Three

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was oblivious of the weeks that passed as I grew exceedingly busy with the upcoming concert of the boys that will be held in certain cities of China by next month. Furthermore, throughout the entire time, there were changes that seemed impossible to ignore. 

Specifically, my interactions with Baekhyun.

The tension and awkwardness I used to feel whenever we were in the same room were continuously subsiding. The walls that I built around me which composed of regrets and what ifs from the previous events slowly crumbled down into million tiny fragments. 

I had concluded that avoiding Baekhyun wouldn't make the situation any easier for us and at the same time, it exhibited a less degree of maturity in my part. That's why I solely came to terms of suppressing my remaining feelings for him and hoping that it would wholly drift away into oblivion eventually.

If only I had any strength to stop liking him abruptly, then my life would be as simple as it supposed to be. 

But I was too weak. I had the aptness to hold onto things firmly until it becomes covered with scratches and claw marks before I could decide to let go.

I was a er for the little creases at the corner of his crescent shaped eyes whenever he laughed, for his little mole at the upper-right corner of his pink soft lips that looked adorable whenever he pouted them, for his frustratingly y voice that left me in awe whenever he pronounced my name and for his lame dumb jokes and embarrassingly cute aegyo.
I could go on for hours discussing as to why I was so fond of this guy but for now it would be as though rekindling an old friendship. 

Starting anew without any romantic intentions involved may sound difficult at first but it could be possibly done with the use of a distraction and at this point, the heavy workload and piles of papers I had been receiving nonstop had kept me occupied physically and mentally.


I was in the middle of organizing my files when my phone rang. The screen flashed Kyungsoo's name together with an adorable photo of him which was taken god knows when. My camera roll consisted 5% photos of me, 10% photos of sceneries and 80% photos of the boys' faces. They always used my phone as if it was their own without asking for my permission to snap annoyingly perfect selcas.
"Hello?" I answered. I checked the time and it was already half past seven in the evening.
"You're still in the office, aren't you?" He replied.
"Yes, I'm almost done though. Are you guys finished with rehearsals?"
"I didn't attend today's rehearsals but I called Suho and he said they will be working late tonight and that I could just catch up tomorrow."
"What happened? Are you sick or something? Are you at home?" My furrows slightly furrowed as I shifted my phone from my left ear to my right.
"No, something just came up." I could sense he was smiling at the other end.
"What was it then?"
"I'll tell you everything later." 
———————————

 

After full ten minutes of walking around I found the newly opened coffee shop Kyungsoo told me about on the phone which was a couple of blocks away from the office. He knew very well that I was the type of person who liked to discuss things with a luscious drink. 

I wonder what he called me here for?

The walkway leading to the cafe already gave me an idea of playful and yet comfortable vibe. As I entered the shop my attention was caught by the impressive graffiti painted on the walls. The quaint cafe surely had a relaxing ambiance suitable for having small chats.

I spotted Kyungsoo who was wearing blue checkered polo over a plain grey shirt and round spectacles seated at the corner of the room skimming through papers which were compiled in a white folder.
"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." I said as I sat across him.
"I was just five minutes earlier than you. No worries." He shrugged as he placed the folder inside his bag.

"Now, tell me what happened." I said eagerly after I took a long sip of the chai latte I ordered. 
Gosh, I was parched from all the walking.
Kyungsoo also took a sip of his special tea blend before answering me.
"Do you remember when I auditioned for a certain drama last month?" He asked as he took his glasses off and put it inside the pocket of his polo. 
"Of course, how could I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter