4/4

Save Me, Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look, we shouldn’t be doing this,” Hyukjae said sternly, frowning at the soul.

“You were the one who kissed me first,” Donghae replied simply.

“I told you, that wasn’t a kiss! You were the one who kissed me first, if you want to know,” Hyukjae argued back.

“Whatever,” Donghae shrugged with a cheeky smile and moved away. He sat down at an empty bench.

Hyukjae ruffled his own hair. “How could you be so…” he mumbled.

“Perfect? Irresistible?” Donghae tried to help.

Hyukjae kicked him. “Shut up! Are you seriously still a with that attitude?” he said in disbelief.

“Yah! How could you doubt me for something like that?” Donghae exclaimed, a little offended.

“Then don’t act in a way that makes people doubt you,” Hyukjae scolded, sitting down beside the other male.

“What way?” Donghae asked back, sticking closer to Hyukjae expectantly.

Hyukjae pushed him away. “Go away,” he muttered.

“Why are you so cold to me? If I recall, you kissed me rather enthusiastically…” Donghae started but failed to continue due to violent reactions from the Soulcatcher.

“Stop talking about it!” Hyukjae shrieked, shaking Donghae by the shoulder. “Why the hell did you even kiss me?”

“I could have asked you the same,” Donghae said once he managed to free himself from the grasp of the angel. “Why did you even kiss me back?”

“You answer my questions first,” Hyukjae replied, successfully avoiding the question.

Donghae scratched his chin. “Well…that’s simple. I kissed you because I wanted to. I like you,” he replied with a soft smile that Hyukjae found very cute.

At that point Hyukjae was kind of off as to why Donghae’s girlfriend would want to cheat on him in the first place. Seriously, he was handsome beyond words. He cleared his throat awkwardly, hoping that the other didn’t notice his mini meltdown. “That’s…surprising to hear…” he said.

“Why?” Donghae wondered aloud.

“Look, you had a girlfriend until like…what, less than a week ago, and you used to love her truly. Can you forget her so easily?” Hyukjae sighed.

Donghae shrugged. “Honestly, I don’t know, well, I still think about her, but I don’t know what to feel about her, do I hate her, or do I still love her, those kind of things. It’s not like I forgot about her either, it’s just that I don’t want to speak or think about her,” he explained. “I’ve made up my mind I’m going to forget about her slowly. Such a person is not worth to remember.”

“It still doesn’t explain why you think you like me?” Hyukjae frowned.

“Well, that’s kind of hard to explain,” Donghae replied sheepishly.

Hyukjae blinked. “Are you sure you even like me? Or do you just think you like me because I’m here when you needed it the most?” he asked the other male.

He thought he struck a nail in the head when Donghae appeared to be in deep thought. Perhaps he finally figured that out. “Okay, look,” Donghae spoked up after a deep breath, “I just feel like you’re special, maybe it is indeed because you were there when I was at my worst, when I didn’t accept my death, when I was so vengeful I could kill, when I was crying buckets of tears, even on the most fun day of my life you were there,” he added.

There was a moment of silence. “It could have been anyone, you know,” Hyukjae pointed out, “There are tens of thousands of Soulcatchers around the world.”

“But the point was it wasn’t,” Donghae smiled.

Hyukjae turned to look at him and found him gazing back at him softly.

“It could have been anyone but it was you, don’t you think this is sort of like fate?” Donghae tried to say.

“You make it sould like those childish fairytale stories,” Hyukjae replied and he was instantly pushed by the shoulder.

“Yah, can you please just respect my opinion for a second?” Donghae scolded.

Hyukjae heaved another sigh. With that much sighing, he swore he was going to turn into an old man soon, even though he was technically immortal. “Ok, look, we’re getting nowhere with this, can we just forget it and can I bring you back to Heaven now?”

“Wait, what about you?” Donghae asked.

“What about me what?” Hyukjae asked back.

“You haven’t told me why you kissed me,” Donghae pointed out eagerly.

“That is none of your business,” Hyukjae replied defensively.

“But it is! Tell me!” Donghae urged, inching closer to the other male and nudging their shoulders together.

“No!” Hyukjae snapped.

“Then I’m not going to go back,” Donghae replied and crossed his arms.

“Are you serious? You’re going to die,” Hyukjae frowned, blinking in disbelief at what was just said.

“I’m already dead,” Donghae replied back.

“No, dead for real, Donghae. You’re going to turn into an ugly, disgusting ghost, and a Hunter is going to hunt you down, killing you with a bullet right through your forehead,” Hyukjae threatened.

In truth, Donghae was quite freaked out, but he was stubborn. Besides, if he just pushed Hyukjae more, he might just get answers. “I don’t care,” he replied.

“Fine, suit yourself,” Hyukjae got up and started walking away.

Donghae frowned, sprinting after him. “Wait! You can’t just leave me like that,” he excla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter