Chapter 4 (Choice I)

Horrendous.

Daehyun grimaced before looking up at her only to smile again, ‘no, no, it’s okay. I totally understand!’

Hyeri lightly tapped on the doorknob with her fingers, she couldn’t let him go like this, he came all the way here to check on her, after all! She cleared , let her eyes wander off and casually said.

‘We can also do something fun at my place, if you want to? We can watch movies over here too…’ she looked right back at him again and decided to quickly add something to that question so he wouldn’t think she liked him. ‘I mean, if you really want to do something tonight, I don’t have anything to do either…’ She threw him her sweetest smile.

Daehyun nodded enthusiastically, ‘yes, sure! That sounds great! How late do you want me to be here?’

Hyeri put eight fingers in the air and grinned. ‘Eight o’clock sounds good, right?’

Daehyun nodded again and ruffled his hair. ‘I will be there at eight o’clock then!’

Hyeri nodded slowly, ‘well, I see you in a few hours.’

‘Yeah you will, bye!’ Daehyun smiled one last time and waved.

Then Hyeri closed the door and deeply sighed.

Strangely, she was really looking forward towards her ‘date’ (or as she liked to call it, ‘appointment’,) with Daehyun. She stood in front of the mirror to check whether what she was wearing was ok enough. She sighed happily and brushed her hand through her hair.

‘I should’ve put on the other outfit,’ she told herself, pursing her lips together.

The doorbell rang, her eyes widened. What’s the time? She glanced at her digital clock. 8:02pm. She took another look in the mirror. He is quite punctual, she thought as she checked her make-up one last time. Ah well, it was just Daehyun anyway, she looked good. She ran down the stairs as fast as possible and then waited ten seconds to catch her breath, so that she wouldn’t open the door while she was panting like a dog.

‘Hey there!’ She said while opening the door. ‘Come in!’

Daehyun stepped inside the house, smiling gratefully. ‘Hello!’

He took off his jacket and somewhat helpless, he looked for a place to put it.

She chuckled, ‘allow me.’ She took his jacket and hung it over someone else’s coat, she managed to smell a bit of Daehyun’s jacket. It smelled so freaking good. Daehyun walked towards the living room.

‘Are your parents home?’ he asked her.

‘No, they aren’t,’ she answered back from over the hallway.

‘Wow, and you trust me this much? I’m shocked!’ she heard him chuckle.

She walked over to the living room, while smiling broadly, ‘ah well, I can’t distrust everyone, can I?’

Daehyun shook his head and grinned. ‘Ya, little anti-social girl, what do you want to watch? I brought some movies in case you weren’t able to make up your mind.’

‘Tss, I’m actually very good at making up my mind!’

‘Sure you are, then, what movie did you plan to watch?’

‘Ehm…’

In all honesty, Hyeri had hoped that Daehyun knew a good movie. At home, she only had girl movies, and she didn’t really think that Daehyun would be eager to watch Monte Carlo, The Fault in Our Stars or The Hunger Games.

‘I don’t really know…’ she admitted.

‘Ha, didn’t I tell you!’ he laughed, quite triumphant.

‘Oh no, I do know!’ Hyeri smiled evilly, ‘what about The Devil Wears Prada?’

Daehyun laughed louder and nodded, ‘okay, sounds great!’

‘Really?’ She looked at him, squinting her eyes.

‘I’d prefer something else, but if you want to watch it, we’ll watch it.’ He raised his shoulders.

‘That’s so sweet of you!’ Hyeri was smiling amused, ‘but we’ll watch something like The Avengers, anyway something you’ll enjoy. We’ll search on the internet.’

Daehyun shook his head, laughing, ‘nope, now we’re going to watch The Devil Wears… Pardat?’

‘Prada,’ Hyeri corrected.

‘Yes! We’ll watch it!’

Hyeri sighed, chuckling, ‘okay, we’ll watch it. I hope you enjoy it.’

Daehyun smirked, ‘I’m sure I will.’

