Part 1: What if she's Hurt?

Mr. Black Sequel (EXO Kai Fanfiction - Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys... I'm coming with an update... yoohoo~ ^o^
Continuing the cliffhanger in the previous chapter, here is chapter 8 for you.... This chapter will consist of several sub-chapters (around 8). And... it probably will be the last chapter of Mr. Black Sequel. Sounds good? or bad? kkk xD 
Anyway, enjoy your reading... and please anticipate for the rest of sub-chapters to come :D
_____________________


Previously on Mr. Black Sequel:
Hana who was suffering from period sickness finally got better after Jongin went home and took care of her, giving her medicine and hugging her in bed to help her relieve the pain. Unexpectedly soon after, Hana's and Jongin's parents made a sudden visit and declared that Hana were not permitted to live with Jongin anymore since he had endangered Hana's life several times by involving her in dangerous missions. Admitting to his fault Jongin just couldn't do anything but to let Hana's parents take her away from him for unspecified time.

_____________________

8.1. What if she's Hurt?

Left in solitude in the middle of the night was surely not the best experience in the life page of our Kim Jongin. Especially when the love of his life was taken away that he could do nothing but gazing at her till the time she stepped out of his house. He could not hug her for the very last time, neither say a good bye. Things just happened so quickly and unexpectedly in a not-so-good way.

Given the unfortunate situation, Jongin could not help but being consumed in the vivid shadow of remorse. The restless noise inside his head kept shouting, yelling at him with blames and accusations for putting Hana in danger all this time. With those negative feelings and thoughts alone, Jongin should have given up on already. But his heart could not ever do that.

As much as he hated himself for failing again and again in keeping Hana safely unscratched, he wanted her to be by his side, never ever be separated. He wanted her back. But maybe not this time, he concluded before he took Hana's pajama dress lying on the bed and cuddled it to sleep.

Well, yeah, Jongin tried the hardest to sleep, to calm his nerve and cool his head down. But with the trace of scent Hana left him with, in every part of the room, the dress, pillow, bed sheet, and even his own skin, Jongin's sense could not stop being conscious. Though his eyes were shut, his brain was not. It was going to be a sleepless night for him, apparently. Guess why? Because some random guest was coming.

"Kim Jongin. Can I come in?" A tall sturdy man with short grey hair and glasses standing in front of the house gate appeared in a CCTV screen set inside Jongin's bedroom.

Quite surprised noticing who was currently talking to him, Jongin quickly took his wireless communication device and said, "No."

"I'm still your guest, son. Come on, I have a good offer for you." Attempting to lure him with an offer, Jongin couldn't help but frowning at the old man. He was suspicious. Jongin could sense that.

"You seriously have a heart of gold, Mr. Kang. You still want me even after I failed your mission."

"I'm Kang Jaehyuk after all. I'd love talented people like you to join in my crusade. So, care to take me inside? It's kind of cold here."

"Nope. I'm sorry, sir." Jongin was quick to deny. He would never let the bad guy invade his home. "I don't feel like staying at home by now. I need some fresh air, sir. So, mind taking a walk with me?"

"Well, that's a nice idea, actually."

After changing to his all-black outfit which was his usual snapback-jacket-t-shirt-jeans-converse combination, Jongin finally came out of his house to be greeted right away by his uninvited guest.

"Something bothering you?" Kang Jaehyuk sheepishly smiled at Jongin as soon as he opened the fence of his home.

"Your coming, sir." He chuckled at Jongin's direct answer.

"I know it's not entirely about me."

"Maybe not." Jongin shrugged before he walked away leaving the old man behind.

"You know, son. I can give you hundreds of girls a lot ier than your amateur-actress wife. So,cheer up. Just let her go. It's much of a hassle for you to get her parents' heart back."

At the mention of the supposedly confidential things about Hana, Jongin stopped walking and chuckled to himself. It just occurred to him that all this time, started from when he made a pact with Kang Jaehyuk, he had obliviously let his house bugged. Considering the inner side of the house was protected with security-tech devices to detect any alien stuffs, Jongin assumed that this old man could afford more sophisticated bug planted in the house exterior, which he never expected.

"It's funny how I'm not surprised you know about my little trick and dramatic breakup." Jongin turned around and showed the old man his infamous smirk.

"You shouldn't be. Because I am..."

"Kang Jaehyuk." Jongin butted in, making the old man smirked at him back. "I'm always impressed with your impeccable success in escaping law by the way."

"Thanks. I'm honored you noticed."

"You're welcome. But let us be clear, sir. What is it that you want from me now?" Jongin decided to be direct. He wanted to end the unpleasant strolling session with that old man soon.

"A dedication." Jaehyuk smugly smiled.

"Ouwh...That's expensive, sir."

Jongin shook his head and chuckled for the umpteenth time. This old man kept giving him ridiculous surprises, he was amused.

"Not when I have your trump cards, son." Jaehyuk gestured his bodyguard who funnily followed him around to hand him a document before he finally gave it to Jongin.

After learning what was written on the document, Jongin was even more amused. "Whoa, so now I'm a suspended lawyer?"

"And a crime suspect as well." Jaehyuk's man showed Jongin the screen of a newly-released I-Pad, where he could read a headline news reporting a massive destruction of Yoon family's mansion by an unknown group of mercenaries led by a former police agent who was currently running a law firm. Though the face of the suspect was blurred, his personal inform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter