movie "The Wanted." Should I pick up my keyboard and smash it on his face then walk out of the office like a bad mofo?

 

"And you're zoning out again! This is probably why you got fired from your previous job. People like you literally will never go anywhere with that attitude of yours."

 

Did he really just...? That's it. I'm done. I was a good employee. I took crap from my seniors and I never complained. Ever. I did my job and honestly I don't deserve this kind of treatment. I was never one to zone out during work and what did I get in return? I got sacked! So screw this. Screw this ty life. I've been a good person. I've had enough self control to not roundhouse kick the stupid douchebags at work but apparently doing that was prettg ing useless so screw being a good citizen.

 

Hyo, let's do it. Let's rob that goddamn bank!

 

And what better way to start being bad but getting back on the first people who screwed you over.

 

 

_____

spacing was all messed up ugh!