The Mark

The Fallen

We walked over to my house and sat at the table in the living room

“Lay and appa aren’t here yet but we can start the celebration!”

 

“Celebration? With just us two? Are you crazy have you never been to a real birthday party?” he gave me a quizzical look

 

“…No I haven’t but who cares! I like it better with just us anyways. Hmph”

 

“Fine, fine whatever you say Princess”

 

I brought the cake out with 3 little candle in it and placed it on the center of the table.

 

“It’s your favorite, Sponge cake with strawberries all around it. I thought you might want to use your new lighter to light the candles.” I said with a bright smile

 

“Always filled with great ideas” as he pulled the lighter from out of his pocket and lit the candles one at a time. I turned off the lights; however it was around 4pm so it wasn’t pitch black.

 

I started singing Happy Birthday to him; he just stared at me with that adorable smirk which made me blush like a crazy person! As I ended the song he blew out the candles.

 

“Did you wish for something amazing?” I asked him.

 

“Yes I did, I wished for us to get out of this hell hole and be able to live a nice life together.” He told me while looking down at his lap.

 

“Haha that’s cute! I’d love that!” I said with a smile, not fully understanding that there where deeper feelings in those words of his.

 

We ate pieces of the cake while we talked. I took a big bite of a piece of cake to make chanyeol laugh a little, he did.

 

“Hold on you have something on your face” he said as he grabbed a napkin and walked over to my side of the table. He sat in front on me and told me to hold still.

 

 He leaned in close to my face and gently wiped the white frosting off of my bottom lip. He pulled the napkin away and leaned in closer, I didn’t know what to do. I was swept up in his gravity that I leaned in with him until we were only a few centimeters away. “I want him” is what I thought “I want him so bad”. None of these feelings had become evident until just now. As I could feel his hot breath on my lips as our breathing became one. His lean, tall, muscular body was calling for me, I didn’t know how to resist.

 

When I felt his lips on mine I finally came to my senses of what I was doing. I pulled my face away, I couldn’t look him in his eyes, it would be too much for me to handle. I grabbed the left over cake in a hurry “The cake would go bad if I don’t put it in the fridge, Lay would probably want some...” I said in a soft voice as I walked out of the room. Before I exited I looked back and saw Chanyeol. He was still in the same position staring blankly at the floor.

 

I walked in front of the refrigerator door and put the cake in, closed the handles and put my head down in between the two door handles. Trying to process all that just happened… did I just kiss my best friends… will things be different now… I can’t lose him…He’s all I have. My eyes started to water… I can’t lose him... I don’t want to be lonely again, that’s all I could think at the moment as my eyes became watery and my hands became to shake…

 

Flash Back~

 

The rain was coming down hard. I was soaked completely. I was so lost, I was trying to find my way home. Besides the rain, I was soaked in tears. Appa yelled at me again, I accidently dropped a plate and it shattered to pieces. I love appa but when he got drunk he scared me, he wouldn’t be the same its as if he became someone else...

 

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME, WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE? DO YOU THINK WE ARE RICH AND CAN AFFORD THIS. YOU’RE SO INCOMPETENT! YOU’RE THE REASON WHY SERENITY DIED ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD TO BE BORN.” Dad yelled… this was before we took in Lay, and before appa became sober. He used to drink to keep the pain away from mother’s death. I was so young that I didn’t know what to do… I ran outside in the pouring rain… I just had to run far, far away.

 

I ended up running to a local park and crying on the swings in the rain. I cried hard and loud, not knowing that a boy was in front of me. When I finally looked up I saw a tall, skinny, big eared boy in front of me.

 

“Why are you outside here alone in the rain? You look so sad” He told me

 

“I ran away *hick* from home.” I said while crying.

 

“Why? Do you need a hug? My mom said I give great ones, she said my hugs can warm anyone’s heart. Is your heart cold?” I remember everything he said. They were so childish but it still was so sweet that I ended up running into his arms crying loudly into his shoulder. He hugged me tightly and said “You don’t have to be lonely anymore, I would love to be your friend, and my name is Chanyeol” he let me stay in his arms for as long as I needed. Evne though we were out in the freezing rain, my body and soul felt warm and my heart felt..loved.

 

When I finished crying he took me to his house and told me to sleep in his bed. The next day I woke up to Chanyeol sleeping on the floor, he ended up taking me home and whenever my dad got mad I ran to Chanyeol, we ended up becoming best of friends.

 

~flash back ends

 

Without noticing I was on my knees in front of my refrigerator crying. Chanyeol came in, his face shocked,he saw I was crying and sat right behind me and hugged me. “Im sorry, I shouldn’t have done that… I promise I will never do it again… I never want to see you cry because of me.” I cried even harder, he was too sweet to me.

 

“Please…Never *hick* leave me *hick* stay by my side!” I yelled as I cried. “Please” I kept whispering. “Please..” Pleading for him to always stay by my side. He was shocked, not expecting. to hear that…

 

“Hahaha, of course I won’t, never” He said with a chuckle and held me tighter. We stayed in that position for a while; I ended up lying back on his chest. I could feel his warmth on my back. He was so comforting, he is definitely the only person I’d be able to cry to.

 

“I think we should get up” I said while wiping my tears away

 

“In a bit, I’ve been waiting for this for a while”

 

“What?”

 

“Just be quiet we can get up in a minute” he said with a big smirk and held me tighter with his eyes cloths. I just let myself seep into his big arms.

 

We ended up standing up 10 minutes later. He had to leave for his family so they could have there own celebration for him.

 

“Thanks for the best birthday ever” Chanyeol said with a gigantic smile which was just to die for.

 

“No problem it’s my duty, get home safe” I said as I went to give him a hug. He gave me a hug and we stood there in the living room hugging. As his tight hug became loose I looked at him with a confused face. When I saw his face my eyes became big and scared. He fell to his knees and then to his side. The impact with the floor was loud and startling. I was frozen as I saw him squirm with pain and his eyes shut tight as if he was trying to hold in the pain.. His face covered in terror and his hands covering his neck he gave a loud yell of pain.

 

“CHANYEOL! WHAT’S HAPPENING?” My eyes became to water. “I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I’LL CALL FOR THE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW PLEASE STAY STRONG!” My voice was trembling so much that it even shocked me my voice broke so many timeswhile speakin. I was about to go and get the phone when he grabbed my hand with his hand that wasn’t covering his neck.

 

“Please... Dont go… always stay with me…I can get through this” he said lightly and slowly. His hand that was holding mine was shaking and crushing my fingers

 

I put his hand to my forehead. “Why are you such an idiot, you need help! …I don’t know what to do… I feel so useless, I cant just watch you in pain like this!” I lifted my head up and stared at his hand… it was going lifeless… it felt disconnected from mine even though I was still touching it. His warmth was fading… I was so afraid to look at his face, I didn’t want to see the outcome…I lifted my head up to see his eyes close and him turning pale..

 

“NO! NO GOD DAMMNIT, YOU PROMISED ME.” I let go of his hands and but both of mine over his chest and started to perform CPR. “YOU’RE NOT DYING !” I continuously began CPR over and over again. I kept trying but he wouldn’t wake up… I put my lips on his, instead of blowing air into him I kissed him. “I never got to tell you how I feel. I love you… chanyeol…I can’t live without you...your my savior, bestfriend, and my escape from everything. ” I put my tear stricken face to his chest. “We still needed to get out of this hell hole together. You promised!” then ontop of my head there was a sudden weight. The weight was warm, no. it wasn’t just warm it was hot, extremely hot.

 

“I’m sorry but I never break my promises.” I looked up and chanyeol was petting my head with a gigantic smirk of his. I was speechless, I didn’t know whether to punch him in the face of give him a huge kiss “I’m sorry but can you repeat the ‘I Love you part?

 

“YOU FREAKING DICKHEAD HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO M-­..” I stopped midsentence and stared into his eyes. His eyes were red; firey they… weren’t his… “Wha…what happened to your eyes...”

 

 Then I observed his entire body... He looked the same until I got to his face and neck. His face looked the same but somehow was radiating with a god like presence. But his neck was the thing I was paying attention to the most “Holy , Chanyeol! You have the mark on your neck… You have the sign of an EXO..”