Bleeding Inside

Mr. Black Sequel (EXO Kai Fanfiction - Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after the previous mission-impossible they were going through together, Hana and Jongin were staying at the hospital for about three days. They were laying on bed next to each other in the VIP room, sometimes chatting while having their foods, or they just slept all day relying on the intravenous feeds to survive. Hana and Jongin did that just so they would get the better recovery after such a messy situation which not only exhausted them physically, but also mentally.

 

Well, to be obvious, things were indeed rough back then. Jongin was beaten up for good by Kang Jaehyuk men. Bruises were evident on his face, not to mention on his own body. But thankfully he was still alive, breathing, and still got the confidence to smirk upon reminiscing his success of getting Kang Jaehyuk down eventually.

 

As for Hana, the roughness began with the nerves Yoon Chohee had got her. Then, she had to do her best to perform the psychotic yet dramatic acting of killing her own husband with her very own hands. And that was only meant to fool the burned potato man who had choked her by the throat but shamelessly tried to hit on her as well. She seriously was experiencing a turbulence of emotion, and that stayed with her up to this moment, which was bad enough, for Jongin especially.

 

“Why? I should go to office now. I’ll have a meeting with an important client. He’s a plaintiff and he wants me to submit the request to take his legal complaint over the fraud case to the court soon. So, I have to arrive in the office on time, so I can meet him to get his side of story straight, compile evidence, and make the report.” Unexpectedly, Jongin retorted passionately with a bundle of annoyance inside him. That was the result of getting nagged by Hana over and over again this very morning. Jongin didn’t know why, but Hana made such a big fuss when he woke up with the trace of drool on the side of his mouth and when she found out that he ate his breakfast without brushing his teeth beforehand. Any other day, Hana just ignored that bad habit of Jongin, but today, she was not cool about those things at all.

 

“Sad to say, but you’re not going to work all the things you’ve told me with your sleepy face and messy hair. I’ve got to say, you don’t look great today.” Hana emphasized her last clause as she made a face. Grimacing, to be exact.

 

“I’ve got no time arguing, darling. See you around.” Ignoring whatever Hana said about his look, Jongin turned around, ready to dash out of the front door.

 

“Not so fast, oppa. If you don’t want to wash your face, I’m doing it! Follow me!”

Hana dragged Jongin to the bathroom downstairs and did what she wanted to do, like scrubbing his face with facial foam, washing it clean till she put some face cream and stuffs on it very thoroughly. So that, minutes later, her victim’s face was divine enough to be stared at by women all over the world for viewing pleasure.

 

“Okay, now my face is fresh like it is new. So excuse me my pretty lady. I got to go.” Jongin forced a smile and was ready to go, but dang it! Hana yanked him back.

 

“Wait up!”

 

“What is it again, sweetheart?” Please do imagine how crook Jongin’s smile was at the moment, as he had to hold his sore feeling when Hana grimaced at him for the umpteenth time.

 

“Why do you think it is right for you not to wear socks inside your shoes, dear my sweet husband?” Gotcha! Hana noticed the lack of details in Jongin’s office get-up. So, there was no way he could move an inch from his house yet.

 

“Well, it’s not like it’s my first time though. In fact, I didn’t wear socks everytime I go to my office.” Jongin said in a very honest way possible.

 

“Well too bad I didn’t tell you to do so any sooner. But, let me be clear for once. If you don’t wear socks, your feet are going to be slimmy with sweat not to mention very smelly, and your clients are not going to be so happy to smell your smelly feet, so they would decide not to use your service ever again, and bam! You’re jobless. I’m not going to let that happen, so wear this pair of socks. Will you?”

Hana’s look was intimidating. Jongin just could not disobey her, this time. Maybe next time, he would. Just try harder!

 

“Alright. For you, I’ll do this.” Another bitter smile formed in Jongin’s lips.

 

“Very good.” Hana nodded, giving her approval.

 

“Okay, thanks. So, can I go now?” Jongin was almost so confident that Hana finally would set him off. But, no.

 

“Not so fast, oppa.” Hana yanked him back again.

 

“What. Is. It. Again?” Jongin emphasized every word in his interrogative sentence. Jongin was being even more impatient this time.

 

“Won’t you give me ‘that thing’ before going?” Yeah, Jongin just couldn’t keep up anymore with what Hana wanted, especially because she was being so cryptic with that thing stuff.

 

Taking a very deep breath, Jongin was ready to raise his voice to yell at her, but... no, he couldn’t do that. Instead, he put his hands on both of her shoulders and showed his begging expression.

 

“Just tell me what it is. I’ve got a job waiting, Hana. Please. Let me go.”

 

Shrugging, Hana casually said, “I just want a simple morning kiss, though.”

 

“Oh! I thought you were going...” Jongin scratched his hand on the back of his head, feeling so silly that he could not see Hana’s request coming. But hey! There was not enough time for thinking about your silliness! Jongin’s brain alarmed. So, this time, he was the one to yank Hana closer to do what’s neccessary – the kiss, it was.

 

“Well, the kiss is very significant for my day. Wouldn’t ever miss it.”

***

 

“I’m coming!” After a long day hours of work, Jongin eventually came back from his office in the evening. He should have found his wife as soon as he got back home because it was Hana’s day off today. But she was nowhere to be found.

 

“Hana, where are you?” Jongin checked the downstairs rooms, from living room to the corner of the kitchen, but Hana was not there.

 

“Hana, are you upstairs?” There was still no response from her. Jongin grew worried. He hurriedly went up the stairs and checked his bedroom, the bathroom inside, the study room, two other bed rooms, but failed. He couldn’t find her there.

 

“Oh my goodness! What happened to you? Why are you crying here, Hana?” Jongin was so much terrified as he looked at Hana who was clutching onto her stomach whilecurling in a fetal position on the cold floor. Without further ado, Jongin scooped her up and took her to the bed. He then covered her with the blanket and brushed away the hair covering her face.

 

“Hana, what’s wrong with you?” This time, Jongin caressed Hana’s cheeks which were pink, thanks to the cold air.

 

“I’m bleeding inside, oppa.” She said before groaning in pain.

 

“Huh? Bleeding? Why? And why the balcony? It’s so cold outside.” Jongin was about to burst into tears seeing Hana in this state.

 

“I thought I could get a fresh air there, but it’s getting more hurtful.” Even though it was so painful, Hana still managed to answer some of Jongin’s question. She did not want Jongin to be too much worried over her. As much painful as it could be, she knew she could still survive. She had the ample experience on this physical pain. It was just a little bit too much to bear this time, as compared to the other time before.

 

“We got to get you to the hospital.” Jongin pulled his phone out of his jacket to call the ambulance, but Hana urged him not to do so.

 

“No need to, oppa.” She gripped Jongin’s fingers, tightly enough to make him slightly cringed.

 

“No, you look pale. And you’ve been pretty... weird lately. So I’m not risking it.” Jongin was unexpectedly being too honest with what he had been thinking about Hana. He could not help it. Because it was true that after going back from the mission, Hana’s emotional state was quiet unstable.

 

In a day, she could be overly reflective as she confided to Jongin how she regretted when she was very impulsive, running away from home to escape the engagement with him. A few hours later, she could even be a drama queen by literally crying non-stop over a sad scene in a drama she watched after dinner or over her suddenly broken camera. Then, as the matter of fact, she also could be very grumpy over little things which result in telling Jongin to do this and that, like the one happened just now in the morning before he went to the office.

“Are you trying to say that I’m going crazy?” As if she could read Jongin’s mind, Hana got herself up to the sitting position and glared at Jongin. She was slightly offended at the mention of weird word coming out of Jongin’s mouth, not to mention the worried look in his eyes. As for the pain she was bearing, it was subsided temporarily. Clearing things up was her top priority.

 

“Well... I’m not saying that. It’s just I’m worried you have a very bad effect on you after the mission. You know, I feel bad about everything. About Chohee, about Kang Jaehyuk men, and about my decision to take you in the mission, again.” Jongin grabbed his hair up in frustration, and that made Hana’s heart clenched. He seriously cared about her, she thought should not blame him from being worried.

 

“Hey, calm down. I’ll be fine sooner. I’m just having....”

 

Without giving Hana the chance to explain, Jongin just grabbed her hands together while saying, “No matter what happens, I’ll always stay with you.” He tried to assure Hana with his nod and sad expression as if he was going to say that he’s going to be by Hana’s side even though she’s going crazy. Hana appreciated Jongin’s loyalty, she promised. But to be accused of having mental disorder, well, uhm... seriously? Hana just could not stay silent about it.

 

“Look! With all due respect, dear my endearing husband, Kim Jongin. I have to tell you that I am okay. Totally okay. There is nothing wrong with my head, and I am perfectly sane.” Hana made her words clear with her awesome intonation. Jongin, in the end, believed her.

 

“So, what happened to you? You don’t look okay to me.” Well, he might believe her, but his worries never faded away.

 

“I was just having unpleasant emotional feelings before the bleeding begins. That’s all.” It should explain things, but Jongin was still wearing his confused face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter