it's a good catch.

tripping into love

a/n: okay, guys, don't hate me Orz

i really wanted to make this chaptered, but, oh well, i couldn't i guess it'll be chaptered and, gosh, i'm bad at writing. i at it. /dies

i'm so used to oneshots i can't make this any longer.

maybe, if you want me too, i CAN add more chapters, but that'll take me probably A LOT OF TIME so i'll warn you beforehand. (and i don't know why i've getting ideas now. it's frustrating but i think i WILL ADD MORE CHAPTERS. and i don't know if it'll make sense. but be happy with what you get out of someone that shouldn't be even here since she's on hiatus /unmarks story complete)

so. yeah. i'm sorry (again). (for everything because i'm so stupid and dumb and just confusing OTL)

tho, i hope you enjoy this (whatever this is).

 

 


[2042 words] 


 

It’s a normal day at school. At least for Myungsoo.

‘!’

He’s about to fall. And even though everyone is looking at him, nobody cares.

‘Please be a fluffy ground..’ he hopes.

And to his surprise he feels something warm and strong envelope him.

‘Is this heaven?’ he asks himself while his eyes remain close.

“Are you alright?”

And now Myungsoo is going to die.

“This must be heaven..” he mutters and he hates himself for being so … so … so stupid to think out loud.

He hears a light chuckle and that’s when he opens his eyes. “If this is heaven, you must be an angel.”

And even though it’s a greasy and cheesy and greasy-cheesy pick-up-line, his cheeks redden, his eyes go wide and his heart misses a few beats. He gapes at the boy (not comprehending the latter heaves him bridal style all the way to the nurse’s office).

“Don’t you think you’re going to drool on me?”

It’s nothing but embarrassing. However Myungsoo just doesn’t know what to do when for the first time someone catches him and then it also  turns out to be someone really, really, really handsome!

“Aren’t you going to stop staring and noticing your twisted ankle?”

Right then, he feels the pain and makes a face. “Why me?” he pouts.

“I guess because you’re clumsy.”

Myungsoo comes to think he just needs to stare at the boy. He tilts his head to examine the other’s features. His eyes are really big (at least bigger than his Sunggyu hyung’s), his lips are thick (a lot thicker than his Woohyun hyung’s) and his hair looks fluffy (fluffier than Sungjong’s).

“You’re creepy,” he says, “but that’s kind of cute.” The other snickers at the raven’s big eyes looking at him like a kid’s looking at his beloved soft toy.

“A-ah… I’m sorry. I-… I just…” and Myungsoo falls silent again. He hangs his head low and presses an “I’m really sorry” out.

Another snicker and the (still) stranger says, “It’s okay. My height is at fault.”

At that they both start to laugh. Just a bit.

“Huh?” they hear a woman’s voice, “What happened?” and it turns out to be the nurse.

“Get well soon, ‘kay?” the boy smiles at him, bows at the woman and leaves him alone.

“Oh boy, did you twist your ankle?” the nurse asks but he doesn’t listen, his mind too occupied with progressing the new occasion in his life.

 

 

“This is your new classmate. Treat him well and be nice!” their homeroom teacher demands and throws glares at some students that tend to be trouble makers. “Introduce yourself.”

“Hello.” And the boy bows. “My name is Lee Sungyeol, nice to meet you.” He shows them his gummy smile and immediately the world seems brighter than before.

“You can sit there.” The teacher points his finger to a stool next to an empty seat and Sungyeol quickly makes his way to his destination. “So, now let’s get back to how our lungs are working.”

Before even one thing can happen, the door bursts open and a boy walks (with much force) over next to Sungyeol’s seat. He plops down and the teacher just continues with what he wants to say.

Nobody even glances at him and Myungsoo is thankful to his ignorant classmates.

“Does it still hurt?”

His head snaps up and he’s face-to-face with the handsome stranger. “How- You- Me- Why?” he stutters.

“I’m the new transfer student. My name’s Lee Sungyeol, yours is..?”

“M-m-m-myungsoo.. Kim Myungsoo…” he stutters again and feels how his cheeks heat up.

Sungyeol smiles. “Nice to meet you, Kim Myungsoo.” He takes the raven’s hand in his’ and adds, “Do you want to go out with me?”

He doesn’t know why he nods but he immediately buries his head in his arms on his desk and remains like this for the whole day through all his classes.

 

“Yeol, stop playing.”

“I’m not and you know that.”

“You are because if not you’d be all over me.”

“Taeyeon.” he growls.

“Yes, oppa?”

“ off!”

Taeyeon gulps and then runs off to god-knows-where.

Right when she isn’t visible anymore, Myungsoo comes out of the classroom and Sungyeol is more than ready to get to him and be with him. “Myungsoo-yah!”

The boy isn’t prepared and he looks up in fear. What is he supposed to do? He’s weird and he knows Sungyeol will get bored with his company and no-one’s ever liked him (except his very strange friends) and-… he just freaks out and shuts his eyes close.

A pair of arms welcome him (because Sungyeol approaches the boy since he won’t come to him) and he doesn’t know why he never feels so safe in his friends’ arms.

“Be as shy as you want, I don’t care. Though, I want to date you and you won’t be able to say no.”

Myungsoo knows he’s screwed.

 

 

“No, no, no. This is the wrong way. I’ll help you.”

It was the next day and Sungyeol somehow gets him to go to the mall (since he hadn’t the courage to go out with him yesterday) and he’s currently really busy trying to wear that black t-shirt-jacket-thingy right but he can’t.

Two large hands come in touch with his bare shoulders and he shudders.

“See, here’s the tag, so this belongs to the back.” the taller smiles.

Myungsoo just nods and looks elsewhere but him.

A few moves and fixes later he looks into the mirror and sees the black t-shirt-jacket-thingy on himself and his face brightens up. “I want this, I need to have this.” he says to himself and aww’s at how it fits him so well.

The other notes what he’ll be buying later on, quickly undresses and dresses Myungsoo to go and have some ice cream.

(In the end, the raven tears up because the girl he dated a year ago didn’t buy him something so great like this.)

 

 

It looks like Sungyeol will be there whenever Myungsoo trips and is about to fall. And Myungso really treasures those moments when the elder’s arms are around him and he whispers things like ‘I like you.’, ‘You’re so cute when you trip.’ and ‘You make me go insane like this.’ into his ear. Those moments make him feel like a high school girl around her crush and he thinks that his heart won’t make it through the next few weeks.

 

 

After a few dates (and some panic attacks), Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo begins to warm up to each other (mostly Myungsoo to Sungyeol). The tall boy always manages to make the younger smile and even though Myungso might be blushing or might be stuttering when he’s with Sungyeol, he never pushes him away. He just can’t. (But he doesn’t need to. Because he starts to act someone he isn’t to not get attached. That’ll just hurt him more than he already is. )

 

 

“Yah, why are you ignoring your friends these days?”

“I-I’m no-not.”

“Hahaha, you’re really stupid, y’know?”

“Y-yah!”

“Who’s older again? Want me to make you feel how much older and stronger I am?”

Myungsoo quickly shakes his head, his hair becoming messy.

“Good.” Sunggyu’s frown is replaced by a sweet smile when he spots someone familiar at the entrance of the café. “I guess you’ll skip me again?”

The younger looks up and furrows his eyebrows. “No, why would I?”

“Because there’s someone looking for you.”

“Who?”

His opponent nods to the boy that is now standing a few feet away from them. “Sungyeollie of course!”

Myungsoo chokes on his spit and his eyes widen. He doesn’t know the other will be here today. He thinks he has something to do. And because he’s a coward, he lowers himself in his seat and prays no one’s ever going to find him.

“Yah, what are you doing there?” Sunggyu raises a questioning eyebrow at his friend’s behavior. “I thought you’re going out.”

“Yah! We’re not.” he whispers only for him to hear. “Now shut up, hyung!”

“Excuse me. What did you just say?”

They end up in a cold atmosphere with Sunggyu trying to kill him with his (really small) eyes and Myungsoo hoping Sungyeol won’t see him.

(And before they know it, the tall boy leaves the café because the woman he is looking for isn’t there.)

 

 

It’s been a while that they have time to meet up.

Myungsoo’s really busy with his friends and studying (though, he doesn’t study because he hates to study and he gets through his exams without it better than with it).

Sungyeol tries again and again to get to his friend, telling him he has a surprise for him but the other declines or even worse, doesn’t even reply because he’s too busy with the homework their teacher gives them.

 

 

(They only have like five dates until everything is over. That’s what they think.)

 

 

‘Please, no!’

It’s because of a big (and when I say big I mean really big) stone. He doesn’t see it because Sungjong is near and he just quickens his pace and – Bam! – he trips.

It’s not like the other times. Not even the same with Sungyeol. Because the boy isn’t there. And he falls to the ground and for the first time he can hear everyone laugh.

‘Since when..?’

He blinks away the tears that want to pour out of his eyes.

‘Your strong, Myungsoo!’ he tells himself.

But the laughter is not directed at him. Even though he might be handsome, nobody cares about a clumsy and weird boy like him.

‘Good.’

He quickly stands up and brushes off the dust from his pants. Just then he notices the big hole in his jeans and the wound right there is bleeding.

“Hyung? Hyung!” Sungjong’s voice halls in his mind.

He doesn’t get to reply. His throat is tied up and his face is wet.

Ohmygod! Hyung, are you alright? Does it hurt? Can you walk?”

Myungsoo just opens his arms and hugs his friend because right now he needs him.

 

 

“YAH!”

“Huh?” Confused, Sungyeol turns to his side to meet his friend’s feet face-to-feet. “UGH! GROSS!”

A loud laugh erupts out of Woohyun and he wipes off the tears from laughing so hard. “You asked for it.” he shrugs.

He just glared at his friend.

“But really, dude, you’re always in a daze and don’t listen to me. Do you think I’ll let you go with this all the time?”

“Hm?”

“THAT’S WHAT I MEANT!”

Sungyeol smiles at him. “I’m sorry. But I can’t help but think about…”

“Myungsoo?”

“How you know-…?”

Woohyun just looks at his friend in disbelieve. “Seriously?!”

“What??”

“Hey, Woohyun hyu..ng.”

And that’s what takes the tall boy to actually take in the presence of his lost friend.

“H-hi, hyung..” Myungsoo says, his cheeks reddening.

“Myung?”

It’s the first time they ever use pet names. And it’s the first time Sungyeol hugs the boy just like this (because the other times were just for the boy’s safety).

The youngest of all three blushes a lot more (his face is probably as red as a tomato), however, he enjoys those arms where he feels so safe.

“I missed you.” the taller mumbles into his hair.

Myungsoo almost sheds tears because… , “I missed you too.”

(Woohyun rolls his eyes and secretly takes photos of their sweet moment. “Maybe I can blackmail him with how gay he looks.” he shrugs.)

 

 

Time makes them bound. Time makes them realize how precious the other is. Time makes them love each other.

 

 

“I wonder… How did you live before I came?”

Myungsoo shrugs, the memories of the past tugging at his weak heart. “They didn’t care. I’m no one special so they let me fall.”

Sungyeol hits him across the head, hard. “Yah, what was that? You’re nothing special?!”

The younger always fears him when he’s angry.

“If you ever say something like this again I will bang you so hard you won’t know your name anymore! Get it?!”

The boy blushes, gulps, trips and almost falls.

“What’d you do without me, right?” With his arms around the boy he saves him.

Because when Myungsoo trips Sungyeol catches him.