2

내 유일한 사랑 [My Only Love]

The wedding ceremony was held in a hotel since the couple's parents were, well you know, rich. The wedding was lively. The other relatives from other cities and countries came to see the groom and his bride. Chanyeol could only plaster plastic smiles for the guests. In his heart, only God knew how reluctant he was to continue this wedding.

"Mr. Wu Yifan. Do you accept truly accept Park Chanyeol as your soulmate and wife?"

"Yes, I do".

"Mr. Park Chanyeol. Do you accept truly Wu Yifan as your soulmate and husband?"

"Yes, I do".

With the vows from each side, Yifan was now Chanyeol's and Chanyeol Yifan's. The hotel was crowded with people and the atmosphere was golden and cheerful. Everyone wore elegant and luxurious attire.

"Chanyeol! Look here! We wanna take a picture!" Kyungsoo shouted from far with his Nikon camera in his hand. Chanyeol fixed his hair. As he about to let out a smile, he saw Kai from the back.

Kai, who is wearing an informal blue shirt looked at Chanyeol with sad, depressed eyes. Chanyeol's grip on his husband's arm suddenly loosened, a pang of guilt hitting his heart as if a gun had just shot him. Yifan, who noticed it immediately look at his wife. He followed Chanyeol's gaze and spotted the man who stood at the back.

"Who is that?" Yifan asked softly into his wife's right ear.

Shocked bu the elder's sudden question, Chanyeol suddenly took a step away. 

"I..I need to use the washroom." With that, Chanyeol hurried away, ignoring Kyungsoo's protests and weaved through the guests in search of the bathroom. 

"Chanyeol!" a voice called from behind once he reached the Men's room. 

Chanyeol froze when a familiar darker hand grabbed onto his wrist and stopped him from reaching for the door handle. He knew this voice, could recognize it from a mile away. He looked away though, too ashamed to meet the latter's gaze. 

"Why? Why did it turn out like this? You told me to wait until we graduated to think about the answer. But now, you've already married someone else! Is it  not enough to see me being tortured for 5 years waiting for you? Why did you do this to me?" the tan boy pleaded for an answer. "Chanyeol, please. Look at me."

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. But I had to... I owed it to someone. I had to, Jongin. I'm someone else's now. Please, forget me," Chanyeol quickly swerved from the door and dashed away into the crowd. Kai couldn't run after the boy as he was being gripped by a large hand from behind. He instantly looked around to see who is in the world was gripping hard on his shoulder, causing him to feel slight pain.

"Who the hell are you?" growled Yifan.

Kai was shocked. He had seen this guy before. The one who standing beside Chanyeol the whole time, probably his love's husband.

"Me? I'm Kai! The one who supposed to marry Chanyeol!" Kai retorted back sharply. 

Yifan laughed cynically. "Supposed to? Too bad, 'cuz he's my wife now. Don't disturb him or whatsoever. Do not try to ruin our marriage!" Yifan hissed at him. 

"I'm sure that he was married to you not because he loves you. But he has another reason that he's hiding from me! He doesn't love you!" Kai argued.

"Love or not, he's already mine. Stay away from him." With that, Yifan moved away as he knew that his warning had been place deep in the tanned boy's head.

Kai growl hard. He clenched his fist. It's like something had shattered his heart into pieces. Yeah he knew who the guilty one was.

 


 

"Chanyeol!" called Kyungsoo as he spotted the tall, black-haired boy in a matching black tuxedo. 

Chanyeol had just come back from his encounter with teary eyes and immediately ran to the boy. 

"Kyungsoo!" The tears that he tried to endure finally dropped, trailing his cheeks when he hugged his bestfriend.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked in shock. 

"J-Jongin was here".

"Jongin? How did he know you were getting married today?"

"I don't know. But he came. Why? He was the person I wanted to hide my marriage from. I can't believe this!" Chanyeol sobbed heavily into Kyungsoo's own suit until his make up got smudged all over his face. 

"Shhh! Let's go and wash that make up off, okay? Don't cry here. There are many people watching you!" Kyungsoo immediately pulled the taller back to the washroom.

"Now tell me! How could you decide to marry Yifan when you love Jongin?"  Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol told his bestfriend everything starting from A-Z about what had happened. He also told the shorter boy about Tao's incident and that Yifan was still blaming him for Tao's death and that he was doing this to compensate.

"My god, Chanyeol! It's not your fault Tao is gone! Why do you get trapped so easily by that bastard?" scolded Kyungsoo. He also his thte taller boy on the shoulder lightly.

"Tao asked me to be the part of his family. I love Tao." Chanyeol responded quietly.

"You are so stupid, you know that? Yifan gave that reason only because he wants his father's wealth! He lied, Chanyeol! How could you believe such a thing?" Once again Kyungsoo hit the boy's hand.

"But what if it's true?" Chanyeol asked, teary eyed.

"Park Chanyeol! You are the most gullible person in the world! Although you're smart and all, really, you are so vulnerable," sighed Kyungsoo. He felt so disappointed with his friend. Anyone could see through Yifan's facade. Anyone. Anyone except Chanyeol.

"What am I going to do now?" Chanyeol groaned, feeling a headache approaching. 

"What are you going to do? You can't ask me what you're going to do. You're the one who has to decide whether to believe him or not! You are the one who decided on this marriage without consulting with me first. You are the one who has to decide what do nest," Kyungsoo fumed, still frustrated. 

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol gripped the shorter's hand, asking for help.

"There is nothing I can help you with, Chanyeol. You are too weak right now. You have to become stronger, Chanyeol. You are too soft. So soft that somebody can bully you without you even realizing!" Kyungsoo continued. He wiped away the tears on Chanyeol's face.

"Eeek! Thank god that yours is light one. Now go to the sink and here," Kyungsoo took out a packet of make up remover napkins and handed it to Chanyeol. "Go and wipe off all the make up and then I'll reapply it for you."

Chanyeol did as told while Kyungsoo took out his foundation and the rest of his make up travel kit. 

 


 

Night had come. Although Yifan and Chanyeol's house were side to side, Mrs. Park pushed Chanyeol to sleepover in his parents-in-law's house.

The tired Chanyeol just walked towards the room after asking for the permission from all the people in the living room and they all told him to sleep with Yifan. He knocked the door of Yifan's room a few times. No answer. The boy tried to twist the doorknob, but it was locked. He knocked once again. This time, Yifan answered.

"Could you have some patience please, geez!" The door suddenly swung open, startling Chanyeol, eyes widening when he saw Yifan before him, with only a towel around his waist. He quickly turned away, blushing. Another smaller towel hung on Yifan's head as he rubbed it with his hand. And Chanyeol found it the view somehow... .

"Just come in," Yifan instructed and walked back to his bed, still only with a towel. 

"Please put on your clothes before lying on the bed. Your bed will get wet," Chanyeol sighed as he closed the door behind him. Even though Yifan was truly handsome, he never thought of Yifan as a lover or as a husband, only as a brother, but ever since that day of the accident, it was as a stranger. And he had no intention of becoming close with Yifan again and he knew that neither did the latter. 

Chanyeol took out his clothes of his bag and a towel before walking into the bathroom, not before rolling his eyes at Yifan's comeback. "My bed, I can do whatever I want,"

Yifan shut his eyes as he turned off the bed lamp, the only source of the light in the room being the bathroom. 

"Suit yourself, hyung." Chanyeol replied nonchantly as he closed the bathroom door and locked it.

Yifan opened his eyes again when he heard the click of the door. He slowly stood up from the bed and moved towards Chanyeol's bag. He threw his wife's clothes out of the bag purposely. His hand suddenly reached a cloth and unexpectedly, it was his wife's underwear. He stared at the piece of cloth for a while time before letting it join the others on the floor.

His hands still dug through the younger's bag. His eyes spotted the younger's wallet and he opened it. What he was searching for, he himself didn't know. But inside, he found a photo. It was Tao. At the back of the photo, there is a message in messy handwriting. He opened the bed lamp to read it.

 

Tao, I love you. I miss you, my dongsaeng.

 

Yifan was slightly startled. His mind instantly replaying about Tao. But when he heard the shower turn off, he put the photo back to where it had been. The bed lamp shut off.

The bathroom door opened wide and Chanyeol walk out in his pajamas. His eyes grew wide as he saw his clothes strewn all across the floor. Even his underwear!.

"What with all this?" asked Chanyeol, trying to stay calm. 

"What?" answered Yifan from the bed. 

"What is this? Why are my clothes scattered on the floor?" Chanyeol nearly shouted, but immediately foced himself to take a deep breath. 

"I don't know. I'm gonna sleep now," Yifan took out a pair of boxers from his wardrobe and slipped them on. He threw his towel on the younger boy head. Take that!

Chanyeol tried to be patient. He took the elder towel on his head and placed the clothes scattered back into his bag. After that, he hung the elder's towel on the place provided.

He reached his phone, calling Kyungsoo.

"Hey, Kyungsoo! You weren't sleeping, were you?" Chanyeol said into the phone.

"Ah, no. I was just about to. Why?"

"Could you help me please?"

"What is it?".

"Tell Jongin that I'm truly sorry and that I'll make it up to him somehow."

Yifan got up from the bed with a speed of deer and snatched his wife's phone away. Chanyeol jumped as he glared angrily at the latter. 

"What the hell?!" shrieked Chanyeol in rage. 

Yifan hung up the call and stared at his wife with his hawk eyes. And Yifan had to admit, the boy somehow look......seductive. With his wet hair. his pinky lips, his fair skin, and his hardened eyes. Just like a girl.

"Give me back my phone." Chanyeol requested, his palm reaching out as he waited. 

"Don't call anybody now. Do you know what time it is? It's already one in the morning! Other people also need to sleep." Yifan returned to his bed. Before he lay down, he glanced at the younger boy and said. "Sleep on the floor!" The elder threw a pillow and a blanket to the latter.

Chanyeol glared even harder, nearly throwing daggers the older with his eyes before huffing and grumbling under his breath. "It's like I wanted to sleep with you anyways."

"Hyung," Chanyeol then called out. 

Yifan who just on his way to the dreamland, got disturbed by the younger boy. He sat up on his bed. "What?!"

"In the future, do not ook through my things without my permission. I want my privacy. Do not even think about laying your hands on any of my things."

Yifan didn't answer. 

The younger spread out the comforter on the floor beside the elder's bed. His eyes shut slowly and Chanyeol slowly went to the dreamland.

 


 

The clock showed four in the morning. Chanyeol's slumber was disturbed by Yifan who suddenly rolled from the bed and crashed onto his lanky body.

"Hyung! That hurt!" Chanyeol groaned. He struggled pushed the latter off of him but to no avail. Geez this guy! Is he dead?! Huh! I bet if a bomb exploded beside him, he wouldn't hear a thing!

"Hyung!" Chanyeol tried again and again to push the elder's body. But the Sleeping God didn't move a bit. Yifan's face was really near the younger's right elf ear and it somehow sent chills up the younger's spine. He could only shut his eyes tight.

"Hyung! You bettter wake up before I kick you in the nuts!" Chanyeol said, trying to stay calm. 

Yifan remained asleep. 

Chanyeol tried to push him once again, but failed. This body was way too heavy. Yifan move to Chanyeol left ear, giving Chanyeol space to finally breathe. Suddenly, the younger felt the elder hands wrap around his tiny waist. Chanyeol froze in surprise. Yifan's eyes were still closed, but he was obviously conscious enough to hug the body next to him. The more Chanyeol pushed, the tighter Yifan is hugged the boy.

Chanyeol didn't have anymore energy left. Finally, he gave up and let himself be hugged by the person who recognized him as a murderer. Yifan gritted his teeth in silence. It hut to endure these feelings of anger and guilt. 

The early morning passed, leaving Chanyeol in Yifan's embrace.