Happy Birthday Oppa!

The Fallen

It’s been 2 years since The Fallen has begun. My name is Ae Sook (you) it means love and purity.But people call me Sookie for short. My father told me it was what my mother wanted to name me before she died giving birth. He said she wanted me to live by my name and to protect what I cherish. I never knew her… but I always felt connected with her spiritually. I am just a commoner, aka insect, I have no powers but I still can’t say I’m an ordinary high school student, but what’s ordinary in this world anymore? I am the team captain of track team and on my free time I practice ancient Korean martial arts, its hard to keep up with all this when your only a 2nd year student.

 

“Wake Up! Didn’t you hear the alarm clock! This is the 3rd time this week, hurry up and eat breakfast” My brother, Lay, shouted angrily at me.

 

My eyes sprung open and I grabbed my alarm clock in one quick motion.

“! Thanks Lay, Looovee you!” I shouted hoping he could hear me.

 

“whatever..” Lay mumbled

 

I got up and changed into my white and black school uniform. I ran down stairs to the table and grabbed a piece of toast from the table. Before I left I kissed Lay on the cheek, hugged Appa and ran to the door.

 

“I’m leaving first! Bye!” I yelled while putting on my shoes. I opened the door and gave a big smile to my life long friend that was waiting for me outside my door like always.

 

“Good morning Oppa! Looking tall like always.” We both laughed as I ran to his side.

 

“Hey Ajumma you’re late again! Looking especially happy today, why’s that? Did you suddenly get powers and now your not an insect like the rest of us?” Chanyeol laughed at his own silly comment

 

“Hell no and who you calling Ajumma, you’re older then me! Also, you know how I feel about the word “insect” being used on us just because we don’t have powers, its just rude! Who do those people think they are calling us that!” I yelled…maybe a little to loud because people were starting to stare at us.

 

“Sorry sorry, chill okay. It was a joke and I totally understand where you’re coming from. But seriously why so happy so early?’

 

“Oh Ya! Don’t act stupid its your birthday I have to celebrate my best friends birthday and I got you a present! ”

 

“Yeah… Your only friend.” Chanyeol chuckled to himself

 

“Hey! I have other friends!”

 

“Okay sure Ms. Popular tell me who other then your teammates, Lay, and me”

 

“Uh…umm...” I scratched my head “Oh! I got it! My Matoki’s!”

 

“Stuffed animals don’t count," he said while hitting my head gently "oh well never mind. I guess I have been replaced" he made a pretend sad face and we just laughed  "Sooo what do you have planned for me?"

 

“I’ll tell you after class it’s a surprise! We got to hurry or we’ll be late.And they do count by the way.” I said as I ran in front of him and gave him a smile, then we both ran to the gate of the school.

 

 Out of breath I walked into my classroom and sat down at my seat by the window. I was so excited for after school I wanted to give chanyeol his present so bad and celebrate with the homemade cake I made him last night (hence why I woke up late). His present was a nice, silver lighter with a beautiful phoenix on the back of it. I knew how he loved the light of the fire and I had to work extra hard to pay for the damn thing, but it was so worth it.

~ Class ends

I walked over to the School Gym to tell my teammates that I had to take a free day then I met in the usual meeting area of me and chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was already waiting for me in the school garden by the bench.

 

“Do you always have to be late for everything?” he said with a smirk

 

“No I just do it to bug you.” I said as I gave him a gigantic smile.

 

“Alright you’re the leader. Take me to this big surprise of yours.”

 

“I willlllll, gosh your so impatient” I chuckled “But first close your eyes and open up your hands!” he did as I said and I placed a little box with a tiny bow on top. “Happy Birthday Chanyeol!”

 

I watched as he opened up his present. His eyes grew wide when he held it up.

 

“Holy ! Thanks this is so cool. Where did you steal this from? No way you could have bought this it looks to expensive!”

 

“Well I took extra shifts at my work and borrowed some money from Lay.” I smiled at him.

 

He gave me a huge hug, lifting me off my feet. “Thank You so much I freaking love you!”