After Hyeri had prepared drinks and some snacks, she started the The Devil Wears Prada DVD. From the very start, Daehyun kept commenting on Andy’s decisions and instead of following the movie closely, they laughed every other minute and probably talked more to each other than the characters did in the movie itself. The living room counted two sofas, one was placed vertical to the right of the TV while the other one was opposite the TV. Daehyun took the vertical one and Hyeri made herself comfortable on the other.

‘Freaking hell,’ Daehyun stated at one point in the movie, ‘I don’t even like what she’s wearing right now!’

‘Daehyun, those clothes must’ve cost a million! And the movie is quite old too…’

‘Damn, I would run and sell those clothes and quit that freaking job.’

Hyeri laughed, ‘okay, quite a clever thing.’

A little later, ‘why is that guy so harsh on her? Geez. Let her have a nice job and look y.’

‘Would you want your girlfriend to change like that?’

‘Well, she didn’t change that much. He’s being salty.’

‘Wouldn’t you mind at all?’

‘Look at how nice she’s dressed, I wouldn’t mind!’

‘You didn’t like her before?’

‘Yes, I did, but she dresses better. That’s the only difference, it’s not that big of an issue.’

‘Well, she’s going to change…’

‘Hush!’ Daehyun shouted. ‘You spoiler!’

‘I wasn’t going to spoil anything!’

Daehyun laughed, ‘sure, you weren’t!’

‘But…’ Hyeri’s voice turned soft, ‘would you not care about what she looked like?’

‘Hmm,’ Daehyun thought for a moment. ‘No, not specifically, she can dress like she want and be like she want. I’d love her anyway.’

‘Would you care while searching a girlfriend?’ Hyeri still faced the TV, but her eyes were looking in Daehyun’s direction.

Daehyun turned around to look at her, when their eyes met, there was a little bit of awkwardness.

‘Not specifically.’ He smiled sweetly at Hyeri, ‘why?’

Hyeri’s eyes turned big and she lightly panicked, she decided to laugh it off.

‘Nothing, just curious. A girl always wants to know the thoughts of a boy, heh.’

‘I guess so,’ Daehyun replied. He remained silent for a little while, turned back to the TV and then added, ‘some girls shouldn’t worry about whether they are pretty enough for a guy or not. I wish they knew they were without making an extra effort, it’s still flattering though.’

Hyeri frowned but didn’t dare to say a thing, the room was filled with an odd kind of tension and she didn’t know how to break it. Maybe it was just the way she experienced it, anyway.

Daehyun clicked with his tongue. ‘Paris baby!’

‘Ever been there?’ Hyeri was glad he knew how to break the tension.

‘No, but I’d like to do so sometime.’

‘Oh really? Me too! It seems awesome.’

‘Have you ever been out of the country?’

‘Nope, once you enter this village, there’s not much more you’re going to see the rest of your life.’

‘Ah damn,’ Daehyun chuckled, ‘I wish I’d never come here!’

Hyeri turned her head around in shock, ‘wait, do you really?’

‘Nah, it’s okay here. There’s everything a human needs. Busan was better, though.’

‘Well, of course! Why did you leave there anyway?’

‘Things went wrong, and well, I wanted to start all over.’

‘How wrong?’

Daehyun shook his head, ‘very wrong.’

‘You… Still don’t want to talk about it?’

‘Rather not, it’s still really hard for me to talk about.’

He gave her a lopsided smile and she returned a pitying one sympathetically.

‘That’s okay, I’m there if you need me though!’

‘That’s very sweet of you,’ Daehyun told her while now widely smiling at her. ‘I’ll be there for you too.’

Hyeri grinned broadly, ‘that’s great!’

They were quiet for a little while, but soon started talking about the difference between Busan and this place, then went on about how awesome they both thought France was. After a long conversation, Hyeri looks back at the screen and sees that the credits have show up.

She laughed, ‘now do you know what happened in the end?’

