Chapter 7

Not again, Never.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey my lovely readers! I had time to write this week so here you guys go - an update! ^^ I want to give a huge thanks to my 60+ subscribers it means so much to me honestly!! And all of you who comments (Shoutouts to Aya-Elf :D) other than that I hope you enjoy it as always! :P Have a great day/night *makes a heart shape with my arms* Annyeong!

- author-nim :)

So I’ve been really reflecting on my brother’s previous words. I guess he’s right. If I ever want Donghae to “accept” me, I’ll have to woo him in a way. More work than I was prepared to do, but I’m already invested so there’s no turning back now.

          It’s the end of the day and I’m getting ready to leave. I start to wonder if my target is still at school or not. I grab my phone and call him.

“Hello?” he said, and I can tell by his tone that he’s tired.

“Hey it’s Hyuk.” I say but instantly regret it when he responds with “Yeah I know. I have caller ID silly,” and laughs.

“Oh..yeah Ha-ha” I retort with a nervous laugh rubbing the back of my neck with my free hand. ‘What is wrong with me? What am I getting nervous for?’

“So what can I help you with Hyuk?”

“Um well I was wondering if you were still at school?” I say in the most relaxed voice I could manage.

“Yes I am, but I’m actually leaving right now. Why do you ask?”

          Crap. I called him not even knowing why. ‘Quick think of something!’

“Uh..it’s about your brother…” I tell him.

“What about him?” he says but I notice the concern in his words.

“Nothing…it’s just…um…” That’s when it hits me. What Daehyun told me and Kyuhyun earlier. “He left in a hurry at lunch today and told me to tell you that he’d be home late and not to wait up for him. I forgot to tell you before.” ‘Nice save there, Hyuk!’ I think mentally high-fiving myself.

“Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. Is that all?”

“Yes...I mean no!” I nearly shout. ‘. That was a bit too enthusiastic.’ “I mean no actually.” I say calmly. “I wanted to know if you would have dinner with me.”

“Oh I see.” I’m pretty sure I heard him chuckle at the end, but I shrug it off. “I don’t know Hyuk…”

I cut him off before he declines. “Come on Donghae, do me the great honor of eating with me tonight?” I charm my way through.

He hesitates at first, but I know I got through to him when he says “OK. Why not?”

“Perfect. Meet me at the front of the school. I’ll be waiting.” I say before hanging up smiling victoriously.

          ‘You can try playing hard to get Donghae, but I’ll get you in the end.’ I think getting in my car and driving towards to where I’m to meet my date.

-

I’m waiting for Donghae. I’m leaning against the passenger door with my arms crossed. I still can’t believe I have to do all this just to get him on the list. This has better work.

As I’m lost in thoughts, a voice breaks me out of them from the distance. I snap of it and notice Donghae walking towards me. His smile is breathtaking as always. I smile right back at me. He nears and I’m the first to speak.

“Ready to go?” I say with a wink.

“I guess there’s no turning back now.” He says, smirking.

“Nope, you’re mine tonight.” I say, knowing full well it could me something else.

“Before you get any ideas, dinner is all we’ll be having.” He retorts with a small laugh.

I nod, smirking at him. I get off the car and open the door for Donghae. He walks past me and gets in. I close the door and head towards the driver’s side and get in. Soon enough, we’re driving off, and the school is getting smaller and smaller behind us.

I decided to take us to this local family owner restaurant my friends and I like to go to. We’ve gotten to know the owners pretty well and they always treat us extra special. I’ve never brought anyone apart from the guys here, but I had a feeling that Donghae wasn’t the type to fan over expensive meals and luxury restaurants. I got the sense that a place like this would suit his liking more.

When the car comes to a stop, I look over at Donghae and I can tell by the look on his face that he’s not familiar with this place. We get out of the vehicle and I lean him to our destination. Once we’re inside, I hear my name being shouted.

“Halmoni!” I say walking towards the older woman in front of me. She’s one of the owners. The boys and I got so comfortable with her that she insisted me call her that.

“How’re you? How’re the boys? You guys haven’t been around to see me in while.” She says with a pout at the end.

“I know! Miane. I’ve been very busy recently. I promise to come by more often. I’ve been craving your food all day!” I say with a pleading look.

“Alright then let’s get some delicious into you!” she says giggling. She’s about to walk away when she looks past me and sees Donghae.

“And who are you?” she walks by me and stops in front of the newcomer.

Donghae just smiles at her. “This is Donghae, my date.” I interject, answering for him. I can see a faint of blush on his cheeks at my choice of words.

She squeals. “You’re date? You’ve never brought a date here before.” Seeing as my friends and I have come here a lot, the owners and regular staff have come know us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter