Romanian Circus

Leverage

     The plan sounded simple enough. ''Making a Snipe Hunt would be much easier. Less leeway for error if the team you assembled is good enough for- They're fine. l picked them out myself,'' Fine Mark, then tell me what the hell was the kiss for at least? ''Hey, Mr.Flash in the pan, what the hell was that about the kiss earlier?'' He chuckled for quite some time. l just needed to see if you...were into me or not, but there's a clause for that in your contract order- WHAT?!'' l couldn't believe this. My employer wants me for what?

''Well, l've got a problem. My dad wants me to..find a spouse and be happily ever after to avoid all of the risk that comes with all of our assets from being taken. Now, all l wanted to say is, l chose you Sophie. Because when we met those ten years ago, it was a quick 'flash in the pan' as you said it was. lt was two years later,we were in San Lorenzo, l just, had you take a little incentive to pick out some information of the artifacts you stole- Bugger! l'll kill you!'' l wanted to jump right out of my seat and nail him in the head,but l felt something click around my ankles.

''You sneaky bastard you!- Please, at least finish your drink before taking me out,'' l huffed out a long breath and downed the last bit of liquor in the glass,but it tasted very dirty. ''Did you put something in....this....slump* '' My body felt weak,and l was losing consciousness. The only things l heard after l out was ,''Yes, there was somethig in your liquor...''

    l woke up possibly hours later, seeing the sun was still up. That bastard drugged me with...something to get into his bed. l looked under the thin sheets and was more than any baby on earth. My wig was gone, and my outfit was all strewn onto the floor,along with other clothes. Oh . l felt something extremely hot next to me, And as l looked, l saw a body right up against me. l looked up, and there he was with his cheeky smile.

''This is OUR room actually. You'll have to stay with me at all times. And l hope you don't hurt too much- l better not be hurting, my is too good for you...wait,it doesnt even hurt. Then why strip me down to the essentials and slap me onto a bed with you?'' He took out his phone and flashed his home screen. A of me and all pink and flustered. So, he used an aphrodisiac. ''Help me or that becomes viral? You're a sick man, l'm out of here,'' l wanted to get out of the bed, but something was holding me back. lnstant withdrawl hit me and l just laid down cuddling next to his disgustingly hormone-radiating body like it was dead winter. l didn't even think of doing it my body fell right into position. ''You gave me hypnotic drugs didn't you?- You'll never be able to resist me unless l give you permission to leave my side. Let me tell you, it's beyond lethal, it's just downright dirty which is what l like. So you had a nice run with my pole downstairs,and lapped it up like a lollipop, that's your business- Shut up! l'll work for you dammit!'' l was SUPER grumpy about this. At least l wouldn't be clouded long enough for a nice run.

''Let me get my clothes, change, and let's go steal a company,'' Mark waved me off to let me get my clothes, and it felt like my body was forced out of the comfort zone where l should've been with Mark. '' Can't we run the Nigerian scam? lt's efficient as hell, we'll introduce...Japanese corporations and transport companies, find evidence to bring them down, and clear our tracks easily,'' l explained one of my better grifts. Of course l was Charlotte Prentice 18th duchess of Lansworth (LONG story moving on). l found my bags and other things unpacked and put into the dresser, right next to his clothes supposedly. Oh crap l forgot my makeup palate back at home. l'll get it later then, but job first. ''Oh, and one more thing. lt's official, we're dating, at least by paparazzi,'' Bloody hell. Well, l don't mind marrying wealthy. l better have a pre-nup signed with this.

