Chapter 3

You're Happy, Right?

Kris’s Side:

 

Kris stared at Hyejeong, not knowing where to start but knowing that she has the right to know, Kris gathered up his courage and stared into Hyejeong’s eyes. “I need to confess something to you but I don’t know how to. I had a party last night and something happened during the party. I slept with Sumin because I thought she was you and I was super drunk. I didn’t use protection when doing it so I don’t know what’ll happen. She told me that if she’s pregnant then I’m not the father but I know that she’s a and I took it away. I’m really sorry I don’t kn--”

 

Hyejeong pressed her lips on Kris’s, cutting him off and smiles at him. “It’s okay. Everything is going to be all right. I know you didn’t do it on purpose and I completely understand.” Kris stared at her, not knowing what to do or how to respond. He knew for sure that she was hurt but her eyes were telling otherwise. Kris hugs her tight, thanking her for understanding.

 

Sumin’s Side:

 

Sumin was done packing. She wanted to get away as fast as she can. She didn’t want to see Kris nor his girlfriend. “Dad, when are we going? I’m already done with packing.” Her dad enters her room, taking her suitcase and smiles, “Now. I’ve already packed my things.”

 

Walking out of her room, she locks it and sighs. “What’s going to happen to the house?”

 

Her dad looks at her and pats her head, “It’s going to stay here until you think it’s time to come back. I’m not thinking about selling it since this place has so many good memories.” Sumin smiles and nods her head follows her dad out to the car, wishing that what she’s doing is the right choice.

 

4 years Later..*winks*

 

“Kyungsoo, bring her to me. She’s crying.” Sumin yelled in the kitchen to Kyungsoo as Lauren cries in Kyungsoo’s arm. She wipes her wet hand on her apron and walks to Kyungsoo who was having a hard time making Lauren stop crying. As soon as Sumin holds Sumin in her arms, Lauren stops crying and hugs her mom by her neck. Kyungsoo sighs, “She never likes me and never wants to come near me.”

Sumin giggles while patting Lauren's back, "It's okay. Maybe she's just not use to you holding her. She'll like you." Lauren slolwy closses her eyes, feeling sleepy and falls asleep. Sumin smiles as she hears Lauren's quiet snore and her quiet voice, calling her mommy.

"She's asleep." Sumin says as she walks carefully to her and Lauren's bed, laying her down.

Kyungsoo puts an arm around Sumin as he gave her shoulder a light squeeze, "It's been four years since you and your father came here. When are you going to tell him?" Sumin sighs and removes Kyungsoo's arm, "I don't want to talk about this right now. Maybe when the time comes."

"Sumin, you know that he will one day find out and want his daughter."

"Kyungsoo, it's hard. Not hard but it's a maze that has no way out." (see what I did there? No? Kay.)

Kyungsoo sighs and pulls Sumin out the door, walking to the garden. He stops when he thinks it's far enough for people to not hear their conversation. "I think there is a way out. Just think about it. It's been four years. Things might've changed during that period of time."

"I don't want to think. I've been away and lived freely for four years, just a couple more years won't hurt." Sumin said, turning her back to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo grabs her arm and turns her around, making her crash into his chest. Sumin could feel her heart about to pop out of her chest.

"Sumin-ah, I know that you're not that strong. I know that you don't have any feelings toward Kris but he needs to know. Lauren is his daughter and he has the right to know."Kyungsoo looks at Sumin in the eye, feeling his heart about to explode, but puts on his serious face.

Sumin sighs and removes herself from Kyungsoo's grip, "Let me think about it more. I don't want anything to do with him. We've been friends since elementary school and I know how much he loves Hyejeong. I can't bring myself to break that apart."

They walk back inside the house and went to rest in the living room.

Kris's Side: 

"Kris, can you help me with this?" Hyejeong asked, handing Kris the paper work. Kris takes it and smiles at Hyejeong. He scan it over, looking at the problem. "You just need to put the red letters in its own folder and seperate the rest into an empty case. The red letters are then suppose to be typed up and sent to your boss while the rest are sort out and neatly typed."

"Thank you." Hyejeong takes the paper and begins her work. Kris rests his head on the couch and stares at the ceiling, sighing as he thinks about Sumin. Hyejeong stops her work and looks at Kris, "What's with the sigh? Is something wrong?" 

Kris heaves a sigh, "I was just thinking about Sumin. It's been four years and I was just wondering how she's doing." Hyejeong nods her head and tries to remember that where she's heard about where Sumin lives.

"Kris, a friend of mine told me that Sumin is in the country side, living with a friend of hers and a baby girl." Kris widens his eye, hearing the word baby girl. He knew that the baby girl has to be his. 

"I want to go there. I want to see the baby girl. Let's go." Kris's voice was cold and serious. He knew that he was being a selfish jerk to Hyejeong but he really needs to know about the girl. Hyejeong nods her head and puts her work into her black bag.

They went out and drove to the place where Hyejeong's friend told them Sumin lives. Kris was only thinking about the baby and it made his heart rip into parts, knowing that Sumin didn't even tell him. 

Sumin's Side: 

Sumin and Kyungsoo were in the living room with Lauren sitting on Sumin's lap, playing with her hand, when there was a knock on the door. Kyungsoo got up and went to open the door while Sumin was playing with Lauren.

When Sumin felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned around and saw Kyungsoo with two familiar person behind him. She looked past him and her eyes widened, not expecting him to be here.