‘No, I was too busy enjoying another lady.’

Hyeri blushed, ‘oh really?’

‘Yes, of course, she’s really enjoyable!’

‘Is it me?’ Hyeri carefully asked.

Daehyun smirked, ‘no, but you’re quite enjoyable as well!’

Hyeri stuck out her tongue and chuckled, then she glanced at the clock.

‘How late do you have to be home?’

‘My uncle doesn’t really matter.’

Hyeri stretched herself and got off the sofa.

‘I think it’s time to go, though. I need much sleep.’

‘Oh yeah, that’s true, you’re still ill. You haven’t infected me, have you?’

Hyeri laughed, ‘I’ve just been coughing over your drinks for a while, nothing too serious.’

Daehyun also got up.

‘If you’ve really infected me, you have to watch a movie at my house, okay?’ Daehyun looked at Hyeri playfully.

‘But you came here out of free will!’ Hyeri replied, indignant.

‘True, but it was fun!’

‘Okay, I can’t deny that.’ She sighed, ‘deal.’

‘Yes!’ Daehyun cheered and snatched a hand full of sweet popcorn before walking out of the room.

‘You shameless monkey!’ Hyeri followed him out of the door.

Daehyun skilfully took his coat with his free hand and winked at her, he then tried to eat out of his popcorn hand. It was undoable, Hyeri watched him and laughed. Daehyun managed to grab one piece of popcorn between his lips and laid his head in his neck, he parted his lips and the popcorn fell right into his mouth. He raised his hands in the air, celebrating his victory. Hyeri  joyfully rolled her eyes as Daehyun smirked.

‘Let me help you,’ she insisted, her hands already moving towards the jacket, ‘before it all falls on the ground and I have to clean it up.’

‘No, no, no,’ Daehyun backed away, ‘I’m trying to impress you!’

Hyeri chuckled, ‘you’ve already done a great job in doing that today, if you go on like that you’ll over-impress me!’

Daehyun glanced at her, his eyes sparkling, ‘I did?’

Hyeri turned a bit shy and looked down, smiling widely.

Softly she replied, ‘yeah, you quite did.’

Daehyun raised his arms again, smiling proud.

‘Ah, go away you,’ Hyeri laughed.

‘Alright, alright.’

Daehyun shoved the rest of the popcorn in his mouth and put on his jacket. Out of his pocket he fished his beanie. He put it on but then rethought and took it off. Hyeri frowned at him, rather confused.

‘Why aren’t you going to wear it?’ she asked.

‘Do want to get ill.’ He grinned.

She shook her head while she chuckled and took the beanie. She pulled it over his head.

‘There you go, it should cover your ears and be really warm.’

‘Thank you for your unwanted help.’

‘You’re most welcome!’ Hyeri laughed while holding up her fingers, doing a peace sign.

Daehyun walked towards the door and opened it.

‘Well, see you Monday! Unless I fall ill, of course…’

 Hyeri laughed, ‘don’t fall ill, it’s horrible!’

‘I won’t, bye!’

Daehyun waved and walked down the driveway.

‘Bye bye! See you Monday!’

► Hyeri waved till she wasn’t able to see him anymore and quickly got back inside, it was quite cold in front of the open door. Regardless of that, she felt very warm, and freaking happy as well.

 


 

A/N: Hey there! Happy new year! It's been a long time, but I didn't forget about Hyeri and Daehyun. Instead, I've been really busy thinking about all kind of scenarios, but school kicked in. REALLY HARD. Anyway, because the choice made in the previous chapter is such a big one, it will divide the story up. Therefore, I didn't think it was needed to think of another choice-option. It's time to go with the flow for a little while~ First I have to upload the other choice before I can continue on this one though, that will also be a go-with-the-flow-one. I still need to start on the other choice, but I know precisely what's going to happen so it shouldn't take me too long...  I hope... I'll do my best anyway. ^^

Hope you all enjoy, thoughts and tips are much appreciated!