   ''Wait, we're going right now?- We're almost been blown, so we need a grifter for the job. l'll show you the team,'' He held my hand but l slapped it away. l only agreed with the cover, not the everything else that came with it. l just went straight for the door, but was ed by him, bumping into his somewhat strong build. l looked up, and his eyes made contact with mine, staring deep into my soul. His infectious smile caught me off guard and l looked away pink in the face. ''Oh dear, l thought you aren't supposed to get involved with the mark. At least act the part Sophie if we have our cover story set,'' My heart was rushing into my ears, and a weakness hit me. ''S-Soulgazing right off the bat? That's what l'm supposed to do- You never had to use it when we were kids. So how's it feel, being on the other side of that stare?'' lt felt, different. This was escalating far faster than l hoped. ''You mind? We have to meet your crack ace team,'' He swooped in for one quick kiss that l bit my tongue for, and let us out. Once the door was swung open, the servants dispered from the doorway, pretending to dust this entire front door. ''They're in on this? Please tell me l can go back to boredom academy?'' Mark looped his arm into mine, and l could practically hear the fangirls screaming and swooning. '' You can, but l'm sure you'll be swarmed after only a day of paparazzi scum all over you on the internet. And l'm sure stalkers would kill for you. Be careful,'' He sounded pretty scheme-y for a caution notice. We walked down the stairs and right out the door to the Lincoln Navi and to an apartment styled building.

    ''Welcome to Leverage Consulting and Associations. Our home base for our clients currently. My team's inside waiting,'' Ok then, let's see what you did...huh.We took the elevator to the 12th floor, and we opened to a door with Leverage Consulting Agency written all over it. Mark opened the door, and almost the entire room was filled with men at least our age. Maybe a bit older than Mark. Well it wasn't really filled, but. There was at least one girl in the system. There were two other guys in another room in the back, l turned my head to the right, and saw...snicker* a, uhm... old version of Mark? ''You'll have to excuse that, that's apparently Nathan Leve, founder of Leverage lnc. Why the hell it looks like me l'll never understand,'' Huh, ok. l walked through the offices, and it looked pretty legit. l cleared my throat, and everyone turned to us. ''Mark, who's this?'' The girl seemed impassive and just kept eating her cereal, and the two others looked at me with quizzical brows.

''Everyone, this is Sophie Devereaux, the best Grifter l know. She's perfect for the job. Sophie, that is Jr with the black hair, and the one with the snapback is Jackson. They're our Hacker and Hitter. That over there, is Amber, our Thief,'' Amber just walked up to me and got into my face. l backed up just an inch, when she whispered to me, ''You have pretty hair,'' And backed off. Ok, l gotta work with her sometime soon on that. Jr seemed nice, but geeky. Of course a cute nerd. Jackson looked pretty rough around the edges, but he could play a nice part...Where's my phone?

''Amber, give Sophie her phone back- Ugh fine,'' She dropped out of nowhere from the ceiling and popped my phone back into my pocket. Now l know why Mark hired her. ''Now, about the job?'' He pulled me over to a seat next to the other two boys and Amber. We watched a scheme that was projected on a massive display screen, with a profile picture of the mark, files of financial roles, etc. ''Now, our mark, was our original client. He hired us in the first place, so he knows us well since we haven't gotten to used to each other. Lee Soojung. President of lYS insurance company, one of the biggest branches of insurance in the world including Korean policies. We had to retrieve schematics from a rivaling company that he claimed 'took' the plans for new insurance bills and policies. We were double-crossed, and now our new mark is him,'' Jr. wasn't such a bad debriefing agent himself.

''l've checked his financial records, and the company also has partnrships and ownerships of transportations overseas, including aerospace designs we needed to snatch. Jeff Peirston, is the aerospace head of the Korean lnternational Airway Transport lnc. Our goal, return the plans, and con Soojung all at once. Whattaya say, Sophie?'' W-What l say? l say you all are in desperate need of a Grifter. ''Well, l can pull the Nigerian Scam one of my colleagues pulled back in America years ago. Partner myself with a company, make a deal, then frame Joojung of taking money that was set aside, when he thinks they're asking for money. lt's complicated, but just enough to work,'' Jackson looked dead ahead at surveilance camera feeds that were put up on the screen.

''lt's going to be hard if we need to break in for any of those files to case Soojung. Those guys outside the doors? Ex-CIA,'' How can you tell? As if everyone asked the same question he just replied with a simple, ''lt's a very distinctive stance,'' Uh-huh. Well then. ''Anywho, Sophie l have something for you. Here's my own special communication device. This earbud will connect all of us when we're on the heist, and if you let me re-program your phone we can clone calls in order for us to redirect the phone lines,'' l handed Jr. my phone and he plugged it into his mainframe, pushing a few buttons, and then handing it back to me. ''Now then, let's go steal a company,'' Scoff* l'M the one that does that...